mmpu

Hello im new here and new in collwcting watches.

mmpu

I have a question for for watch gang here

How long does it take in your opinion untill Omega seamaster 300 ( No time to die) gets replicated? Thank you

ShovelnTC

No way to tell if it will even be repped.

Reps can take more than a year to be repped but sometimes they appear even before the general release of the Gen so it's anyone guess.

BravoDelta

But it can't be too soon for me :pcsam:

GenTLe

Well... The case is the same as the other 300s, but done in Titanium. So the CNC program is already there, and at most should be tuned as the Ti isn't "easy" as 316L steel to work on. But the end result is the same.

Then they have to re-do the sapphire because this one is curvy and not angled.

The dial is there but they need to rethink the colors used and recreate a new mask for the tampon printing of the writings.

The movement is basically the same one of the current ceramic Seamaster 300, they only need to reprint the rotor with 8806 instead of 8800 (the 8806 should simply be the no-date version of the 8800).

Finally the caseback, which need to be replaced with a closed and engraved one and the bracelet, which also is in titanium so they need to find a way to create it.

I'd say few months, if the situation in China will heal from the COVID-19...

BadPickle
3 hours ago, mmpu said:

I have a question for for watch gang here

How long does it take in your opinion untill Omega seamaster 300 ( No time to die) gets replicated? Thank you

Depends what the factories think will sell, the 007 stuff is always a good line because well, who doesn’t want to be James Bond,  but maybe the obscure stuff won’t sell, but you never know. 
You could email a couple of dealers and ask what they think. 

goid luck 

mmpu
3 hours ago, ShovelnTC said:

Reps can take more than a year to be repped but sometimes they appear even before the general release of the Gen so it's anyone guess.

But in your opinion will it be repped?

3 hours ago, ShovelnTC said:

I really hope this one will get out soon

46 minutes ago, pickledbeetroot said:

Depends what the factories think will sell, the 007 stuff is always a good line because well, who doesn’t want to be James Bond,  but maybe the obscure stuff won’t sell, but you never know. 
You could email a couple of dealers and ask what they think. 

goid luck 

Do you maybe have email adresses i want to adress a question too?

1 hour ago, GenTLe said:

Well... The case is the same as the other 300s, but done in Titanium. So the CNC program is already there, and at most should be tuned as the Ti isn't "easy" as 316L steel to work on. But the end result is the same.

Then they have to re-do the sapphire because this one is curvy and not angled.

The dial is there but they need to rethink the colors used and recreate a new mask for the tampon printing of the writings.

The movement is basically the same one of the current ceramic Seamaster 300, they only need to reprint the rotor with 8806 instead of 8800 (the 8806 should simply be the no-date version of the 8800).

Finally the caseback, which need to be replaced with a closed and engraved one and the bracelet, which also is in titanium so they need to find a way to create it.

I'd say few months, if the situation in China will heal from the COVID-19...

Few months is good , just hope it gets repped .

GenTLe
15 minutes ago, mmpu said:

Few months is good , just hope it gets repped .

Just don't jump on it as soon as it gets out. Let's the expert to check if it is good or not. Like for the cars, it's nearly always good to wait a bit before to purchase.