dsg2013

6263 Daytona on Antiques Roadshow

dsg2013

Check this out fellas, this is a find that we all hope for.

Guys buys a 6263 Newman in 1973 for $300 and has kept it in mint condition down to every single paper, box and outer box even down to the sticker on the caseback.

What does that mean? It means he’s cashing out at between half a million to $700,000. I believe his own reaction says it all!!

Oops posted this in scams by mistake. Can a mod please move this to the lounge? Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stevie

One of the guys on YouTube kind of 'debunks' this appraisal. The provenance seems kind of sketchy. And it even looks to me, by the sticker on the back and accumulated dirt around the clasp, that it's been worn a lot more than once or twice!

FudgyDocker

Yeah, you're a bit late to the party on this one. There've been several discussions on this already, somewhere.

dsg2013
1 minute ago, FudgyDocker said:

Yeah, you're a bit late to the party on this one. There've been several discussions on this already, somewhere.

Did not know that, just came across this and the guy's reaction was the most amusing. 

thejudge

so do we think this is Gen? was $300 a realistic price for this in 1973 (its $1800 in 2020 adjusted for inflation). 

trailboss99

That is nothing even close to New in Box and it has a lot of question marks. 
Probable value circa 140k  

BadPickle
3 hours ago, FudgyDocker said:

who made you the Repwatch police?  does it now mean nobody is allowed to post in this thread? 

@dsg2013 i particularly like the reaction to the first price  :thud:

:lol: 

FudgyDocker
25 minutes ago, pickledbeetroot said:

who made you the Repwatch police?  does it now mean nobody is allowed to post in this thread? 

My sincere humble apologies. I'll make allowances for the part-timers and those who couldn't see the post from 2 weeks ago, next time.

BravoDelta

Paul Thorpe punching some holes in the appraisal :boxing: 

• Like 2

SCShrek

I didnt take the time to pause the video to check out the crown and print on the clasp, but I did wonder how all that crap got in the clasp is it had been sitting in a safe deposit box. At first I thought, even if this guy had worn it for 30 years every day, why wouldnt you clean that shit up before showing it off on TV SMDH...

dsg2013
21 hours ago, SCShrek said:

why wouldnt you clean that shit up before showing it off

I don't think he's even bothered to clean himself up for the TV let alone the watch...

BadPickle
14 minutes ago, dsg2013 said:

I don't think he's even bothered to clean himself up for the TV let alone the watch...

:lmao:

Cigarlvr313

Great vid BD thanks for sharing it.....I wonder if anyone knows if the watch was sold and for how much?

deju
On 12/02/2020 at 17:59, pickledbeetroot said:

@dsg2013 i particularly like the reaction to the first price  :thud:

:lol: 

@Glaude has put me in charge of the Secret Rep Police... unfortunately you weren’t allowed to post here so you’ll need to hand yourself in for interrogation.