WatchDog21

Watch & Clock Finds From Ohio

WatchDog21

A brief background.  My dad is 90 and recently had a stroke.  He is doing a bit better but still a high risk for another.  My older sister and I are in the process of clearing out the house.  Going through a lot of stuff has revealed the below.  Needless to say, watches will be going back to Florida with me.  As for the clocks; well I'm just not sure.  I will have to try and research them.  Any antique clock sluths here?  So here they are.

First was from late 80's I believe.  A Timex Data Link

mja7J.jpg

Next is one of my grandfather's pocket watch from 1905 (inscribed on the back with his name)

mjm3P.jpg

Another pocket watch; Hampden Watch co

mjoyW.jpg

Then the clocks

Seth Thomas

mjIcQ.jpg

mjneK.jpg

New Haven Clock co

mjYmL.jpg

mjyCR.jpg

And finally, an unknown...

mj1S8.jpg

That will do it for now.  Posting from my phone is not my favorite way, I like my big monitor and PC 

• Like 1

FudgyDocker

The Microsoft / Timex a neat gimmicky watch from 1995. Apparently, one of the first 'Smart Watches'. It'll store X number of phone numbers etc. But to make the data transfer work, you'll need a CRT monitor and a 32 bit PC.

Here's an article from 2015
https://www.geekwire.com/2015/reviewing-worlds-first-smartwatch-timex-datalink/

WatchDog21
15 minutes ago, FudgyDocker said:

The Microsoft / Timex a neat gimmicky watch from 1995. Apparently, one of the first 'Smart Watches'. It'll store X number of phone numbers etc. But to make the data transfer work, you'll need a CRT monitor and a 32 bit PC.

ah yes, now I remember!  I had to "sync"it with the dial facing the CRT monitor.  I mostly used it for keeping phone numbers.  Not sure if I will be able to get it running again but I will try.  As for a CRT, not gonna happen :D

tonyh7
1 hour ago, FudgyDocker said:

I was consulting for the Fred Olsen group in the 90s and met the group chairman in a swanky hotel in London. He was a tall and very charming Texan dressed immaculately in what I assumed was a Savile Row suit. On his wrist was not the Rolex I expected but a Timex Data Link. Then I remembered Timex was part of the Olsen Group!

• Like 1

WatchDog21

Found a couple more.  Yeah just cheapies but I am happy to have them.

m2NTW.jpg

and this one which I am sure @Junior88 will enjoy.  Packed Electric changed names to Delphi and is a division of General Motors.  Dad was a tool and die maker there for close to 50 years.

m2R0S.jpg

RussP

Lovely finds.

Treasures from the last century, in my opinion.

Thanks for sharing your finds with the forum.

Psssniper

Dad's collection! That is really a cool thing to have come upon. Even if you only keep one or two that are special to you and sell the remainder I'd say you are a lucky man.

Especially love the Golf dial pocket watch. Could we see the engraving on the back?

WatchDog21
9 hours ago, Psssniper said:

Dad's collection! That is really a cool thing to have come upon. Even if you only keep one or two that are special to you and sell the remainder I'd say you are a lucky man.

Especially love the Golf dial pocket watch. Could we see the engraving on the back?

Oh, I will keep all of them.  Once I get home I will snap a pic of the back.  Waiting for my flight now 

WatchDog21

As requested @Psssniper, the back of the one pocket watch.  For obvious reasons I obscured my grandfathers last name from the photo.

miWzX.jpg

Oh I almost forgot these  "His and Hers" digital gems.

miaYi.jpg

Psssniper

Beautiful, thanks for sharing that.