Genius

The ones that got away - Watches I sold (and kinda regret)

Genius

Been a while since I did a SOTC post and was going to do that today but then was looking through my watch photos and saw how many I have photos of that I no longer own, so figured it might be more interesting to post my collection of watches I have sold/traded/given away so you still get a nice photo heavy thread but instead of my current collection these are ones that are no longer with me.

Will post some details on some of the watches but there's loads so can't be arsed writing about all of them.  Also, this isn't all the watches that have passed through my hands but just the ones that I probably wouldnt have sold unless I'd seen something better to replace them with, kindof if money was no object these are mostly watches I'd have kept anyhow onto it:

The gens:

Cheapish Armani but I liked that it looked a bit like a TAG Monaco so spent far too much money getting a custom  strap made for it, then sold it

i7ygW.jpg

This used to be the jewel of my G shock collection, then I bought more G shocks so I flipped it

i7IHo.png

Wanted one of these mini monsters for years then bought it and never wore it  

i7Y4P.png

Out of all of them, this is the one I missed the most, finally replaced last summer with the newer ceramic bezelled version so now I don't miss it anymore 

i7OyJ.png

Spent a lot of time researching parts to get this Soza mod how I wanted it, then got bored of it pretty quickly

i79mS.png

Bought this when I was drunk, got it for a decent price, loved it, but then I wanted to buy a Rolex so I had to sell this to make up the funds

i7nPQ.png

The reps:

Love a bit of forged carbon, really shouldn't have sold this, will definitely get another at some point

i7reR.png

Of the reps, this is the most missed from the collection, franken DJ super rare dial, but its 36mm and was too small for me to regularly wear

i7BNK.png

Sold this steel fish when I bought the gen yellow Breit I posted above because I needed the money and thought I didn't need two Breitling's, missed it and eventually (once the yellow one had been sold) I bought the gen of this

i7lHv.png

Couple of Ebels here, really really great reps but the lack of half links or micro adjust on the bracelet meant no matter how much I like them I just couldn't get either to fit comfortably enough on my wrist for them to get regular wear

i7CMj.jpg

i7Pg4.jpg

Sold this one, then bought it back, then sold it again, then bought it back WTF!!! Finally managed to let go completely but there's a reason I  bought and rebought it really like this little TAG

i7k0X.png

Love me an Explorer II had a few reps but this was the best, now own a gen, but the older 5 digit one in white not black

i7sNp.png

My first Tudor!  Really like the black bay model, actually replaced this one with another basically identical about 5 months ago, but only worn that twice so maybe another buy flip buy flip scenario about to happen?

i7vK5.jpg

Had two of these Calibre de Cartiers, this is the better one, great watches but maybe a bit too classy for me so never got much wear

i771F.png

Had every colour of these ceramic Armanis over the while they were easily available on aliexpress, black was my favourite  but never kept any more than a few months

i7EMt.png

My first Panerai, was a great watch ended up modding the bezel to have a brushed finish, then sold it when I got some more PAMs because they all basically look the same and I didn't need a load of them

i7RD2.png

A couple of Milgauss another not so obviously Rolex, Rolex model I really like, black I think was my first ever TD purchase and came from Reg, but then wanted a better one so got the blue dial but then that also got sold for some reason (probably because I needed the money more than another watch)

i7FTn.jpg

i7foE.png

Had a bit of an off and on thing with 6 digit subs, not posting all of them but bought and flipped quite a few, these are booth Noob models the no date is a v2 I think and was modded by KeNnY the  date is a V6 and was stock.  I now have an ARF date version althought think that will; follow the same pattern and get flipped eventually too

i7Gb3.png

i705s.png

My UPO, had this a few years at least wore it on rubber leather and the bracelet before I realised the lug dimensions made it look stupid on my smaller wrists, think I'll have to get a 42mm one soon

i7bBY.jpg

Ploppy.... What a retarded watch design this is, loved it in photos or in my watchbox but hated it on the wrist, wish I could have got on with it because it's so stupid its cool but alas no.

i7xRD.png

This was an annoying one, bought it thinking it was the super rep version, it wasn't!  Will get the good one eventually 

i7c9o.png

My bluesy, why the fuck did I ever sell this, sold it cheap too! Probably the best dial I have seen on the forums for one of these, great date wheel too

iEzTS.png

BPFF no radiation.  Loved this then i noticed a fine crack in the bezel and that put me off wearing it so I flipped it, another I'll have to get another of at some point

i7VKk.jpg

BR02 a watch so good I bought 2 of them, then realised how little I wore them so sold both

i7gMJ.jpg

Such a cool novelty watch and one of the few watches I ever got commented on, and probably the only one I got regular comments but the novelty wore off after a while, although they are cheap and the jump hour movement is great so I'll probably buy another at some point 

iEZDP.png

This was just a bit too bling, if it was gen I'd wear the hell out of it but was just too much for a rep if that makes sense?

iEjqW.png

Another I still wonder why I sold, one of my first decent reps and relumed by none other than ROLIE sitting on a custom made supersoft leather strap

iE3bQ.png

Was a cool little beater this but I decided to give it away in a GTG raffle for some reason

iEKUL.png

This I would have kept if I didn't need the money MKXVIII is such an understated classic design and the white dial suits it so much

iEhBR.png

Another IWC and this was on another amazing custom strap I had made wouldn't have sold it but was just a little too big to look right on my wrist

iE5s1.png

Another watch that's too big for me, wish I could get on with the 47mm PAMs as there's so many I like

iELhK.png

Cheapy Reg supplied Nautilus sold it with the intention of buying a better version but never got round to it

iE2R8.png

Remember when these were flying off the aliexpress shelves, great little beater and indistinguishable from the gen, even had a gen movement in all for around £40 IIRC but I went of quartz so sold ikt

iEe9v.png

My first Bulova precisionist love the movement in these, and bought this one because it was a nice blatant Cartier homage but then didn't really wear it so flogged it too cheaply when I needed money

iEWZj.png

Chjeapy DHGATE QEII RO diver, had the best stock AR crystal I've seen on any AP rep

iEiXI.png

Another gate cheapy but solidly built decent AP diver

iEaq4.png

So it turns out I just got bored of writing about watches I no longer own so the rest are just gonna be photos unless I come back in a few days refreshed and ready to add more info!

iEIQi.png

iEqUX.png

iEmbc.jpg

iEORb.png

iEyhp.png

• Like 5

SteveA

Don’t have photos but I regret my Ploppy and Pelagos only

BravoDelta
25 minutes ago, Genius said:

Bought this when I was drunk

Drunk shopping, been there :lol:.  

Some nice pieces there. I'd miss some of those. 

Glaude
1 hour ago, BravoDelta said:

Drunk shopping, been there :lol:.  

Let's bring @Junior88 in here ... he knows that too ! :rofl: 

Junior88
21 minutes ago, Glaude said:

Let's bring @Junior88 in here ... he knows that too ! :rofl: 

At LEAST half of my Gate watches were purchased under the influence. At least. 

• Like 1

Genius
7 minutes ago, Junior88 said:

At LEAST half of my Gate watches were purchased under the influence. At least. 

I once had a speedmaster from Aliexpress turn up at my office ha no idea who'd sent it had to check my emails and then realised I'd actually bought it from there when I was pissed, didn't make the cut for this thread :rofl:

hasel5

I ended up buying a BMW Z3 on eBay whilst drunk 

• Like 1

Genius
13 minutes ago, hasel5 said:

Good lad.  I've drunkenly bid on cars or best offered before but never got one, I'm a cheap bastard when I'm pissed

splke

i think i had at least half a dozen of them off you :)

rusky27

Rolex addict milsub should never ever have got rid mega noob mistake.

iNnAR.jpg

iN688.jpg

Last know whereabouts in the hands of “StormyNight” 

deju

Right lads this is far to emotional :lol: I miss them all! 

Ebel 1911

MetalMickey

Yeah. You have a problem @Genius

Howitzer

Don't really miss any of my reps, as I can still get most of the ones I've sold (even if it means buying them back BB red...). Bought and sold several gens that I miss though. So much so that I deleted all known evidence but here's the main contenders:

Explorer II 16570 black dial

Tudor Pelagos 25600TB and 25500TN

Tudor Prince Chrono 79260 (pre-Tiger)

Tudor Black Bay 79220B 

I think if I could have just one back it would probably be the 79260, but I'd love to have those five in my watch box alongside my BB 79220B, I'd be a (marginally more) contented man. 

Junior88
1 hour ago, hasel5 said:

You would have had to be drunk to buy that. 

hasel5
8 hours ago, Junior88 said:

You would have had to be drunk to buy that. 

And I still have it 

BadPickle
6 hours ago, hasel5 said:

And I still have it 

Pics or didn’t happen :D

NCRich

Neat thread. I really don't have any I regret selling but it's neat to see the pics of older reps. 

Junior88
10 hours ago, hasel5 said:

And I still have it 

So you're still drunk? :rofl:

hasel5
7 hours ago, pickledbeetroot said:

Pics or didn’t happen :D

iJgoD.jpg

tompa_k

I have one buddy if you want :)
cc4bf4898cde38715ac19d4a3ce2f496.plist84f0d80e28cace2d9c2fff2018a93a00.plist

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

• Like 1

KarmaToBurn

Looks like we have similar taste. I've had or currently have many of the same watches.

• Like 1

Genius
57 minutes ago, tompa_k said:

I have one buddy if you want :)
cc4bf4898cde38715ac19d4a3ce2f496.plist84f0d80e28cace2d9c2fff2018a93a00.plist

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Thanks but replaced it already with this one 

iVVh4.jpg

• Like 1

MAJ75

@Genius Some serious commitment to the cause shown in this thread my friend!

Great idea & has made me think about my own flippery in the last few years...which is either impressive or worrying depending on your view.......

tonyh7

Excellent article. Must admit I bagged the precisionist, which was indeed a great watch at a great price. All this illustrates that there is indeed a fine line between genius and madness!