submarinerblue

When Should I Start Worrying?

submarinerblue

It's been a couple of  years since I ordered from a TD so I'm not sure whether I have have cause for concern.

I ordered a watch from PC a week  or so ago. I received immediate confirmation and a question I had was answered right away.  Since then I have not received QC pics or any  communication. I sent an email a couple of days ago to see what was happening and got no reply.

Now I know that it's around Chinese New Year and there is also all the chronovirus shit happening over there, but does that mean it's normal for TDs to simply not conduct any normal business or even respond to emails from customers during this time?

If that's the case I won't worry for now.  If this is not a usual MO, what should I do? When should I start to worry.

SCShrek

Yea mate, its normal.

dsg2013

Josh has been my go to TD and has never miss a beat. You can be rest assured he'll get back to you once the new year blows over. They might be out till February and with the virus extending things.

BravoDelta

My last order was Dec 21, nothing till QC pics Jan 8...18 days. And it wasn't even CNY.  No worries. 

Rokerite

I ordered a watch from Josh this time of year a couple of years back and he he explained about the delays due to CNY, I said I understood this and to just ship when he could. Soon as the holiday was over he shipped expedited and I had the watch in the UK from China in four days! :D

submarinerblue

Thanks for the assurance.  I won’t worry for now.

Just wondering how China can be an economic powerhouse if everything shuts down for a month or more every year.  Especially when they are competing against the US which is known for the stinginess of its vacation time.

SCShrek
8 minutes ago, submarinerblue said:

Just wondering how China can be an economic powerhouse if everything shuts down for a month or more every year.  Especially when they are competing against the US which is known for the stinginess of its vacation time.

PRICE! They make stuff for cheap and they are out more like 3 months out of the year in total. :lol:

BadApple

You say you know it’s Chinese New Year. Obviously you don’t. 

• Like 1

FudgyDocker
22 minutes ago, submarinerblue said:

Seriously, dude. Things probably won't get back to normal until about mid-Feb

And as for "Chrono-virus". Isn't that a watch addicts disease?

SCShrek
2 minutes ago, FudgyDocker said:

Seriously, dude. Things probably won't get back to normal until about mid-Feb

And as for "Chrono-virus". Isn't that a watch addicts disease?

Only if it has the microstepper :lol:

submarinerblue

I knew from experience that when I asked a simple question that at least one member would have a condescending response. Thanks for not disappointing me, Bad Apple.

Intresting
55 minutes ago, SCShrek said:

PRICE! They make stuff for cheap and they are out more like 3 months out of the year in total. :lol:

Productivity.   Who builds an entire highway and a 1000 bed hospital in 1 week?   They also work more hours in 11 months than some work in several years.