Mrluwin

Top promo for VSF

Mrluwin

• Like 3

GenTLe

Just saw it :) LOL,  some of the people in the comments are getting mad at it.

I suspect that we'll have few new noobs here...

• Like 1

BravoDelta

That video seals it. I'm getting one. :clap:

Adit
12 minutes ago, BravoDelta said:

That video seals it. I'm getting one. :clap:

:rofl:

Exactly BD, sold!!

Ferax

Now wearing my black VSF seamaster feels even better! VSF is just nailing it. What a great job!! :Applause:

milikes

Always good video from them. The watch looks pretty good.

Gesendet von meinem GM1903 mit Tapatalk

MAJ75

An interesting video for sure, there are some valid thoughts & opinions expressed in the comment section too some of which I agree with.

The slightly robotic/edited voiceover spoils the Watchfinder videos for me, it is a shame when the production values are so high otherwise.

A real pat on the back for VSF in doing a first class job on the replication, seriously impressive..

thejudge

I never noticed the red ring on the escape valve on mine before amazing detail from VSF.  

tribefan

"And let's be frank (en)".....

Flinnt

It’s such a great rep. Love my black one. All of my VSF Omega reps are amazing. 

GingerApple

I hate these videos though - well, they're interesting to watch, but they get too much attention and this shine too big a light on this game of ours. I prefer to stay in the shadows, not have another billion people flock to the hobby,

• Like 6

Alhig72

This video came uo on my Google news feed too, made me want to get the rep

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

GulfGT40

As mentioned theres a lot of butt hurt in the comments.

Who are these people that are so offended and carry a loupe on them at all times? No ones ever commented on my watches let alone identified them and me as a dirty fake lol.

Glaude
29 minutes ago, TheGingerFerret said:

I hate these videos though - well, they're interesting to watch, but they get too much attention and this shine too big a light on this game of ours. I prefer to stay in the shadows, not have another billion people flock to the hobby,

Exactly, but I'm sure they know that and it may even be done on purpose !

Flinnt
2 hours ago, TheGingerFerret said:

Brace yourself. Incoming “who’s got the best 300m?”, “where can I buy?”, “is this <insert scam site from google> any good?”, “I messaged TD a whole 20mins ago and they didn’t reply, are they scammers?”

Fun times. Especially since it’s CNY. 

• Like 2

Realism
Exactly, but I'm sure they know that and it may even be done on purpose !
Watchfinder is probably trying to justify their prices... They are one of the most expensive Gray dealers around... Even more so than Watchbox...

Not sure if many are aware... Richemont bought them in 2018...

I'm in your camp that Watchfinder is doing this out of publicity, not out of their goodwill or for public awareness sakes.
  • Like 1

Stufuse
I'm in your camp that Watchfinder is doing this out of publicity, not out of their goodwill or for public awareness sakes.

They are only doing it to push the narrative that you should only buy grey or used pieces from a reputable dealer (themselves). When the Daytona video was done, it prompted a lot of comments on other forums about how its too risky buying 2nd hand from private or small sellers. It’s quite clever really, highlighting how good the these fakes that are in circulation are makes them appear to average customers that they know their watches and possibly spook others enough to pay their high prices for the peace of mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

submarinerblue

If VSF (and others) can make such accurate reps why can’t they also do decent water resistance? I’m not talking about 300 meters, but how hard is it to make a rep you can wear in a pool?

BadApple
12 minutes ago, submarinerblue said:

If VSF (and others) can make such accurate reps why can’t they also do decent water resistance? I’m not talking about 300 meters, but how hard is it to make a rep you can wear in a pool?

I've worn many a rep in a pool, bath, shower - zero issues. 

Would I take one down to 300m underwater though? No. Why? I don't scuba dive. 

• Like 1

Stufuse

2467a2f1505340ad318544224d878516.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

BravoDelta
1 hour ago, submarinerblue said:

I've  seen waterproofing offered for a fee.  No guarantee tho...:diver:

GingerApple
4 hours ago, submarinerblue said:

They generally are, particularly divers. After a good greasing, all my dive reps have passed a pressure test without anything needing doing to them.

splke
4 hours ago, BravoDelta said:

I've  seen waterproofing offered for a fee.  No guarantee tho...:diver:

It's an add on in loads of gate shops now 

GenTLe
5 hours ago, Stufuse said:

They are only doing it to push the narrative that you should only buy grey or used pieces from a reputable dealer (themselves).

Which is not that wrong actually. At least people know that they should be VERY careful when getting these from privates.

Fulvio_61

What made me decide definitively to approach the rep world was the reading of a couple of sentences, referring to genuine watch.
The first one is this:

If you meet 100 people in a day, 90 of them will not even notice that you are wearing a watch. Of the remaining 10 people, 5 will only notice that you are wearing it.  Of this last 5, 4 people will notice that it is a valuable watch. Finally, only the remaining 1 will really know what you are wearing.

The second instead:

Anyone who sees you get out of a luxury car, dressed in elegant designer clothes, if they notice your watch, they will think it is genuine, even if it will not be at all.  If the same people see you get out of a common car, dressed in a common way if they notice the genuine Rolex you have on your wrist, they will think it is a replica.

I do not understand the free anger of several people towards those who own rep, and often I find it ridiculous.

Personally, I do not wear my rep to impersonate the person I am not ... however, like many others in this forum, I have both rep and gen.