BadApple

EBay Croc Straps

BadApple

Was just about to push the button on a $59 Croc strap for my Spitfire from ZicZac when someone mentioned on a thread a store on EBay - very impressive with Straps for £29 I've plumbed for this one - perfect size, pattern and looks quality.....

https://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/vncrocshop?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

s-l1600.jpg

• Like 1

rikracy

I've used this seller before....really good quality for the price!!

Shipping can be slow but definitely worth the wait!!

Nice strap...BTW!

• Like 1

Watch_Fox

I purchased a genuine crocodile strap from a different ebay vendor (there seems to be a lot of them in Vietnam) and have worn it quite a bit since August. My experience has mixed.

Great price.  The croc leather is genuine, looks nice and seems pretty durable.  The padding is thin which is what I wanted, but slightly uneven if you look close. The strap is also very pliable.  This will likely vary with the type of strap purchased.  Stitching is decent.

I got one with a buckle.  the buckle looks very nice, but there were just small dents for the spring bar pin so it was easy to pull it off the strap (luckily I caught the watch.)  I drilled the holes deeper with a carbide bit (not easy) and now it is very secure.  The strap you show will need to be cut out for the tang and it may need to have the spring bar holes drilled/reamed.

Not sure what the inside liner is made of.  I think it is some type of leather, but it has a somewhat plastic feel.  It is comfortable to wear, but I anticipate a sweat issue when the weather warms up.

Check the size.  The strap is a bit shorter than I expected.  I have a 7.25-inch wrist and am using the first hole.  This will also vary from strap to strap.

Shipping took about a month to arrive in the USA.

Overall, I am pretty happy with the strap for the price. I still wear the strap often and it still looks like new.  Only issue I had was the buckle. 

• Like 1

Jibuti

Rob..

Had few from that Vietnam guy... Decent but that is all... Thin, felt like made of paper straps..they cannot hold heavy case properly... Sold/gave them away... All of them.. And I am not snobbish type of people... 

SCShrek

I’ve had several dealings with a vendor called vncrocsell. They seem easy to work with and do not charge extra for making a longer strap. The product is good, not great quality but the fall you will find with any of these Viet sellers is shipping, at least to CONUS. I have strap that left Vietnam on 12/12 still out there somewhere.  

markismyname
1 hour ago, BadApple said:

Was just about to push the button on a $59 Croc strap for my Spitfire from ZicZac when someone mentioned on a thread a store on EBay - very impressive with Straps for £29 I've plumbed for this one - perfect size, pattern and looks quality.....

https://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/vncrocshop?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

s-l1600.jpg

I'm all about both those sites for alligator straps (is ziczak the best for calf skin?) but what I'm missing is HQ Rubber / Silicone Straps. Where do I get those?

Did you receive that strap yet? How does it FEEL?

BadApple
12 minutes ago, markismyname said:

I'm all about both those sites for alligator straps (is ziczak the best for calf skin?) but what I'm missing is HQ Rubber / Silicone Straps. Where do I get those?

Did you receive that strap yet? How does it FEEL?

Only ordered today - I use AliExpress for Rubber ones.

Calf skin / Leather is Nero - a TD on here..... 

https://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?/forum/319-nero-straps-by-johng/

• Like 1

SCShrek
1 minute ago, markismyname said:

Thank you! :)

Nero is top notch! Nice, heavy straps if you don’t care to have it branded with the watchmaker’s name but who cares. 

• Like 2

Theviking

I bought off ziczac before I discovered vncrockshop, who I think are of similar quality but cheaper. They'll will do custom straps too. Like this one they made me in the summer for £29 shipped.

20190816-113425.jpg

Jibuti

there is always reason to get good quality straps.... on my  pam 177 I have Mario Paci from 2002... bought for 250 usd, still can sell it for 120... do not get me wrong, it is about quality, not price, and I am not snob...

and it still smells so good...

RussP
4 hours ago, SCShrek said:

Nero is top notch! Nice, heavy straps if you don’t care to have it branded with the watchmaker’s name but who cares. 

+1.

Forrest for #Mod.

• Like 1

AndyBlue

Used em loads, quality straps, really well made and 2-3 week delivery time60888ed866628c3caa346afc8c92d492.jpgc451b0544496cc960af9311eadd65cb4.jpg850f1a631c1527fd33bbc6110292408e.jpgf99292157c4ed30bdf2770d2ce3c076a.jpg

Sent from my Mi MIX 3 using Tapatalk

SCShrek

Custom made 125/85 real alligator or maybe croc in blue from vncrocsell on the Bay. It took forever but arrived yesterday. The post dat was 12/10/19 :huh:

Again, its good but not great. Unlike the crap you get on most reps, this one is soft and pliable the way  fine leather should feel. It's a bit shinier than I was hoping but the color is spot on.

osPoI.jpg

• Like 1

Glaude
40 minutes ago, SCShrek said:

Custom made 125/85 real alligator or maybe croc in blue from vncrocsell on the Bay.

Most certainly croc, as vietnam has but loads of croc farms while I don't think there's any gator back there

SCShrek
2 minutes ago, Glaude said:

Most certainly croc, as vietnam has but loads of croc farms while I don't think there's any gator back there

I was thinking croc. They do nice work but they need a faster cheap delivery system. Strapping parcels to the back of sea turtles is too old school. ;)

BadApple

UPDATE: 

Comments above about slowwwwwwww delivery.

Mine in UK at Heathrow Distribution - order to UK 8 days. :clap: 

GenTLe

I wonder why if I go to ebay.it, .es etc the shop is empty. I go to the uk one and it's plenty of stuff... And I can buy on there and have it shipped to my home.

BadApple

End result !!!

IMG-0976.jpg

IMG-0978.jpg

IMG-0977.jpg

• Like 1

Abe Fromen

The strap really does make the watch and I've had a few from the Vietnam guy and was always somewhat disappointed. 

I've had a few straps made for me by Orloff in Italy. About $110 US last time I bought but so worth it. Nubuc gator is sublime! 

Bertus15
3 hours ago, BadApple said:

End result !!!

That looks awesome!

SadProfessor

Is it this guy?
0a3f6a6b1291e5f1f0e993a65d20c2fd.jpg

I’ve had them as a saved seller for a while now, but never pulled the trigger. I can’t see anything in their store in the U.K. or USA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BadApple
11 minutes ago, SadProfessor said:

Is it this guy?

I’ve had them as a saved seller for a while now, but never pulled the trigger. I can’t see anything in their store in the U.K. or USA.

Errrrrrrr no. It's vncrocshop

I have posted the link in my OP.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/vncrocshop

SadProfessor
Errrrrrrr no. It's vncrocshop
I have posted the link in my OP.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/vncrocshop

Thank you.

I found some of the others guys listings via google and they seem to have the same stuff. Other guy appears to have some great reviews too.

But this one actually has listings I can see!

Thanks and sorry for missing it.

BadApple
1 minute ago, SadProfessor said:

Thank you.

I found some of the others guys listings via google and they seem to have the same stuff. Other guy appears to have some great reviews too.

But this one actually has listings I can see!

Thanks and sorry for missing it.

It's good stuff - get spending !!!!