GulfGT40

Timex Three GMT

GulfGT40

I dug out my childhood Timex a while back and ever since I've had a scratch that needed itching. After a bit of searching and in a fit of nostalgia I settled on a Batman style Three GMT.

Here it is with the one that started it all

49397805976_349484701a_c.jpg

I wasn't expecting too much at this price point and to be honest I've had better quality reps for the money. All in all its not to bad though, 43 x 13mm, surprisingly nice leather strap and buckle, the pusher and crown are tight and give a good click as does the bezel. The three GMT is a neat feature, it shows one time zone at rest, pull the crown once and it shows another and again another. Third click sets the time. The pusher adjusts the GMT hand.

49397500053_d6d44bb262_c.jpg

49398025472_3a798778cf_c.jpg

49397346238_54e540c6a7_c.jpg

Lume wise theres not much there but the little there is nice and bright, staying that way for quite some time, all irrelevant though once the crown is pushed the Indiglo function is activated.

49398009182_715d7d183b_c.jpg

49398021922_a14e42dfae_c.jpg

So that's it, itch scratched. It's cheap, cheerful and takes me back to simpler times.

Thommo82

I quite like it!

Auto or quartz?

Price?

GulfGT40

Its a quartz, happy with that for a daily, pick it up and go... My original one is mechanical, pulled it out after 30 years, wound it up and it keeps perfect time. I'll never use it again but I may shout it a new strap, I thought that one was pretty gay as a kid. 

Worked out at a bit over $200aud from ebay. Postage was incredible, ordered it from Belgium 4pm on Monday, almost spilt my beer when the postie knocked on the door at 4pm on Thursday.

Edited by GulfGT40

Thommo82
3 minutes ago, GulfGT40 said:

Its a quartz, happy with that for a daily, pick it up and go...

Worked out at a bit over $200aud from ebay. Postage was incredible, ordered it from Belgium 4pm on Monday, almost spilt my beer when the postie knocked on the door at 4pm on Thursday.

Guess maybe now it’s 2020 the postal service is final living in the future?

I think that’s a reasonable price for the complications the watch has. 

Great pick up 

WatchDog21

Timex does have some great pieces out there.  I do think that thy tend to price themselves a wee bit on the high side but still good stuff.  I picked up one of their dive watches a couple years ago and it really is a great watch.

16706892388_8fe6e8717f_w.jpg

Congrats and a nice pick up!

splke

my old timex from a child in the 70s 

aEL8k.jpg

Sifu Whitey

Buy yourself a fingernail buffer/polisher cube.  You can use the finer sides to polish out the scratches in the old Timex acrylic crystal.