Intresting

When you miss the Alps and go on to hit the Moon

Intresting

After getting the Seiko Cocktail Time ice blue dial, I was researching on the green faced Alpinist with its compass complications.   Somehow, I overshot and the eyes wandered somewhat higher than I intended.

The post office delivered today.

IgKCX.jpgI

An extremely well packed

IghSi.jpg

ominous looking black box

IgALb.jpg

with a shiny crest

IgLrp.jpg

an item that  claims to be qualified to go to the moon

Iga42.jpg

IgicE.jpg

I'll try get better photos this weekend after I re-size the bracelet.  
I think I will head back to reps.  This is whole gen thing to scratch an itch is getting out of hand.  Hope the TDs deliver soon.

• Like 3

RussP

Allow me to be the first to congratulate you on your latest acquisition... :Applause:

Realism

Grats... a BNIB Speedy Pro!

From a local AD or...?

ShovelnTC

So not following your avatar interests statement then?

Congrats!

Intresting
20 minutes ago, RussP said:

Allow me to be the first to congratulate you on your latest acquisition... :Applause:

:bow:

Intresting
20 minutes ago, Realism said:

Grats... a BNIB Speedy Pro!

From a local AD or...?

The ADs in Brissie are.. erm a little precious.  I just happened to be in the city (which I rarely, ever go as the parking charges are shocking).  The sales consultant was less than impressed with a sweaty tee shirt, shorts and thongs (flip flops for the rest of you non-Aussies) when I asked to see the 57 and the Moon Watch.  I was told that they "do not offer discounts" at the boutique.  :)   I politely told him that I didn't ask for the price, just to look at it.  :facepalm:
Anyways, found a friend of a friend who had recently bought a moon watch and had buyers remorse.   So I helped out... and here it is.  

11 minutes ago, ShovelnTC said:

So not following your avatar interests statement then?

Congrats!

I am fortunate that i got it at a significantly off Retail.   But you are right.  This bug is worse than the virus.   Kills you slowly....  but thanks

• Like 1

Jibuti

fucker!

I envy you. and congratulations, of course.

BadApple

You tease us - stop it.

BlackjackWQ
27 minutes ago, Intresting said:

The ADs in Brissie are.. erm a little precious.  I just happened to be in the city (which I rarely, ever go as the parking charges are shocking).  The sales consultant was less than impressed with a sweaty tee shirt, shorts and thongs (flip flops for the rest of you non-Aussies) when I asked to see the 57 and the Moon Watch.  I was told that they "do not offer discounts" at the boutique.  :)   I politely told him that I didn't ask for the price, just to look at it.  :facepalm:
Anyways, found a friend of a friend who had recently bought a moon watch and had buyers remorse.   So I helped out... and here it is.  

That counts as formal wear in Brisbane?

I've had no issue with the Omega boutique in the city wearing shitty clothes (although I was in proper shoes not thongs lol) and the sales reps Ive spoken to were great.

tonyh7

Great choice of watch. I've got a semi significant birthday coming up, and I'm thinking of maybe a used speedy. The current glitch in the rep game is driving me nuts though. I was ok before it happened, having decided to hold off for a gen on my birthday. But now you can't get a rep shipped I desperately want to order one!

• Like 1

Mrluwin

Great watch mate, looking forward to seeing more pics I’ve thought about pulling the trigger on one of these a few times

• Like 1

Realism
I've had no issue with the Omega boutique in the city wearing shitty clothes (although I was in proper shoes not thongs lol) and the sales reps Ive spoken to were great.

Op probably just had bad luck meeting a couple of bad SAs...

You would have thought they know better to never judge a book by its cover...

On the no discounting... Boutiques do have that policy... ADs will discount readily. This is why Omega boutiques are doing poorly
  • Like 1

Intresting
1 hour ago, BadApple said:

You tease us - stop it.

I am mindful of the quality photos you post when you get your watch mate.  They are really nicely done so I am just trying to keep to the standards.  But here is a sneak peek for you.  The bracelet is sized wrong. I have fat wrists.  So more photos when that is done.

IgdHv.jpg

• Like 2

Flinnt

No remorse on my new one. Loving it. 
Congrats, enjoy. 
I’ve been testing it out. Not quite the moon, but skiing at -17C. Soooo good to be out of the Aussie heat. 
4C204194-F7EA-4943-BFC5-A5EA3C956DBD.jpg

• Like 2

Intresting
1 hour ago, Jibuti said:

fucker!

I envy you. and congratulations, of course.

:rofl:  :bow:  thanks mate

Intresting
1 hour ago, BlackjackWQ said:

just bad luck for me I guess.  Or maybe I forgot my deodorant   Who knows.   I had no intention of looking.  I just happened to walk past, and i remembered that none of the Moon watch reps had fully working sub-dials and correct thickness. So I thought, what the heck lets have a look.  Besides, it was warm as, and I could do with the air conditioning :rofl:

Flinnt

I hit the Sydney boutiques a couple of months ago in shorts and a T-shirt. Omega were very good, straight onto me, pulling watches out of cabinets left, right and centre and putting them on my wrist, telling me all about them. 
Rolex did unlock the door to let me in but steered clear and never said a word to me. They were straight onto the suits who followed me in and then had to deal with all the complaints from the suits that they couldn’t buy a SS sub. 

Maybe try wearing your good dress thongs next time. Every Queenslander has them don’t they?

Intresting
27 minutes ago, Flinnt said:

Maybe try wearing your good dress thongs next time. Every Queenslander has them don’t they?

Absolutely.  We buy them new, abuse them, them donate them to Sydney for them to wear so they can know what it feels like to be sexy.  :rofl:

• Like 2

BravoDelta
3 hours ago, Intresting said:

This is whole gen thing to scratch an itch is getting out of hand

And after China shuts down for just one month 

2 hours ago, Intresting said:

bought a moon watch and had buyers 

Maybe the wife found out :lol:

Congratulations, I just bought the Alpinist so I'm a bit envious. 

GenTLe

Wow, THAT's a good one!!!

deju

This is a no regrets watch, it dresses up it dresses down. It helps with the childhood spaceman dream. Congrats.

ODHMJ.jpg

Mine says hi :) 

• Like 2

NCRich

Beautiful watch!  Congrats!

Realism

They were straight onto the suits who followed me in and then had to deal with all the complaints from the suits that they couldn’t buy a SS sub. 

LOL. It's them and thousands of others in the world...

• Like 1

Flinnt

Don’t tell the wife, but I plan on buying a new green Alpinist just before I leave Japan if I have enough yen left (I definitely will).

Unless of course I find a red special (huge Brian May fan) in which case I’ll buy both...seriously don’t tell the wife- she believed me when I said reps will do,  I won’t spend thousands on a gen and then bought a moonwatch as soon as we landed in Japan. And now I’m eyeing off which Seikos to buy on top. 

At least I told her holidays are more important than gen watches and took her on a holiday...before buying gen watches. 

I feel like I’m copying @Intresting, but I swear there’s an original thought in there somewhere. Disclaimer: there’s no such thing as an original idea. 

Intresting
10 minutes ago, Flinnt said:

Don’t tell the wife, but I plan on buying a new green Alpinist just before I leave Japan if I have enough yen left (I definitely will).

Unless of course I find a red special (huge Brian May fan) in which case I’ll buy both...seriously don’t tell the wife- she believed me when I said reps will do,  I won’t spend thousands on a gen and then bought a moonwatch as soon as we landed in Japan. And now I’m eyeing off which Seikos to buy on top. 

At least I told her holidays are more important than gen watches and took her on a holiday...before buying gen watches. 

I feel like I’m copying @Intresting, but I swear there’s an original thought in there somewhere. Disclaimer: there’s no such thing as an original idea. 

You know what they say about great minds, and great husbands... what you don't know won't hurt you.....