SCShrek

NASA...by Xeric

SCShrek

I jumped on these when they were on kickstarter and  I thought they were unique. That was almost 6 freaking months ago!!! They arrived today from HK hopefully virus free. The brown strap is an automatic with who knows what movement (probably a Miyota since is says it's Japanese?) and the gray strap is a quartz. Both are Sapphire domed with Horween straps. I dont know much about the Horween brand except its supposed to be good stuff. Anyway, the pics:

qs82b.jpg   qs1Wc.jpg

These shots are for our lume fiend, @Junior88 :D 
qsQjF.jpg      qsnFi.jpg

qsr6p.jpg      qstv5.jpg
qspk2.jpg     qslOt.jpg

qsCJE.jpg     qs9lX.jpg

• Like 5

Junior88

Nice! And rather different, you don't see stuff like this all the time. Thanks for sharing, greenie! And thanks for the lume shot!

NCRich

Those are cool.  I'm a big NASA guy so I like nearly anything associated with it.  Really nice dials.

SCShrek

14 minutes ago, NCRich said:

Those are cool.  I'm a big NASA guy so I like nearly anything associated with it.  Really nice dials.

They arent bad for the price I paid on the kickstarter. They are about 30% more on their site now.

GingerApple

Different!

FunnyStarSystem

Good stuff, star dials and case back are real nice, but a big NO on that rotor - looks like something from a Native American themed Vegas gift shop.

Overall, I like 'em, just see if he'll send you another solid case back.

SCShrek
4 minutes ago, funnystarsystem said:

Good stuff, star dials and case back are real nice, but a big NO on that rotor - looks like something from a Native American themed Vegas gift shop.

Overall, I like 'em, just see if he'll send you another solid case back.

To each his own...I like the rotor :)  I wished the window on the back was larger to show off all that Japanese precision...  :lol:

BravoDelta

Unique indeed! And that silver one  :thumbsup2: They look very substantial...maybe a wrist shot too :rolleyes:

SCShrek
17 minutes ago, BravoDelta said:

Unique indeed! And that silver one  :thumbsup2: They look very substantial...maybe a wrist shot too :rolleyes:

Nicely sized for an 8" to 8.5" wrist... Bad is actually plenty long....meaning I'm not on the last hole. Tiny ass crown though...

qvPRs.jpg
qvXhY.jpg

BravoDelta
8 minutes ago, SCShrek said:

Nicely sized for an 8" to 8.5" wrist

Standing tall too. Looks good. :thumbsup:

brang1

Lot of thought put into these, look brilliant. And still not as pricey as Seven Friday who probably have the same movement

GulfGT40

Really like it and I'm another that's a fan of space themed watches. Thanks for sharing.

*Edit* just had a look at the site, the green "Cosmic Nebula" just hit the top of my too buy list

Edited by GulfGT40

Howitzer

They're quite cool actually, I like the lume. 

Factoid: Horween is actually a US tannery: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horween_Leather_Company and it is indeed quality stuff.  Nomos straps are Horween Shell Cordovan and get really good reviews for quality and longevity. 

Jibuti

My God, It’s Full of Stars!  What You See When Your Eyes are Closed – Phosphenes

Jibuti
15 hours ago, TheGingerFerret said:

Different!

less than you, must admit!