Marv1nn

Carbotech Wear?

Marv1nn

Hey guys,

Considering my next Pam, and had the 979 in mind (the one with the white pips).

How well does the Carbotech handle the day to day use of the rep? Does it mar like plastic? Does oil from your hands make the finish irregular?

721f33daf61048d59ac5473e8f510d61.jpg

GenTLe

Regardless of the material, consider that it is a BIG watch, this means it will be easy to bump it into doors, walls etc when you pass by them. Take this on consideration.

I let others speaking about the material as I don't have any carbon watch in collection.

BravoDelta

I've seen these with missing bezel markers leaving a noticable empty hole. 

GingerApple

I've got the latest VSF clone version of this and no issues so far (this one):

https://puretimewatch.io/pam979-carbotech-vsf-best-edition-carbon-dial-on-rubber-strap-p-9010-clone-free-leather-strap.html

I've got several of these latest VSF Pams and they all seem really well made to me. I don't treat my watches roughly though. I don't think they'd wear any worse than the Gen, certainly in terms of case etc so I don't think it would mar like plastic. The rotor is quite noisy, but no worse than a fidget spinner-esque  Gen RM I heard.

Mine says hi!

K8Ugv.jpg

• Like 2

Jibuti

had one.... looks very.....of course, ginger gits never complain cos of their low standards...

GingerApple
5 minutes ago, Jibuti said:

had one....

Since when fuckety-features?

Jibuti
2 hours ago, TheGingerFerret said:

Since when fuckety-features?

since last wednesday, for two hrs, sold that plastic toy locally... if you must know...buyer was not ginger...

GingerApple
3 minutes ago, Jibuti said:

since last wednesday, for two hrs, sold that plastic toy locally... if you must know...buyer was not ginger...

Just as I suspected; the only time you get close to a decent watch is when you walk past your local Rolex dealer on your way to the Pound Shop.

Jibuti
19 minutes ago, TheGingerFerret said:

Just as I suspected; the only time you get close to a decent watch is when you walk past your local Rolex dealer on your way to the Pound Shop.

you know me better than me myself!

PS

we have Euros here, not Pounds!

:)

tribefan

Took a flyer on this coated SS one on RWI for $120. Seller didn't want it because it was too heavy. 174 grams w/o the CG, so it is pretty hefty, but I actually prefer that. For comparison, my Omega SM 300 diver with a solid SS bracelet is 177 grams and it's the heaviest of my modest collection of subs. Rubber strap is really well done. Bezel spin is superb. Never would have considered this if it wasn't so inexpensive, but now that I have it I really like it.

mM1BK.jpg

• Like 3

cvp3

That’s a winner for $120.

Pakito1100

I really like this watch. It is a 47 but does not seem as large as others because its thickness is less. I have tested the gene and it gets very close.
Mine says hello tooc89a94ce5d91210bcc9141780af072e4.jpg5f4ae7d00c7b781c9e5f7a1bdf0a02ca.jpg

Enviado desde mi POT-LX1 mediante Tapatalk

• Like 1

GingerApple
3 hours ago, Pakito1100 said:

I really like this watch. It is a 47 but does not seem as large as others because its thickness is less.

It definitely wears a lot better than you expect before your receive it. The carbon is so light, it makes it a very comfy watch to wear. I happen to have my green one on today which is equally comfy. It's a really nice material the Carbotech; light, scratch resistant, pleasantly tactile, warm......

mJG2P.jpg

• Like 2

Pakito1100
It definitely wears a lot better than you expect before your receive it. The carbon is so light, it makes it a very comfy watch to wear. I happen to have my green one on today which is equally comfy. It's a really nice material the Carbotech; light, scratch resistant, pleasantly tactile, warm......
mJG2P.jpg

I have green too and love it. a9ed238dcf49627168d4ce93c325fa44.jpg

GingerApple
1 minute ago, Pakito1100 said:

I have green too and love it.

I like it on the black strap! Less 'in your face'. The green strap is my least favourite part of the watch actually and I'm actively looking for a replacement.

Pakito1100
I like it on the black strap! Less 'in your face'. The green strap is my least favourite part of the watch actually and I'm actively looking for a replacement.
Certainly, IMHO, the best option is OEM straps. This black is.

otarduff

As far as I know, In 2015, Panerai introduced the Luminor Submersible 1950 CarboTech 3 Days Automatic PAM 616, their first watch with a Carbotech case. Building on the success of the innovative material, the Luminor collection was expanded with the new PAM1661 Luminor Marinain, which also uses unique carbon fibers. I bought myself this watch in 2019, and the design is still the same, cool and stylish. I like it because I can pair it with any clothing, more practical it fits with techwear clothing. I feel comfortable enough when someone is looking at me in this look.

Edited by otarduff

tribefan
1 hour ago, otarduff said:

As far as I know, In 2015, Panerai introduced the Luminor Submersible 1950 CarboTech 3 Days Automatic PAM 616, their first watch with a Carbotech case. Building on the success of the innovative material, the Luminor collection was expanded with the new PAM1661 Luminor Marinain, which also uses unique carbon fibers.

Plus, the blue is cool.

Panerai-Luminor-Marina-Carbotech-44mm-1.

lexidium

For my two penneth:  Pams are the ghastliest, ugliest watches ever devised by man . . . . . :HeHe:

• Like 1