GenTLe

Have you ever wondered how bracelets like AP's ones are made?

GenTLe

One of the things that always made me to wonder is  how do they put together solid link bracelets like those of the APs or Rolexes, with apparently no screws (apart on the last links near the clasp).

I searched a bit and found these 2 videos. One is from an US based brand that shows the amount of work that goes into one of these things: it is a all-link-screws one but apart from this, the procedure is very similar to the AP or other multi-faceted ones.

The second video is AP only. It lacks some of the insite seen on the 1st video, but it answers the initial question showing the "trick" they use to create and put together those apparently one-piece solid links to the next ones.

Enjoy:

• Like 3

Nikosaldente

Nice find mate!

Thanks for sharing. 

Laser welding and fine brushing!

GingerApple

Ahhhh, I see. So they're not solid, they have holes for pins. So they hammer in loads of pins, then weld the ends of the pins in place before polishing the edge up so the pins  seemingly disappear and it looks like a solid piece. Is that right?

BravoDelta

Interesting videos although I would have quit that job after making my first link. :Shocked:

deju

I've seen the AP video before, actual work of art!! 

GenTLe
20 minutes ago, TheGingerFerret said:

Ahhhh, I see. So they're not solid, they have holes for pins. So they hammer in loads of pins, then weld the ends of the pins in place before polishing the edge up so the pins  seemingly disappear and it looks like a solid piece. Is that right?

Yep! :)

20 minutes ago, BravoDelta said:

Interesting videos although I would have quit that job after making my first link. :Shocked:

Me too... Can you imagine doing that tens of times a day, every day for weeks? :suicide:

BravoDelta
22 minutes ago, GenTLe said:

Yep! :)

Me too... Can you imagine doing that tens of times a day, every day for weeks? :suicide:

After 40 years of polishing links to get a pension...:hung:

Jasonbaylee

Are their fingers numb or still exiting?
Incredible workmanship!

Thx gentle!

One of the things that always made me to wonder is  how do they put together solid link bracelets like those of the APs or Rolexes, with apparently no screws (apart on the last links near the clasp).
I searched a bit and found these 2 videos. One is from an US based brand that shows the amount of work that goes into one of these things: it is a all-link-screws one but apart from this, the procedure is very similar to the AP or other multi-faceted ones.
The second video is AP only. It lacks some of the insite seen on the 1st video, but it answers the initial question showing the "trick" they use to create and put together those apparently one-piece solid links to the next ones.
Enjoy:
[/url]  

CNC machine, a little bit of polishing and $3000+