BadApple

China Extends its New Year

BadApple

China extends its New Year holiday to fight killer coronavirus outbreak - 3 days added

rusky27

What a time to hit China, it couldn’t be worse for the risk of spreading.

it just makes me wonder how many unregistered deaths the government have not logged, after seeing the videos of crowded corridors with patients next to corpses Wrapped in duvets.  I can only deduce that if they don’t register the poor souls they don’t put the figures up.

terrible times 

deju

Yeah I’m with @rusky27 what’s the actual death toll vs the reported toll. 

I read up that influenza season kills 60,000 people a year. So we’re still not up there on the danger scale

GingerApple
31 minutes ago, deju said:

I read up that influenza season kills 60,000 people a year. So we’re still not up there on the danger scale

I read that deep fried Mars bars, Buckfast Tonic and Irn Bru poisoning kills 120,000 Jocks annually - so indeed, this thing's a non event in comparison.

BravoDelta

There are unofficial reports that deaths from the corona virus are way under reported. 

deju
9 minutes ago, TheGingerFerret said:

I read that deep fried Mars bars, Buckfast Tonic and Irn Bru poisoning kills 120,000 Jocks annually - so indeed, this thing's a non event in comparison.

You know I’ve never actually had a fried mars bar?! :lol: apparently the calorie count is crazy?! 

When you think about it you must have Scottish/Irish/Viking ancestors! 

Howitzer
11 minutes ago, deju said:

You know I’ve never actually had a fried mars bar?! :lol: apparently the calorie count is crazy?! 

What about the "stonner" then @deju, 1.4kg of deep fried doner kebab goodness? 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stonner_kebab

• Like 1

rusky27
28 minutes ago, TheGingerFerret said:

Hahahah
does it aye ?

GingerApple
20 minutes ago, deju said:

When you think about it you must have Scottish/Irish/Viking ancestors! 

No need to go that far back -I'm quarter Jock :rofl:

(And 25% Scouse and 25% Geordie if we're counting lol. Goes to show how tongue in cheek my Northerner bashing is really).

30 minutes ago, BravoDelta said:

There are unofficial reports that deaths from the corona virus are way under reported. 

Jesus, that would be terrifying if true. Would it suprise me? I think so, but I honestly don't know what to believe these days. Well, not that article to be fair - news agencies reporting this story refer to this lady suggesting 90,000 are infected, not dead.

GingerApple
7 minutes ago, Howitzer said:

That genuinely sounds quite nice...

BravoDelta
12 minutes ago, TheGingerFerret said:

news agencies reporting this story refer to this lady suggesting 90,000 are infected, not dead

Could be some accuracy lost in translation...But it's Twitter it has to be true :blink:

Edited by BravoDelta

deju
43 minutes ago, TheGingerFerret said:

No need to go that far back -I'm quarter Jock :rofl:

(And 25% Scouse and 25% Geordie if we're counting lol. Goes to show how tongue in cheek my Northerner bashing is really).

:lol: Fuck if we leave the UK, I'll need to get the spare room sorted. You'll be getting chucked out!!

47 minutes ago, Howitzer said:

Holy fuck... that sounds like a heart attack waiting to happen! 

@BravoDelta We live in a world of Fake news, hard to tell who is telling the truth. I do think that 100 people wouldn't justify the wide spread panic. 

SteveA

Anyone concerned about buying reps from China seeing as this can be spread by touching a surface that an infected person has coughed or sneezed on ?

I believe a lot of reps are assembled in Guangzhou which is only 985km from Wuhan,do they import materials from surrounding provinces etc ?

I may lay off purchasing for a while

Flinnt
1 hour ago, SteveA said:

Anyone concerned about buying reps from China seeing as this can be spread by touching a surface that an infected person has coughed or sneezed on ?

I believe a lot of reps are assembled in Guangzhou which is only 985km from Wuhan,do they import materials from surrounding provinces etc ?

The name "coronavirus" is derived from the Latin corona and the Greek κορώνη (korṓnē, "garland, wreath"), meaning crown or halo. This refers to the characteristic appearance of virions (the infective form of the virus) by electron microscopy, which have a fringe of large, bulbous surface projections creating an image reminiscent of a royal crown or of the solar corona.

Oh shit, I have a dirty ass big one at 12 o’clock on my dial. 

• Like 1

BravoDelta

And I thought it was named after the beer:beer:

• Like 1

thejudge

Its ok after Friday the UK goes it the lock down, we pull up the drawbridge and we should be ok unless the French start catapulting diseased cows across the channel

• Like 3

FudgyDocker
8 hours ago, Howitzer said:

What about the "stonner" then , 1.4kg of deep fried doner kebab goodness? 

1000 calories & 1.4Kg. Would make an amazing starter! :)

Bill_C

Whether the estimates are right not, fear of an epidemic kicked the crap out of the market today in the US. Dow dropped 453, NASDQ down 175 and the S&P down 51... all on fear. Not to sound like a prick, but I hope they get that crap contained and announce some good news. My portfolio has been riding a nice high lately and I don't want it to stop over some hyped up fear mongering... now, if it's really an epidemic then I'll apologize for being a greedy prick, but in the meantime...

tribefan

Forget the news, watch the Teterboro flight manifests. When they start filling up with routes to New Zealand, it's game on.

https://flightaware.com/live/airport/KTEB

Glaude
6 hours ago, SteveA said:

Doesn't spread much like that, coronavirus family need somewhat prolonged contact with a contaminated host in order to spread, otherwise outside of an host, it dies in 3 hours in regular conditions and in very humid environment it can take up to 3 days, needless to say package are safe

Left Coast Guy

My company sources product from China on a pretty large scale, we've been told Chinese New Year is being extended two weeks, not 3 days.  The guidance from the executive team at our contract group is that the gov't is telling them to expect an extension through 3/1 immediately following this extension unless they can stop the spread before 2/12.   Its hard to tell exactly how much of that is actual knowledge vs them hedging on delivery timetables, but when we pressed on committing to some delivery time table, they waffled....which is rare.   Seemed really spooked to commit to anything, which isn't how things normally work. 

I'm not sure I believe 90k dead or whatever, but it seems the Chinese gov't knows more than their letting on here. The speed and veracity with which they've responded is nuts, and shutting down the factories across the country for a month is a MASSIVE price tag.  

narikaa

Im hearing some strange stuff out of China re lockdown situations, no businesses to open , shops etc . Stay at home and cook what you have etc

On the upside shopping in Bangkok's Chinatown is now a dream, need to clear the bastards away you just start coughing :D

tiddly2.jpg?raw=1

tiddly.jpg?raw=1

brang1

We have a couple of containers on the docks in China, we have been told the hold up could go way beyond the 10th of Feb, going to hurt a lot of businesses 

tribefan

I was commenting on another thread about a Gate order that was stuck, just got a message this morning that it will ship as soon as CNY is over.

I have two other orders that are now posting 2-7 and 2-10 ship dates. Those initial dates they post are usually 5 days out and actually ship in 2 or 3, but not now.

An order I placed on the 13th , shipped the 16th, left China on the 21st, processed in NYC on the 29th and will be delivered today. That is probably going to be it for a while.