lap9387

SEAMASTER 300m WHITE VSF - ANOTHER ISSUE

lap9387

this is the second issue ive had with this within the 3 months of having it and this time, its not looking great.

Ive had the watch on this weekend, took the dog out , crown and stem are completely missing; GONE!

the only explanation is that its came loose and fell out... im sick as a chip and a little bit pissed off...

Ive emailed andrew at Trusty Time to see what he can do about it, but im not holding my breath...

Surely the crown and stem should not be able to pull

oOqEF.jpg

out when its barely used?

Edited by lap9387

Khronos

I had the same thing happen to me on my GF Avenger GMT II, also an A2836 movement. Luckily I've found parts on the floor... I'm sure they'll be able to get you spares. 

lap9387
2 minutes ago, Khronos said:

I had the same thing happen to me on my GF Avenger GMT II, also an A2836 movement. Luckily I've found parts on the floor... I'm sure they'll be able to get you spares. 

Ive got no idea where it could be mate... im gutted.

im hoping they can, but for how much?

apparently they aint covered on warranty

Khronos

No idea, but this should be really cheap, it's only a stem and a crown. I didn't know that we get any kind of warranty, but this is by no means your fault, so the TD should be cooperative,I'm sure they'll find a solution. 

lap9387
3 minutes ago, Khronos said:

No idea, but this should be really cheap, it's only a stem and a crown. I didn't know that we get any kind of warranty, but this is by no means your fault, so the TD should be cooperative,I'm sure they'll find a solution. 

Ive got 2 options.

send it back to china for repair.

they send me a crown and stem.

--

Im going to get them to send me the crown and stem and have it repaired by Rollie.

My only concern is if its the Keyway, then its a need for more parts.

Intresting
10 minutes ago, lap9387 said:

Ive got 2 options.

send it back to china for repair.

they send me a crown and stem.

--

Im going to get them to send me the crown and stem and have it repaired by Rollie.

My only concern is if its the Keyway, then its a need for more parts.

Well, then send it to Rollie first.  Get the damage assessed then you know what parts you need.   It be the 10th or later before the factories open anyway.  And if its cheap parts Rollie might even get it for you? 

Khronos

Maybe you should send it to Rollie first for him to take a look and then tell them what you need. But the parts on the inside the are not difficult to source, it's an A2836 after all. 

GingerApple

Fear not, Rolie will save the day, total lege that he is and knowing him, it won't hurt the pocket too much.

BM284
4 minutes ago, TheGingerFerret said:

Fear not, Rolie will save the day, total lege that he is and knowing him, it won't hurt the pocket too much.

^ this all day long! Rolie is a great member to deal with. Fear not and drop him a pm :thumbsup2:

lap9387
1 hour ago, BM284 said:

^ this all day long! Rolie is a great member to deal with. Fear not and drop him a pm :thumbsup2:

1 hour ago, TheGingerFerret said:

1 hour ago, Khronos said:

Maybe you should send it to Rollie first for him to take a look and then tell them what you need. But the parts on the inside the are not difficult to source, it's an A2836 after all. 

already spoken to him;

the txt went off before I posted on here...

have a plan in place

AlienWorkShop

Because it’s a A2836, won’t he have the parts right in stock?

GenTLe
27 minutes ago, AlienWorkShop said:

Because it’s a A2836, won’t he have the parts right in stock?

The crown is not an A2836 part... That has to be sourced through a TD or similar.