NCRich

Seiko NH35 swap in a JK Factory DRSD or Sub - Updated Tutorial to include the 1680 case

NCRich
13 minutes ago, J!m said:

Very nice Rich, as usual!

ive noticed some of the older Seiko movements (non wind/hack) have silver date wheels with open 6 and 9.  The font looks great as you may have noticed...

Any thoughts to expand this further?

Well those won't fit a Rolex date window. The Seiko window is "almost" the same as the eta window. 

J!m

Huh. I hadn’t measured it but it seemed more “rectangular” to Eta’s “square” shape. 

I just hate dealing with overlays, and go with the Rolex clone movements. No 15xx version as far as I know but the 31xx version is pretty good now for ~$200.  Gens hover around $3k minimum. A little tlc and they purr. 

anj4de

Great tutorial again...can't stop reading them. My shopping list increases...

cheers

rm65453

@NCRichWould you say this tutorial is noob friendly? Looking for a place to start customizing and having more fun with watches. 

NCRich
2 hours ago, rm65453 said:

@NCRichWould you say this tutorial is noob friendly? Looking for a place to start customizing and having more fun with watches. 

Yes, I would start with a just trying to modify a JK sub with the 2813 movement.  There is a lot that you can do to improve that before you start tackling the movement.  You can get these JK ones from Marvellous Replica for $100 so no great loss if you kill it.  If you kill it then you can try to swap the movement :lol:

I'd buy a 5513 and a DRSD to spread out the shipping cost.

rm65453

Sounds good. Ordering these now. Would reach out to for you help once these arrive.

Any links for a good repair kit?

Thanks again.

NCRich
12 minutes ago, rm65453 said:

Sounds good. Ordering these now. Would reach out to for you help once these arrive.

Any links for a good repair kit?

Thanks again.

Really tough question.  Having this conversation with @herdpm right now.  He is looking at this, which at $150 is a lot more than those cheapo Amazon ones.  But I bet the screwdrivers and tweezers are usable, which the cheapo ones are not.  Its got all the basic stuff.

https://www.esslinger.com/the-integral-watch-tool-kit/

There is a thread by @GenTLe

Truth be told no kit has all the stuff you will need.  I am trying to recreate my tool box at my new house and I bought an inexpensive kit on Amazon for the easy stuff and then I bought movement holders, hand set tools and levers, a movement cushion, sticky balls, rodico, oilers, etc.  You still will not have something when you need it.

WagonWillie

Very informative and well done!  Thanks.