BadApple

China Extends its New Year

BravoDelta

@tribefan That certainly makes it official. Nice google digging to find that :digging:

GingerApple

Puretime getting their policy out there:

ozsrp.png

• Like 1

Bill_C

Good on them for putting that out there.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Good on them for putting that out there.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

thejudge

Can we ask the Mods to contact each of the TD's once CNY is over so we can make sure they are all ok?

GingerApple
19 minutes ago, thejudge said:

Can we ask the Mods to contact each of the TD's once CNY is over so we can make sure they are all ok?

Great idea. @NCRich is keen to do whatever he can to help the forum, I'm sure he'll jump at the opportunity.

NCRich
18 minutes ago, TheGingerFerret said:

Great idea. @NCRich is keen to do whatever he can to help the forum, I'm sure he'll jump at the opportunity.

I believe that banning the ferret is in the best interest of the forum.  I think we need a poll.  No one cares whether the ferret is OK.

• Like 2

Glaude
44 minutes ago, thejudge said:

As far as I know, none of our TD are old, fragile or any other endangered type of people by this silly virus, so I think they'll be ok ;) 

GingerApple
20 minutes ago, Glaude said:

As far as I know, none of our TD are old, fragile or any other endangered type of people by this silly virus, so I think they'll be ok ;) 

I really think Rich should check. Just to put our minds at rest. That's why he's a Mod right? To help the forum, to work for the members?

Intresting

There really is no need for that.  The TDs are keen to start the year of the Rat with a bang.   Given the slowdown that is caused by this virus, they should be keen to pick up on any business.    They will be doing online business even if they are sick.   Chances are they will also NOT tell anyone if they are actually sick, so that you don't scare potential business away.  Good thing I wipe all my buys down with IPA alcohol when I receive them......

narikaa

Worry if the Chinese get the ability to make 1:1 pandemics

Intresting

There was a Infectious Disease study lab not many kms from the epicentre in Wuhan.   There is some suspicion that it could have started there......  13 of the original 41 patients were not from the seafood markets.   So it could have started elsewhere.

GulfGT40

49475581838_4a3a7e60a9_c.jpg

ebzen02

70c5ea559e7de8340d3bcae510fbe544.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GingerApple
6 minutes ago, ebzen02 said:

70c5ea559e7de8340d3bcae510fbe544.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol, wouldn't that be funny. As much as it's bs, it's got to be worth a try, right?

:coke:

• Like 1

Bertus15

Copy from Bloomberg:

More than a dozen Chinese provinces announced an extension of the current Lunar New Year holiday by more than a week as the nation attempts to halt the spread of the novel coronavirus that has killed hundreds of people and sickened thousands.

Fourteen provinces and cities have said businesses need not start operations until at least the second week of February. They accounted for almost 69% of China’s gross domestic product in 2019, according to Bloomberg calculations.

All the key eastern manufacturing provinces have extended the holiday. They include Guangdong, home to the tech city of Shenzhen across the border from Hong Kong; Shanghai, home to China’s largest port and a newly-built Tesla Inc. plant; as well as Jiangsu, where Nike shoes are manufactured. Henan in central China, which has a large Foxconn plant making iPhones, also announced the extended break.

Map of Coronavirus Cases Shows Clusters in Chinese Factory Hubs

The extension come on top of other measures including quarantining whole cities that are set to disrupt supply chains and logistics, prompting economists to expect that this virus will deal a more severe blow to China’s economy in the near term than the effect of the SARS outbreak in 2003.

The longer holiday is also likely to be disruptive for China’s trade, hitting both exports, imports, and the companies that rely on that exchange. The 14 provinces included in the extended holiday were the source of 78% of China’s exports in December last year, according to Bloomberg calculations based on official data.

Those same provinces account for 90% of copper smelting, at least 60% of steel production, 65% of crude oil refining and 40% of coal output. While the extended holiday will likely depress consumer demand for fuels and goods, what it means for raw material consumption is less certain as industrial facilities often continue to run at least at partial utilization with skeleton crews even during holidays.

The Lunar New Year is disruptive even in normal years, as the country shuts down for a week as hundreds of millions of people travel to visit family. Industrial factories typically stock up on raw materials ahead of the holiday, in anticipation of a jump in activity after the break. That pick up is now being delayed.

Things are probably way worse than the chinese government is willing to admit.

submarinerblue

The Chinese govt can extend the New Year holiday again as long as the epidemic fails to be brought under control.  And it may not be brought under control for some time to come.  Many people are afraid to go out in public for fear of catching the virus.  Many businesses have ground to a halt. That’s why the Chinese stock market is plummeting. Not good news for those of us who have watches on order.  Or for the Chinese people.

Devil

This sucks, I thought Chinese New Year was bad but having to wait until MARCH?!

Intresting

Meanwhile, all those who are on Trusty Time's inner circle mailing list will have received notification yesterday of further CNY specials yesterday, from Noob Sea Dwellers, to ZZF, APs and 1:1 Brietling Navitimers.  Offers are either limited to 88 pieces or to be placed before 10 Feb where they expect to resume business.   Hope this scratches the itch of those who need to by a rep.  

trailboss99
On 27/01/2020 at 23:37, BravoDelta said:

There are unofficial reports that deaths from the corona virus are way under reported

Don't believe everything you read on the internet. There are CDC and WHO observers in the province.

• Like 1