Sign in to follow this  
tribefan

Aragon Divemaster II LE

tribefan

What must be stated up front, this was $156 delivered. I came across these watches thanks to @cvp3 in one of his black friday need more watchez links. They have an ongoing BOGO special on divers that is worth taking a look as well.

I picked this up on the Super Bowl Sunday sale that is still ongoing. Really liked the bezel / dial color combination and the Chinese dial characters sealed the deal. Arrived today very well packaged and presented. Well done faux leather covered box with mag closure, packaged tightly, everything protectively covered to ensure it's flawless when you first put it on.

Heavy, Really heavy, 234 grams. That's over half a pound of watch mass. NH35 movement, extremely smooth frictionless wind. Nice steady sweep all the way around. Setting the date by winding backwards threw me off for a moment, I thought I was going to be sending it back, but adjusts fine. Bezel clicks well, but it a little stiff to turn. Alignment is dead on, cyclops as well, and date is perfect in the window. Red window border, hmm, not sure about that one yet. Bezel looks like it is anodized and certainly is beefy. 45MM version, can't imagine the monster 50MM. That would be a serious hunk of watch.

Bracelet is a little sharp in a couple of spots, so will take a little work, and getting the pins out was not easy, and I think this is due to the design of the links. The outer links are at an angle to the inner link and that binds the pins. Noticed this when I was putting it back together. But good signed clasp, flip secure thingy and a two button quick release.

45MM bezel

49.5 w/ crown

50MM lug to lug

16.7MM thick

22MM lug strap spacing

I didn't get a pic of the back or the lume yet. Back is open display to a very nondescript SS movement.

If you like big chunky dive watches that feel good, look great for half the price of a Citizen, then this is your kinda watch here. My criticism of it is that it is just a tad too chunky. If they cut a MM off the thickness and made the rehaut less deep, it would do a better job of highlighting this gorgeous dial while still keeping this nice thick anodized bezel and shaving off a few grams of weight. But hey, it ain't my micro brand.

ov0yo.md.jpg
ovxcP.md.jpg
ovFED.md.jpg
ovS3k.md.jpg
ovbwJ.md.jpg
ovVmW.md.jpg
ovcCS.md.jpg
o7ZeL.md.jpg
ovgSQ.md.jpg
o7jrR.md.jpg
o7HHK.md.jpg
o7zE8.md.jpg

• Like 1

FudgyDocker

You think that's chunky, try this one @ 355g! :lol: . Aragon do like to make a chunky, heavy dive watch!!

iQhzp.md.jpg

• Like 1

NCRich

That is a lot of watch!  Love the dial.

tribefan

Lume:

o7wBL.jpg