That's free

• Like 1

Stufuse
That's free

Depends who gives it to ya

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lalex

Hey man

I have the exactly same problem with my omega from Josh. And I fucked up some screws. Immovable. 

I'm using the nato strap now. What a pity 

BravoDelta
10 minutes ago, Lalex said:

I'm using the nato strap now.

They look great on the rubber strap. This one was sub $20 with a nice polished deployant clasp...

20200228-040933.jpg

Waspy
On 25/02/2020 at 23:43, TheGingerFerret said:

They have a habit of working loose and getting lost. It shouldn't be a strong bond though. They have specially designed thread locker glue that (in theory) is just tight enough to stop them loosening by themselves, but easy enough to break should you need to unscrew them.

This is the version of Loctite (purple) needed:

222.jpg

Strong enough to not come loose, weak enough to allow disassembly.

OP may have had blue Loctite on his bracelet screws.

Jibuti
11 hours ago, Stufuse said:

Depends who gives it to ya

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

exactly-ladyboys always cost money, mind you...

erm.... so I've heard....

• Like 1

Genius
On 25/02/2020 at 19:27, submarinerblue said:

Success! Took it to my neighborhood jeweler.  He had to work on it for quite awhile. Thought maybe someone had used Loctite on it ! Either didn’t know or didn’t care it was a rep. Best $15 I ever spent.

Even the gens have Loctite (but wouldn't surprise me if the reps used the wrong kind that didn't free as easily) and do need heating to break the bond if you don't want to chew the screw up.

As many other folks have said you need the right size screwdriver or you will fuck it up.

I know these 2 nuggets of information as I learned them fist hand resizing the bracelet on my gen SMP and in the process fucking up a few of the screws.  Fortunately I had enough spare links I could swap them from

Lalex

Maybe the gens have another quality of screws. Like bigger screws for furniture and things. You have cheap material that is easily damaged when you aren't careful and then you have hardware that is rock solid. Another level. 

Rokerite
On 25/02/2020 at 19:27, submarinerblue said:

Success! Took it to my neighborhood jeweler.  He had to work on it for quite awhile. Thought maybe someone had used Loctite on it ! Either didn’t know or didn’t care it was a rep. Best $15 I ever spent.

:thumbsup2: God loves a trier 

any5at32

Hi,

just received my seamaster this morning, same issue, screws will not budge, did the same ,wd40, heat, but looks like local jeweller it is, apart from that, watch is flawless

Lalex

I've been to the watchmaker yesterday and he fixed it for only 5 euro. 

He couldn't move the screws I damaged but puzzled a little bit and I can use the bracelet now. 

If I have anything with a watch I will take a walk to this guy!

Waspy
On 28/02/2020 at 13:58, any5at32 said:

Hi,

just received my seamaster this morning, same issue, screws will not budge, did the same ,wd40, heat, but looks like local jeweller it is, apart from that, watch is flawless

I think the lesson we can learn here is, if you have the slightest suspicion you are not getting those screws out, take it to a watchmaker/jeweller BEFORE you chew up the screw heads.

Also, most of these problems seem to be with Seamasters. I suspect because the screws are so tiny on this model, some people have experienced them falling out then complaining to their TDs. 

TDs then apply Loctite to all new Seamasters before shipping to prevent this problem. I suspect they are using the wrong Loctite though.