Mrluwin

Top promo for VSF

tribefan
7 hours ago, Realism said:

Watchfinder is probably trying to justify their prices... They are one of the most expensive Gray dealers around... Even more so than Watchbox...

Not sure if many are aware... Richemont bought them in 2018...

I'm in your camp that Watchfinder is doing this out of publicity, not out of their goodwill or for public awareness sakes.

You mean the soothing, authoritative, proper British accented voice reminding us all of the hundreds of years of fine Swiss craftsmanship that goes into the production of a fine timepiece is meant to somehow influence the watch buyer market?

To be fair, at least they are not duplicitous bastards like the pharma companies who have outsourced production to India and China then claim importing drugs from Canada is a health hazard.

GenTLe
17 minutes ago, Fulvio_61 said:

I do not understand the free anger of several people towards those who own rep

They are in minimal part people that care about intellectual properties and in large part those that bought expensive watches to show off and get angry thinking that there are people that may be exchanged for their same "social class" without having the "right" (in their view).

• Like 1

Rx4Time

Honestly that one wasn't even on my radar until I watched that video, now it's got me thinking about it.  

Genius
17 hours ago, BravoDelta said:

That video seals it. I'm getting one. :clap:

My thoughts exactly :rofl:

BADBILLY

I saw that video yesterday as  well.  While wearing my Blue  VSF, which is one of my favorites. maybe it's time for another one just because.

tribefan
1 hour ago, GenTLe said:

They are in minimal part people that care about intellectual properties and in large part those that bought expensive watches to show off and get angry thinking that there are people that may be exchanged for their same "social class" without having the "right" (in their view).

Being from Italy you probably know this already, but after the black plague peasant labor was wiped out. As the survivors were able to charge more and even take ownership in land, they rose quickly in economic status, so much so, that laws were passed on the types of clothes they could wear so they could still be segregated from the aristocracy.

GenTLe
3 hours ago, tribefan said:

Being from Italy you probably know this already, but after the black plague peasant labor was wiped out. As the survivors were able to charge more and even take ownership in land, they rose quickly in economic status, so much so, that laws were passed on the types of clothes they could wear so they could still be segregated from the aristocracy.

I know more about things like these of UK. For instance the flat cap was made mandatory for all of the working class in order to distinguish them and boost the wool production there. Then some people from the higher classes started to use it and now it's not anymore a synonym of working class. Similar thing for the old adages "no brown in town" or "no brown after six", which were referred to the fact that back then the higher classes used only black shoes and the brown ones were reserved for the workers, because on these the dust and dirt was less visible. Also the same for the shows with brogue finish (those with the fake holes in the leather like these https://assets.herringshoes.co.uk/_shop/imagelib/50/857/2907/trickers_kensington_in_beechnut_calf_1.jpg ): back then they were real holes and needed for paesans leaving in places with water meadows, to let the water going out. Therefore something far from classic elegance.

• Like 1

BravoDelta
9 minutes ago, GenTLe said:

back then they were real holes and needed for paesans leaving in places with water meadows, to let the water going out. Therefore something far from classic elegance.

Interesting bit of info there. :thumbsup2:

watch.aholic

In the end the narrator the only justifications he could find towards buying the gen instead of the 'fake' were the history and lineage behind the brand and also the satisfaction of wearing a high quality watch.

To be honest I could never tell which was which. This is one watch I wanted to get a gen of but this video has definitely shaken off that desire a bit. Perhaps a two tone blue and yellow gold gen and a black rep would be a good combo to get.

Kudos to VSF.

submarinerblue

Which TD has it?  Anyone here got one yet?

submarinerblue

Thanks. There’s also one on Perfect Clones. Same factory?

GingerApple
1 hour ago, submarinerblue said:

Which TD has it? 

All TDs have it. 

GenTLe
11 hours ago, submarinerblue said:

Which TD has it?  Anyone here got one yet?

Watches are made by factories. All TDs buys from the factories intermediate persons. So every TD have access to these watches, regardless they have it or not on their sites.

Stufuse
Which is not that wrong actually. At least people know that they should be VERY careful when getting these from privates.

I agree, it should be the only way you buy if you’re not 100% up on the gen model you wish to purchase.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nikosaldente

20191221-134316.jpg

Rep or Gen?

:giggle:

Stufuse
In the end the narrator the only justifications he could find towards buying the gen instead of the 'fake' were the history and lineage behind the brand and also the satisfaction of wearing a high quality watch.

Kudos to VSF.

They are the only points to be made though though the fake just that, at the end of the day you’re not wearing an omega no matter how much it looks the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

steveo75

Wonder if a video like this impacts the market for gens? Not so much because people buy reps instead but because people who would have bought the gen now don't?  Saw someone get very snobby on a Rolex forum once raging that having "earned the right" to his watch he didn't want people thinking other people who he felt hadn't earned that right were basically "as good" as him just because it looked like they had the same watch. 

Edited by steveo75

GingerApple
9 minutes ago, steveo75 said:

Saw someone get very snobby on a Rolex forum once raging that having "earned the right" to his watch he didn't want people thinking other people who he felt hadn't earned that right were basically "as good" as him just because it looked like they had the same watch. 

Pa ha ha!!!! What a dick!

• Like 1

Realism
10 minutes ago, steveo75 said:

Wonder if a video like this impacts the market for gens? Not so much because people buy reps instead but because people who would have bought the gen now don't?  

Not likely...

Rolex is hotter now than they were in previous years...

And reps of Rolex is better now than they were in previous years...

• Like 1

submarinerblue

I ordered it with the bracelet. Just waiting for Chinese New Year to be through to actually get it. Can’t wait.

By the way, if  I decide to  get a rubber strap at a later time, what can you suggest? I saw a few inexpensive ones  on Ali that claimed to fit the Seamaster 300 , but when I read the reviews it turned out they really don’t fit the 2018, at least not without bending the spring pins.

Flinnt
On 31/01/2020 at 08:39, submarinerblue said:

I ordered it with the bracelet. Just waiting for Chinese New Year to be through to actually get it. Can’t wait.

By the way, if  I decide to  get a rubber strap at a later time, what can you suggest? I saw a few inexpensive ones  on Ali that claimed to fit the Seamaster 300 , but when I read the reviews it turned out they really don’t fit the 2018, at least not without bending the spring pins.

The rubber strap from VSF also requires bending the spring bars. You can buy a box full of spring bars for a few dollars. Just bend them with your thumbs over a curved surface. 

submarinerblue

Good to know.  Guess I’ll buy the cheap one on Ali.