Flinnt

That’s one small step for man, but a big deal for Flinnt

Flinnt

So I went to Nakano in Tokyo looking for a used moonwatch, and came away with a new one for the budget I had. Still in disbelief. I’ve wanted this watch since I was a child. 
You’ve got to get to Nakano! Watch heaven. Oh and east side of Shinjuku Station where I saw my first real life Paul Newman Daytona for a mere $400K. Hulks and Daytonas in every watch shop here (and every other Rolex, I’m just biased to those two).

F7636115-4461-4232-931-F-3-E9-AA5-C2-E0-

ABABD932-2995-4191-820-B-BCC74-EB397-EB.

7-D28-DAB3-53-C2-488-C-8-E94-1-AE75-D4-A

C0-F042-D2-5-A59-4-F0-C-BA54-DDF718-AE51

• Like 9

BadApple

WOW !!!!

Very lucky chappie ! Looks mint. 

Not That Rich

That is lovely, enjoy

RussP

Excellent......................

Must put Nakano on the bucket list !!

After Vegas :throwingmoney:

BravoDelta

Beautiful. And nice presentation box too:drool:

CollieWobbles

Lovely, lucky you enjoy :thumbsup:

rikracy

Mate...that is the dogs "danglies"!!!!!:D

Flinnt
4 hours ago, BadApple said:

WOW !!!!

Very lucky chappie ! Looks mint. 

It is mint. It’s new. For the same price I budgeted for a used one. About US$3400 which is 1/3rd off the price in Aus - what I expected to pay for used. 

2 hours ago, RussP said:

Excellent......................

Must put Nakano on the bucket list !!

After Vegas :throwingmoney:

May I suggest going before you lose all your money, then use what you save to blow it all in Vegas. 

Nakano should be a must for anyone interested in watches and travelling.

There’s about a dozen watch stores in one mall, all doing both new and used, and multi brands - no one pony boutiques. All at cut-me-own-throat competition with each other, and Japanese honesty too.

I saw more watches, and more dollar value of watches, here in one day than I’ve seen in my whole life living in Aus. Seriously every example of all the high end luxury watches, and all the sought after vintage watches as well. A bit mind blowing for a small town Skippy. Before, I hadn’t seen the gens of most of the reps I see on the forums, now I think you’d have a hard time finding a rep of something I haven’t seen in gen, including vintage.

As to the Japanese honesty, I found a new moonwatch in my budget, was taken to the private viewing room to try it on, was served the best iced tea I’ve ever had, spent over 30 mins being shown and told about the watch which came on a leather strap, and when I said I’ll take it, and by the way do you have a speedy bracelet I may also buy from you? She replied, we most often do but currently don’t- you may be better off checking the other stores for one on a bracelet. And I’ll reserve this one for you until the end of the day in case they don’t. 
I’d seen about 10 stores by this stage and no one matched their price on a new Speedy. The very next store had it on bracelet for about $200 more, and it was mine. I can’t imagine any store at home suggesting to check their competition after I said I’ll take it. 

Japan is also amazing. It’s difficult to be in a more ‘foreign’ place for mainstream westerners and so clean, so safe, beautiful environment, beautiful architecture, amazing history, and people treat you well too, even when you’re a stupid gaijin - if you make the minimal effort to try to be respectful. 

• Like 3

GingerApple
6 minutes ago, Flinnt said:

Japanese honesty too.

6 minutes ago, Flinnt said:

Japan is also amazing. It’s difficult to be in a more ‘foreign’ place for mainstream westerners and so clean, so safe, beautiful environment, beautiful architecture, amazing history, and people treat you well too.

Love Japan!!!! So safe. Safest, cleanest place imaginable. Middle of Tokyo and people will just leave their handbags/smart phones/wallets etc on a table by itself and wander off for ten minutes knowing it will be there when they return.

Amazing pick up btw, congrats!

• Like 1

BravoDelta

Very inspiring endorsement @Flinnt really makes me want to go 

• Like 1

Flinnt
23 minutes ago, TheGingerFerret said:

Love Japan!!!! So safe. Safest, cleanest place imaginable. Middle of Tokyo and people will just leave their handbags/smart phones/wallets etc on a table by itself and wander off for ten minutes knowing it will be there when they return.

Amazing pick up btw, congrats!

The last time I was here, I got drunk at a restaurant and left my little manbag behind with my passport and several thousands of dollars in cash. A few hours later, wandering around the city sobering up I realised and had about 1 second of panic before realising it’s Japan - it will be fine. Went back and they instantly recognised me and said “bag”, and went and got my bag for me with everything untouched. 

BM284

That’s a lovely pickup - congratulations @Flinnt Enjoy wearing in the best of health :) 

Genius

Fucking love a moonwatch! great pickup with that boxset

NCRich

Cool story and better watch.  Congrats man!

BadApple
1 hour ago, Flinnt said:

It is mint. It’s new. For the same price I budgeted for a used one. About US$3400 which is 1/3rd off the price in Aus - what I expected to pay for used. 

Muchos apologeticos - even better then !!!! :D

SCShrek

:daffy:  NICE!!!   Now wheres that passport?

Junior88

Very, very nice. Great story and a great watch too!

Don't mind admitting I'm a little jealous. 

Wear and enjoy it in the best of health, sir. 

Piccolo

Congrats on a great watch, will always mean more and hold more significance and sentimentality to you with the travel/place/story behind it.

Enjoy it lots :D

• Like 1