Dohtamoon

Wanting a 1:1 AP Royal Oak offshore

Dohtamoon

Forum members 

hoping you can help - can anyone recommend a good 1:1 AP dealer please? Ideally looking for a Swiss rep (if they exist) have tried the Asia ones and don’t last ? Any recommendations or advice would be appreciated. 

thanks 

Realism

Oh boy... Swiss reps...

Intresting
15 minutes ago, Dohtamoon said:

Forum members 

hoping you can help - can anyone recommend a good 1:1 AP dealer please? Ideally looking for a Swiss rep (if they exist) have tried the Asia ones and don’t last ? Any recommendations or advice would be appreciated. 

thanks 

please and thank you.

• Like 1

brang1
14 minutes ago, Dohtamoon said:

Forum members 

thanks 

Dude, its your first post... have a look around and read some of the posts directed at Newbies regarding these questions, or you could be in for a severe assault. All the trusted dealers are here for you to check out, no one is going to do the work for you, its part of the fun to have a look around

Thommo82

I’m just here for the forthcoming annihilation.

Prepare thyself

BadApple

I know of a AAAAAAAAA(A)+ 1:1 with solid gold Swiss Rep 

I'll tell you all about it after you've read The New Members Section 

GenTLe

"Swiss reps" don't exist. Those advertised like that are Chinese ones with  huge overprice. And "1:1" may be true just for those watches that have eta based movements. On in-house movement watches like APs, Patek, V&C etc, you can have good ones but the movement will always be different.

Also, there are different "levels" of Asian ones. There are 70$ ones and 500$ ones and, even if it's not always the case, in general more expensive ones are better made.

Currently the best AP Offshore (both time/date and chronograph ones) are made by JF (J Factory). This one: https://www.theonewatches.ru/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=8210  or this one:  https://www.theonewatches.ru/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=8146 (1st with bracelet, second with rubber strap, the rest is the same).

Any dealer in our list can have it: they are dealer, they all sell the watches coming from this factory.

I strongly suggest you to give a good read here: 

• Like 1

BravoDelta

:popcorn:

CurioLeo

@GenTLe  Man...…. you took all the fun out of it by giving perfectly valid, reasonable advice.  Here I was thinking of selling him my unmodded but otherwise perfect OTT Swiss made, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA+++++++++++ ROO with 2 micron gold plating for $1850

OK, joking aside since you are a newbie and I am feeling generous, I won't try to sell you a watch that doesn't exist. Instead, I will just tell you IT DOESN'T FUCKING EXIST !!!!!!!!!!

If you want 1:1 perfect replica, pony up $30K and you will get the perfect AP made by AP. A $688 replica (roughly the price of the most expensive new option) isn't going to cut it at 2-3% of the price of the original.  However, there ARE watches that will be close enough to convince all members of the human race (on the rare chance they even notice what is on your wrist because, let's face it, anything other than Rolex or Omega and they probably haven't even heard of it) but the most OCD replica collectors.  This includes almost all genuine owners, most  of whom would have no idea about the miniscule details of their watch.  However, replica collectors are obsessed with getting as close to the real deal as possible since that is the whole point of collecting replica watches and ,as such, will pick on the most irrelevant little difference as a perfectly valid reason to not buy a watch that is otherwise a perfectly acceptable representation of the real deal.  

Having said all that, there is no AP replica that is without an instant giveaway if you know what you are looking for - the closest is the ROO diver (latest version is the JF v9.5 for 15703, don't bother with the numerous sapphire caseback options like the 15710 if you want to get as close to gen as possible).

Now, if we are going to talk about replicas in general , you need to start with a model that will take genuine parts (research), get super lucky in acquiring the correct genuine parts for a reasonable price (more research), find a watchsmith who will work on replica watches (yet more research again), learn to be patient, accept that things won't go as expected because you are either dealing a clown who will inadvertently damage the watch despite their claims to expertise or you are starting with a low quality base product made as cheaply as possible to look like a much more expensive product (yes, that's what a replica watch is), be prepared to spend way more money on an item than is rational with an extremely limited resale target audience (other rep collectors with deep pockets) and maybe, just maybe, you will enjoy the challenge of collecting near perfect replicas.  Otherwise, buy what you like for shits and giggles without an emphasis on 1:1 perfect replicas OR get the fuck out now (before you travel too far down the rabbit hole) and use your money more wisely.

• Like 2

BadApple

Thorough!!!

CurioLeo

I did say I felt like being generous :D

CurioLeo
1 minute ago, BadApple said:

Thorough!!!

BadApple
55 minutes ago, CurioLeo said:

I did say I felt like being generous :D

:thumbsup:

I felt we were being led into a series of links to spurious watch selling sites. 

Intresting

OP has disappeared

BravoDelta
3 hours ago, Intresting said:

OP has disappeared

After @CurioLeo's comment.  :baghead:

Dohtamoon

SoRry guys went down a rabbit hole - came out on the “yellow brick road”. 

you guys are harsh - I was browsing the site and stupidly thought that I would ask the question of the more seasoned collectors on here. Thanks to curioleo for being generous  comments and not calling me a fucking dickhead as others have :Applause:
this is what I was looking for as I have been searching I have been offered all and sundry - so was looking to validate. most recently supposedly offered a Swiss 1:1 ap Royal Oak for £1500 - I am slo not an idiot just tying to avoid being scammed. The watch I am looking for is to along with the original Ap I havE. After a recent scare while travelling I am being cautious about taking my original watches - but also didn’t want people assuming I was wearing a replica so therefore all my watches were replicas - which they aren’t. 

so to ensuRe I get ridiculed some morE is there a dealer someone would RECOMMEND  who can supply a good quality ap 

https://www.oandr.co.uk/audemars-piguet-gentlemens-royal-oak-offshore-44mm-black-ceramic-automatic-chronograph-ceramic-bezel-anthracite-dial-strap-watch-p1692

that’s the  model I am after! 

Also forgot to thank gentle for his advice also and to the others who gave me a kicking! 

BadApple

Have you tread the New Members Section??

If you had you would not have asked what is basically the same question AGAIN

The NMS advises you how to locate a watch of your choice. Not much evidence that points towards the plethora of information in the section being absorbed. 

We have a network of trusted dealers that will assist you - as such these dealers being TRUSTED are who we recommend. 

Find one, contact one and ask them. Send them a link,send them a picture let them tell you yes or no. 

You would know that though having read THE NEW MEMBERS SECTION  and in particular "WHERE CAN I FIND (INSERT WATCH NAME)"

BadApple

37ff4bd14e9fa58b4dfc7eca5771d192.png

BravoDelta
19 minutes ago, BadApple said:

Find one, contact one and ask them. Send them a link,send them a picture let them tell you yes or no. 

Do this ⇧⇧⇧ :thumbsup:

FudgyDocker
53 minutes ago, Dohtamoon said:

I am slo not an idiot.

We are yet to see evidence of this! (or a picture of the 'original' AP that you purport to possess) 

Please take everyone's advice and read through ALL of the sticky articles in the new members' section. Then, after a while and hours of research, you can be 'old members' like the rest of us! :lol:

If only you had 3 more posts, you might be able to see the JF v9.5 AP ROO that's just gone up for sale in the M2M section.......

Sifu Whitey

:Applause:

GingerApple
54 minutes ago, Dohtamoon said:

I am slo not an idiot

FYI, 'slow' has a 'w' on the end.

Good for you for accepting your deficiencies though! :clap:

GingerApple

My double-fisting twins say hi by the way :)

IM0cP.jpg

Dohtamoon

You guys are helpful and comedians  at the same time - some really should consider a career change ! 

Dohtamoon
36 minutes ago, FudgyDocker said:

We are yet to see evidence of this! (or a picture of the 'original' AP that you purport to possess) 

Not here to prove anything your call if you want to believe or not believe - no real issue for me! 

but yEs I will take the wonderful advice sorry for asking which of the  excellent members here already purchased a AP and had a great result.