tribefan

Tudor Black Bay Bronze Bucherer - Blue w/ PICS

tribefan

The other review of this watch is excellent and extremely well done, but the pics are gone and no longer hosted and this beauty deserves better! Plus I think there are a few things that I would contest slightly from the original review, perhaps some updates have been made.

I have no idea which factory version this one is. I picked it up on M2M in RWI and it's at least the second sale of it there. The seller had worn it just a few times and I bought it with the two original straps plus a third grey suede nato. Both nato are brand new and have never been used. And I know exactly why, the rep leather straps that come with these are just fantastic. Nice thick reinforced leather at each lugs end with a tapered, yet still generous hole end for fastening through the very nicely crafted bronze buckle. IMO, the strap on this really makes the watch. Because....

The bronze head, dial, crown and bezel are first class all the way. Coin edge bezel in finely serrated, spins freely with a nice loud, firm click, gorgeous blue and bronze insert with a very nicely executed pearl. Crystal placement is spot on, with uniform lip all the way around the inner bezel. 3D dial markers are done perfectly. High beat sweep is smooth, and I spent a minute watching it travel around free of flutter. Screw crown back off easily, pops out knowingly and winding is smooth, lacking any grit. Not quite as smooth as a couple of ETA's I've compared it against, but certainly free of extraneous interference.

Weighs in at 106 grams, which is a little lighter than I would have expected given it's overall size and thickness, but feels great on the wrist. Enough weight to know it's there without it digging in.

52.48 MM lug to lug

13.85MM caseback to top of crystal

42.83MM bezel diameter

47.64MM including crown

4.58MM strap thickness

26x20MM buckle

This was on the list pretty much day one and couldn't be happier I picked this one up. At 5K gen, this is a steal at TD prices. This watch wears like a million bucks.

o63eX.md.jpg
oncgj.md.jpg
o6Dm4.md.jpg
onV41.md.jpg
o6ZPI.md.jpg
o6jSc.md.jpg
o6egt.md.jpg
o6Hti.md.jpg
o6KEb.md.jpg
o62Hp.md.jpg
o6A15.md.jpg
o6L4F.md.jpg
o6Uo2.md.jpg
o6WPE.md.jpg

• Like 1

SCShrek

Dude, Mary has had this order from me after you showed it off in the SB....if she ever comes back and reads her emails. ;)  

Your SB shenanigans have me buying my first Tudor rep. Congrats. :lol: 

• Like 2

Whorologist

Nice! From the pics it almost looks like the grey slate version.

How is the Bronze patina (assuming it is bronze )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NCRich

Cool watch, and its blue.  I prefer the nato but I can see how someone who likes leather straps would like the one on this.

IMG-6168.jpg

Jackal5

Absolutely stunning watch.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk