GenTLe

Now this would be a nice rep!!

GenTLe

Breitling just introduced a reissue of the 1953 pilot chrono...

001_avi-ref.-765-1953-re-edition.jpg

The original vintage one was based on Venus 178, new one with B09 movement, that keeps the same dial spacing as the old one. And guess what? The Seagull ST19 has the same configuration and spacing.

The needed modifications would just be: frozen the 24h hand at 6 (like on the Speedmaster) and, eventually, change the gears of the minute counter to match the 15min counter (originally it comes with a 30min counter), something that can be done by our rep makers, if they want to.

41x11mm case, plexy "crystal", 22mm strap size with buckle, bidirectional bezel in polished steel engraved with numbers.

I'd love one of these, even tho I'd then have to do something on my Dan Henry, which is based on a very similar watch (or I'll simply keep both...):

dan-henry-blueprints-575.jpg

• Like 1

Glaude

I like that a lot ! At the exception of one minor detail that bother me a bit, the lume plot in the @3 subdial

Marv1nn

Seconded- I would definitely buy one of these. I love the trend of the big houses doing reproductions of classics.

ssouthall6

Never thought I would like a Breitling til now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CurioLeo

count me in - who do we lobby to start a crowdbuy ??? :D

Sifu Whitey

Yes.  I'm typically not a chrono fan because I prefer a more simplistic, cleaner looking dial, which most chronos don't do well.  This does though, as does the OP's Dan Henry.  I would definitely wear this and just my 2 cents, but the lumed sub dial doesn't really bother me since it is the seconds dial.  Although they could probably have toned it down to smaller dots to avoid an overly glaring lume on such a small sub dial.  I'd love to see a lume shot of this though.

GenTLe
5 hours ago, Sifu Whitey said:

the lumed sub dial doesn't really bother me since it is the seconds dial.  

Actually that's the 15min counter of the chrono, the second dial is the one at 9 :)

Sifu Whitey
8 hours ago, GenTLe said:

Actually that's the 15min counter of the chrono, the second dial is the one at 9 :)

Duh.  My bad.