Lalex

Expensive clones

Lalex

Hi ,

I'm new to the forum and I have questions. 

First of all I hope to be in the correct sub forum...

I've red here about the lie with Rolex reps made in Switzerland. 

On some sites you have exactly these watches for about 1300 dollar. 

So I know now that these reps are made in Asia but are they possibly extremely good clones and worth the price as advertised on these sites?

Or are the watches exactly the same as you can buy between 300 and 600 dollars on sites like perfect watches and others?

FudgyDocker

Don't even think about going to any other sites, other than those on our TD list. You're more than likely to get ripped off. There's untold scam sites out there.

There, fair warning.

BravoDelta

If you run your card on those sites...

download-1.jpg

• Like 4

Lalex

I will not .

Not until someone here will te me so. 

I'm just curious if there are really good reps out there. But I think if they were, people here would know.

But that's why I'm asking.

Can I post a link here to these sites ?

Intresting

Firstly, welcome.  
Secondly, many of the sites you refer to are using gen photos as fish hooks.  I am sure you don't believe everything you see in a photo as real, particularly in a replica site.
Thirdly, why post those sites?  The hard work has already been done.  Why don;'t you save yourself some time and head straight to the TD sites here to get what you want. The road you are wanting to travel has already been trodden to death.
Lastly,  have you gone through the welcome pack that has been meticulously planned for newcomers like you?

• Like 1

BadApple
44 minutes ago, Lalex said:

Hi ,

So I know now that these reps are made in Asia but are they possibly extremely good clones and worth the price as advertised on these sites?

Or are the watches exactly the same as you can buy between 300 and 600 dollars on sites like perfect watches and others?

At your own risk pal. Have you read the New Members section? If you had you wouldn’t be asking such questions. 

AND NO POSTING OF LINKS. AGAIN ALL COVERED IN THE SECTION YOU CLEARLY HAVE NOT READ. 

Lalex

I've been to the new members section of course. 

Just wanted to get a bit deeper in this topic. 

Thommo82

In a nutshell;

The sites selling the watches do not make the watches.

There are dodgy sellers and there are honest sellers.

Years of time and research have gathered a Trusted Dealer list on this site. These are the honest sellers. 

Basically all sellers can get the same watches, with few exceptions. 

Unless you are buying a rep with a lot of gold on it or some very crazy complication (ie, tourbillion) then you shouldn’t be paying more than $600USD at the very top end. 

You can get great reps in the $200-$400USD price range. 

JUST READ THE NEW MEMBERS SECTION THAT HAS BEEN POSTED ABOVE. IT TELLS YOU NO LIES. 

Don’t be a dumbass with your money, or do, it’s up to you. 

Welcome to the forum 

Lalex

All questions answered. 

So 600 dollar are already high end. 

I'm not going to order from any other site as mentioned here. 

Just wanted to know if someone bought watches at this price range or knows someone who did..

Geeeze :baby:

Thommo82
14 minutes ago, Lalex said:

All questions answered. 

I'm not going to order from any other site as mentioned here. 

Just wanted to know if someone bought watches at this price range or knows someone who did..

Geeeze :baby:

You have to realise that what you are asking has been asked a google times before. If you read the new members section like you said you did then you wouldn’t have bothered asking these questions. 

tribefan
11 minutes ago, Lalex said:

Just wanted to get a bit deeper in this topic. 

Well, the good news is, you have found the rabbit hole and you are now on the other side of the lookin glass.

There are countless threads, and you will get countless comments, telling you to read and research, and for good reason. These are complicated mechanical instruments being made in small converted warehouses primarily in Ghangzhou China. There are $100 reps, $500 reps, $1000 reps and $20,000 reps. All priced that way for a reason. It takes time to understand the differences, some of them minute, some of them major. Utilizing the dealer sources here ensures you are paying a reasonable price for what you get and you have some help and advice if things don't go as planned, if you follow processes and take the advice up front of doing your own research and making an informed buying decision.

Members here are tremendously helpful once you've shown you've made the effort to understand how all this works. New folks that ask the most basic of questions, demonstrating that they have obviously not taken the time to do the research, aren't extended the same courtesy.

I get that it can all be kind of overwhelming trying to sift through discussions on ARF vs NOOB v9 vs v3 116660LV with right dwo's and SA or SH or VR3135 and spongebob inserts and yada yada yada, but if you want to know the difference between a $100  or $500 or $2000 replica Rolex you'll need to understand that stuff and it takes some time. That is why the new members section is structured to answer all the basics and get you started on the journey. And as trite as it sounds, it really truly is a marathon, not a sprint.

• Like 3

GingerApple

Don't listen to these haters! Swissnoobwatches are the best watches  money can buy, 1:1 AAA,  Gen like accuracy, lume made from unicorn tears for added luminosity. Hope this helps.

• Like 3

Thommo82

Red heads always give the best advice

GingerApple
4 minutes ago, Thommo82 said:

Red heads always give the best advice

And the best blowies.

Oh, wait.... Forget that.

Thommo82
11 minutes ago, TheGingerFerret said:

And the best blowies.

Oh, wait.... Forget that.

Once again, good advice 

GenTLe
2 hours ago, Lalex said:

Just take care: don't assume that high cost always means robust movements or perfectly done watches.

For instance take the Rolex GMT "CHS" (Correct hand stack) ones: they are the most expensive among the GMTs and are based on a badly modified 2836 which has an history of unreliability. And in the TDs' sites the movements are named in a different way even if they are still basically a modified 2836.

Or take the tourbillon ones: very difficult to find a perfect rep (almost impossible) but, due to the expensive movement inside, they still are over 700$.

On the contrary there are handwind Panerai like the 111 from Noob that are almost perfect, very robust, and they go for 280$.

It is a difficult and steep knowledge curve at the beginning, but we all passed through that.

Just beware to avoid coming here and asking "who does the best whatever-watch" because that will show the lack of self instruction and people like these will be roasted and chewed...

• Like 2

markismyname
2 hours ago, tribefan said:

Well, the good news is, you have found the rabbit hole and you are now on the other side of the lookin glass.

There are countless threads, and you will get countless comments, telling you to read and research, and for good reason. These are complicated mechanical instruments being made in small converted warehouses primarily in Ghangzhou China. There are $100 reps, $500 reps, $1000 reps and $20,000 reps. All priced that way for a reason. It takes time to understand the differences, some of them minute, some of them major. Utilizing the dealer sources here ensures you are paying a reasonable price for what you get and you have some help and advice if things don't go as planned, if you follow processes and take the advice up front of doing your own research and making an informed buying decision.

Members here are tremendously helpful once you've shown you've made the effort to understand how all this works. New folks that ask the most basic of questions, demonstrating that they have obviously not taken the time to do the research, aren't extended the same courtesy.

I get that it can all be kind of overwhelming trying to sift through discussions on ARF vs NOOB v9 vs v3 116660LV with right dwo's and SA or SH or VR3135 and spongebob inserts and yada yada yada, but if you want to know the difference between a $100  or $500 or $2000 replica Rolex you'll need to understand that stuff and it takes some time. That is why the new members section is structured to answer all the basics and get you started on the journey. And as trite as it sounds, it really truly is a marathon, not a sprint.

What are these sponge bob inserts you speak of?

tribefan
14 minutes ago, markismyname said:

What are these sponge bob inserts you speak of?

Do your own research noob!

:D

TBH, I wouldn't know one if it hit me between the eyes, but evidently they are much better than your plain old everyday rep insert. I think it has something to do with the guy who customizes the number paint so it's more platinum like the gens.

• Like 1

SCShrek
35 minutes ago, tribefan said:

Do your own research noob!

:D

TBH, I wouldn't know one if it hit me between the eyes, but evidently they are much better than your plain old everyday rep insert. I think it has something to do with the guy who customizes the number paint so it's more platinum like the gens.

Spongebob is a modder on RWI but one of the things he does is the platinum paint for inserts. I believe he uses real platinum like Rolex. Considered the best way to look gen but expensive. You can definitely see the difference, especially with the older inserts.

There...research done. :)

• Like 1

WatchDog21
5 hours ago, Lalex said:

Hi ,

Speaking from first hand experience :picard: definitely stay away from (Not so )Perfect Watches.  Our TD's are the safest place especially if you are just starting out.

black263

4 hours ago, TheGingerFerret said:

Don't listen to these haters! Gingerknobwatches are the best watches  money can buy, 1:1 AAA,  Gen like accuracy, lume made from unicorn tears for added luminosity. Hope this helps.

Corrected that for you.

Rokerite

Just for clarification, neither Swissnoobwatches nor Gingerknobwatches are trusted dealers :)

GingerApple
9 minutes ago, Rokerite said:

Just for clarification, neither Swissnoobwatches nor Gingerknobwatches are trusted dealers :)

Clarification was needed after the unicorn tears bit? :daffy:

Rokerite
15 minutes ago, TheGingerFerret said:

Clarification was needed after the unicorn tears bit? :daffy:

Well people believe the "brushed as per gen" thing so I thought it best to err on the side of caution :)

Lalex

Well I must admit that I didn't read that part of the must read section kn the beginner board. 

Everything is explained there. Sorry for that. 

I read your comments carefully. Thanks guys

Edited by Lalex
More to say
  • Like 1