Steve53

New custom made strap for IWC Annual Calendar

Steve53

I bought this IWC annual calendar and am very happy with the watch. However, the strap was too short for my 8"  (200mm) wrist.

ILaTv.jpg

ILib1.jpg

I punched a new hole so I could wear the watch, but it  felt flimsy and not safe this way.

So a new strap was ordered from Bond Tailored Straps. Easy to find as he is a trusted dealer on this forum. The original strap was "alligator something", but I simply wanted a plain dark brown strap. Me being not at all concerned about originality.

The new strap arrived in a very nice box.

ILWqK.jpg

ILUD8.jpg

ILoUj.jpg

ILqB4.jpg

Excellent quality stitching.

ILIRI.jpg

The width of the strap fit the watch lugs perfectly.

ILYKc.jpg

The strap fit equally well in the buckle. This felt a lot better, more secure.

ILy9X.jpg

From the payment was made until the strap arrived, took three months. Was it worth the US $ 165 ?

• Like 1

GingerApple

It looks very nice and it's certainly a quality strap so sure! It's only money....

I'm more freaked out by your wrist shape though. The watch head, in your very first pic, makes the watch look close to being too big for you almost; the lugs are getting close to overhanging your wrist like 47mm Pams do on my 6 point nothing  wrist. You must have a very deep wrist to hit 8 inches!

Anyway, nice pick up.

FunnyStarSystem
39 minutes ago, TheGingerFerret said:

You must have a very deep wrist to hit 8 inches!

This sounds like something you'd overhear in a 1970's men's bathhouse .

Anywho, I have the same Yeti wrist situation and am always happy to hear about custom options, I'm going to check this out - looks very nice. I have ordered several from a guy in Italy (Mario) who will basically stitch anything together for you at a reasonable price: http://orloff-straps.blogspot.com/

wowsasb

That strap is not what I would expect for the watch but it looks good!