Sign in to follow this  
Borger

Help: Fix a Pam Crown in automatic movement

Borger

Hello,

I am new in this forum, my Name is Borger and hope you can help me:

To relume my hommage from jackson, (Automatic movement, no handwind) I opened the case, and pushed the small button down, which fix the crown stem.

After pushing down, it was easy to pull out the crown stem.

The problem: The button is still down in the movement.

I can do the stem into the movement, but it is not posible to get the litte button up to fix the stem inside the movement.

So is there a trick, to get the button up?

Pls help me, but I dont have an idea to bring the watch in a working position.

greets Borger

sconehead

...sounds like you pushed too hard mate...more than likely the the keyless works may need rebuilding...sorry...

MikeMcNair

Try lightly depressing the removal pin while moving the pin side to side. You may have pressed it so far that it is basicLly caught in it's hole.

Should that not work try heating it with a hair dryer, then once hot to the touch apply a very small ammt or watch lube to the pins top, and I mean a SMALL ammt

gottahaverolex

When you pushed the button to pull the stem out it should be in the time setting position. If you had the stem pushed all the way in and pulled it out when you pushed the button you fouled the keyless works. I have done this before and the same thing happened to me. the button stayed depressed. If you GENTLY push the stem into the movement until it stops, then repeatedly push on the crown you may be able to get the stem to snap back in and the button will pop back up, resetting the keyless works. Warning! This is not the proper way to fix this problem but if you are desperate and willing to possibly ruin the keyless works it should work. It has worked for me every time I've done it, BUT I got very luck every time. If it doesn't work the you will need to totally rebuild the keyless works. Good luck and let us know how you make out!