alopolo

BP Datejust 36 TT 116233

alopolo

Got myself a BP datejust 36mm with the a2836 movement from trusty. For $280 I its not bad. I'm definitely replacing the strap and possibly Gen dial (if it fits) due to bare SEL and poor sunburst. The movement is brand new as usual with newer BP's and I had no trouble regulating it to +2/s. I would not recommend this as an out of the box watch, I would look at gmf and arf. But this was the only one I found with a reliable movement. 

IMG-20200114-204611.jpg

IMG-20200114-232022.jpg

IMG-20200115-084650.jpg

IMG-20200114-205038.jpg

semperfi55
6 minutes ago, alopolo said:

possibly Gen dial (if it fits) 

A two tone DJ is always great, and you got it at the classic 36mm, perfect choice!

The gen dial diameter would most likely fit (but of course measure yours first!), but you must keep in mind gen Rolex dials have dial feet at different position to an A2836 movement. 

Some people choose to cut off the dial feet and glue new ones to fit a 2836. I’ve done that before and I can tell you it’s not a good feeling chopping off a gen dial’s feet. Feels wrong. Like I’m castrating Hans Wilsdorf :lol: But it does the job.

Alternatively you end up buying a gen movement for your gen dial, which require a gen crown stem, and oh you’ll have to measure the case to see if the gen movement fits, and the gen hands and oh gosh you are deep in some Franken shitshow.

Good luck :p

alopolo

Thanks, pretty excited about this one.  have seen arf 3135 dj36 but they don't have the sh3135, so I'm not aware of any 36TT that take Gen movement. 

Edited by alopolo

semperfi55
17 hours ago, alopolo said:

have seen arf 3135 dj36 but they don't have the sh3135, so I'm not aware of any 36TT that take Gen movement

Yea I'm not well versed with the movements for modern Datejusts as I'm more of a vintage nut. Still, my considerations for gen parts still apply :thumbsup2: