Sign in to follow this  
trailboss99

Want a B&R on your iphone?

trailboss99

How about this for a iphone screen saver?

13.jpg

Available from itunes store.

Col.

greg_r

About to buy an iPhone (just waiting for the new model to arrive sometime in the next few weeks), but much as I like my BR01, I can't really see the point of that.... Oh well.

sconehead

iPhone schmyphone...get a 5800...

greg_r

No thanks.

sconehead

No thanks.

Actually, I don't blame you. The touch screen isn't as smooth as the iPhone's and it looks like a cheap plastic brick. Function wise there's not much that beats the Nokia v price though...

greg_r

A pal works for Nokia - he's pretty senior. In all fairness, I can't tell you what he says, but I'll definitely be buying an iPhone, not a Nokia.... :Chicken:

I've been using WM for years. When the iPhone first came out, I immediately went out and bought an O2 XDA Orbit (HTC) because it left the v1 iPhone for dead features-wise. All that has changed - the iPhone has moved forward and the rest of the market hasn't. Much as the Apple haters wish it weren't so, the iPhone is currently the best-designed smartphone on the market and everybody else is playing catch-up. I'm waiting for the next gen (due any time now) before I jump, but the decision is made. Second choice would be a Blackberry - Nokia doesn't even make third place.

KinCaidk

Greg>> I have to disagree...

The HTC touch Pro is better than the iphone. not as intuiative though. (I own the Pro)

But I have to admit that I am looking forward to see the next generation of Iphones.

trailboss99

The iphone would be a whole lot beter if only it had a decent camera. Something along the lines of the N95 one and it would be perfect. It's abput the only thing it lacks.

Col.

KinCaidk
The iphone would be a whole lot beter if only it had a decent camera. Something along the lines of the N95 one and it would be perfect. It's abput the only thing it lacks.

Col.

IMO it also needs a qwerty keyboard that shoots out the side.

In Denmark we text each other a lot, and that takes a looooong time on the Iphone.

greg_r

Col.

Doesn't bother me as I'd rarely use it, but who knows what the next version will have?

Col.

IMO it also needs a qwerty keyboard that shoots out the side.

In Denmark we text each other a lot, and that takes a looooong time on the Iphone.

I've used the keyboard on the iPod touch and have gotten pretty quick on it. Takes practice though.

oscarmadfish

i phone will be my next phone

trailboss99

Trying to decide here between the iphone and the N95. I do use the camera a fair bit so it's important to me. The quality of the cam in the N95 is outstanding in both still and video mode. If it had a opticial zoom there would be no contest. The other thing that worries me is how robust the iphone is. The N95s have proven surprisingly tough.

Col.

greg_r

There's a new iPhone due out any time now - rumour has it that the camera will be much improved. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

In terms of robustness there's nothing in it as far as I can tell - the iPhone3g has proven to be extremely durable in a variety of published tests and returns/repair rates are very low, according to people I know in the business. I'll admit this is something that is a high priority for me too, as I use my smartphones very heavily and they tend to take a beating.

KinCaidk
Trying to decide here between the iphone and the N95. I do use the camera a fair bit so it's important to me. The quality of the cam in the N95 is outstanding in both still and video mode. If it had a opticial zoom there would be no contest. The other thing that worries me is how robust the iphone is. The N95s have proven surprisingly tough.

Col.

I have owned the N95, and it is highly recomendable.

I would even sell it to you :jingoism:

You just need to find a new casing for it, then its as good as new.

trailboss99

Let me guess, the back fell off? This appears to be their one weak point.

If the cam is much improved I'll wait and see what Apple present as I'd rather have a full smart phone but the cam on the N95 is hard to beat. The video is as good as a SD digital camcorder as is the sound quality.

Col.