Intresting

Cocktail Watches and Booze. Seiko Presage Cocktail time SSA343J1

Intresting

The rep delivery has trickled to a stop due to the twin forces of virus and festival.   So, if you can't get a rep, go get a gen I say.  Under the insidious influence of fellow Aussies @brang1 and @RussP my mind (and wallet) wandered over to the world of Seiko.

The Cocktail Time was launched in 2010 as a Japanese Domestic Model (JDM) series.   Their sunburst dials was inspired by world reknowned mixologist Shinobu Ishigaki of the Bar Ishinohana fame in Shibuya Tokyo.  The dials mirrored the colourful crafted cocktails.

SSA343J1 was named after Skydiver Cocktail.  It was relaunched in 2016/17 for the rest of the world under Seikos Presage label.

It has a Caliber 4R57 movement with power reserve complications.  The 4R movements were designed more for function and robustness than haute horlogerie.   Nevertheless, it sports a glass back to display the workmanlike well put together heartbeat 21600 VPH , 29 jewels and 41 power reserve.  It shares some underpinnings with the Grand Seiko, having Magic Levers, SPRON mainsprings and Diashock protection (Japanese Incarbloc).  

The hands are nicely bevelled, the blued steel seconds with radioused tips hints at an older world quality.  Hardlex box crystal is reminiscent of Omegas Haselite.

The strap is , well, crappy.   Nice deployant buckle though.  Enough words already.  

I8zxt.jpg

I8KQE.jpg

I8hfn.jpg

I8A23.jpg

I8euY.jpg

I8UjD.jpg

I8ado.jpg

I8ixJ.jpg

I8oWP.jpg

I8qlW.jpg

• Like 4

RussP

Welcome to the wonderful world of Seiko.

There's no turning back now :D

brang1

The quality of these Presages at the price, nice if they introduced a spingdrive model like they have with the Prospex range. A spring drive under 2k would be nice

Great post old mate, enjoy this one

Intresting

Indeed.  I am very impressed by the feel of the watch.   Love the dials.   I hope they will trickle down the spring drive technology to the Presages too.  Meanwhile, maybe good to have a lookout for used grand seikos :)

3 hours ago, RussP said:

Welcome to the wonderful world of Seiko.

There's no turning back now :D

thanks to your never ending seiko photos no less :)

RussP

*** incorrect thread ***

zulu44gmt

Where's the booze?

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

strictlyroots

nice!

GingerApple

Lovely dial on these! I remember being impressed with one that was on M2M several months ago. Nice pick-up :thumbsup2:

NCRich

Very nice watch.  I've been looking at the ice blue dial.

Jasonbaylee

Worthy procurement!
Stunning dial !

BravoDelta
6 hours ago, Intresting said:

The rep delivery has trickled to a stop due to the twin forces of virus and festival.   So, if you can't get a rep, go get a gen I say.  Under the insidious influence of fellow Aussies @brang1 and @RussP my mind (and wallet) wandered over to the world of Seiko.

I like the way you think. ⇧⇧⇧ I'm sold on Seiko. Their automatic watches are impressive.   I just purchased a SARB017 and the quality seems incredible for the money (sub $400 for it). Ditch the cheapie strap and viola,  a great looking relatively inexpensive gen watch. I love it. Your Presage looks awesome! And that dial...:thumbsup:

Intresting
37 minutes ago, BravoDelta said:

I like the way you think. ⇧⇧⇧ I'm sold on Seiko. Their automatic watches are impressive.   I just purchased a SARB017 and the quality seems incredible for the money (sub $400 for it). Ditch the cheapie strap and viola,  a great looking relatively inexpensive gen watch. I love it. Your Presage looks awesome! And that dial...:thumbsup:

:)  Thanks mate.  Yep.  Punch way beyond their price point. 

1 hour ago, NCRich said:

Very nice watch.  I've been looking at the ice blue dial.

can't hold a candle to your snow flake Rich.  :D

tribefan

Nice review, thanks, like you I've been eyeing up gens in lieu of reps and this one I've been shopping for, so really appreciate the review.

And they have introduced a spring drive on a Presage, $4600 if you can find one. Boutique sales only.

brang1
6 minutes ago, tribefan said:

Nice review, thanks, like you I've been eyeing up gens in lieu of reps and this one I've been shopping for, so really appreciate the review.

And they have introduced a spring drive on a Presage, $4600 if you can find one. Boutique sales only.

there you go, already in the making

WatchDog21

I love what they have done with the dial on these; such an eye catcher!  Excellent acquisition for your collection! 

FunnyStarSystem

The dial reminds me of a 43mm Hamilton Jazz-master I once had, really fine details.

Cheers for the post!