WatchDog21

What's wrong with delivery drivers these days?

WatchDog21

The below is now the second time this year that this has happened; first time is UPS and the second time DHL today. and don't even get me going on how many times I have had to call Amazon about their drivers and deliveries!

I had a DHL delivery scheduled for yesterday (my RWG Watch).  I had the delivery set to be placed in my secure package drop box.  I watched the tracking yesterday and finally at 8:45 PM I get a text alert indicating  "Delivery attempt - Nobody home"  I was like WTF?  I'm home and sitting next to the front window watching for a delivery van but nothing!  I called DHL, explained the issue and they indicated that it would be looked into and most likely delivered tomorrow.  

This morning I decided to call DHL back to ensure that the delivery would take place today.  I provided all kinds of extra details that they added to the delivery notes; stuff like my phone #, and that I had a Ring doorbell so that if the driver needed he could contact me.  I had my eyes on my security cameras all day an still no DHL.  So at 3:00, I head out of the office to go home.  Before I go inside I check my drop box, and both neighbors front doors but no package.  Next thing I know, I get an alert showing package delivered at 2:55 PM.  Enter panic and really pissed off mode!  I call DHL and go over all the details again.  The rep indicated that they will get the GEO info of the driver at the time of "delivery" and that they would call back in about 2 hrs.

I decided to go back and look at the footage of my cameras to see if a DHL truck even went down the road. The one camera can see my entire front yard along with the neighbor on the right.   On the left, I can see just the left edge of my drive but nothing.  Sure enough, I see a truck at that time and it appeared that he was pulling away from the curb of my neighbors drive on the left.  I head outside to check with that neighbor but he isn't home and I couldn't see any package at his door.  I decided to check his car port area just in case and sure enough there it was.

Now I actually have my house number on 2 spots on the front of my house, very visible to any passer by let alone a delivery person who should be looking for an address.  One of those addresses is right at the edge of my house next that car port where the driver left the package!  Just a careless driver, not paying attention and probably doesn't give a crap.

RussP

Stop looking out the windows.

A "watched kettle"....

FudgyDocker

Over here, the DHL/UPS/Fedex/Royal Mail (even Parcelfacrce) are the good ones. It's the budget delivery companies (the ones that get about 20p per 'successful' delivery and have about 2000 per day on board) that are the retarded wankers, Yodel & Herpes etc..

WatchDog21
11 minutes ago, RussP said:

Stop looking out the windows.

A "watched kettle"....

but I look at "Windows" all day long.  

:typetype:

6 minutes ago, FudgyDocker said:

Over here, the DHL/UPS/Fedex/Royal Mail (even Parcelfacrce) are the good ones. It's the budget delivery companies (the ones that get about 20p per 'successful' delivery and have about 2000 per day on board) that are the retarded wankers, Yodel & Herpes etc..

TBH, I have at one time or another had repeat delivery problems with UPS, USPS, DHL, Amazon and FedEX.  I can accept the one off's but continuous repeats are something else.  Heck, the customer service reps for Amazon probably recognize my number and argue over who gets stuck talking to me. :phone:

Bill_C

Today I was THE NEIGHBOR who had a package for someone else delivered to my door step... frigg'n Amazon.  I am expecting a package so I didn't think anything of it when they dropped it off. I picked it up and noticed if felt too heavy to be mine. I glanced at the label and noticed it belongs to my neighbor TWO DOORS DOWN. Just watch, I bet my package ends up being delivered to someone across town.

RussP
6 minutes ago, Bill_C said:

Today I was THE NEIGHBOR who had a package for someone else delivered to my door step... frigg'n Amazon.  I am expecting a package so I didn't think anything of it when they dropped it off. I picked it up and noticed if felt too heavy to be mine. I glanced at the label and noticed it belongs to my neighbor TWO DOORS DOWN. Just watch, I bet my package ends up being delivered to someone across town.

I'd keep it, if it was heavier than what you were expecting to receive.

:D

EZEC

Min Wage and no benefits....so definitely don't care

ShovelnTC

Today EVERYTHING is all about the bottom dollar, my industry now awards ALL tenders to the cheapest price regardless of their history or track record so everything gets short-cutted and then we wait for the news reports to say how shocking it is that buildings are crumbling and buyers are left high and dry.

Couriers get peanuts for their efforts so quality simply comes way down the list of concerns.

Bill_C
12 minutes ago, RussP said:

LOL, not with my luck. Who knows what I'd find in that box? I don't know my neighbor, she keeps to herself, so it could have been anything from the mundane to the... eh hem, not so family friendly. Then I'd have to explain to the wife what I'm doing with it! :lol: Yeah nah, I'm good.

RussP
1 hour ago, ShovelnTC said:

Couriers get peanuts for their efforts so quality simply comes way down the list of concerns.

The guy that delivered my watch yesterday had grazed knuckles....

ShovelnTC
16 minutes ago, RussP said:

The guy that delivered my watch yesterday had grazed knuckles....

Probably from the chin of the last guy that complained about his late delivery:D

• Like 1

FunnyStarSystem

The delivery companies (including the various national postal services) have not kept pace with the explosion of online retail. Nobody thought you'd be ordering your 50lb bags of dog food even five years ago. The industry is struggling to catch up with employees and equipment after the sorting and packaging.

It's a back breaking job requiring lots of overtime, and I think once you're utterly fatigued, your care factor plummets.

RussP
1 hour ago, ShovelnTC said:

Probably from the chin of the last guy that complained about his late delivery:D

Nah.. From dragging his knuckles on the ground as he went about his deliveries :chewbacca:

BravoDelta
3 hours ago, funnystarsystem said:

It's a back breaking job requiring lots of overtime, and I think once you're utterly fatigued, your care factor plummets.

This is true...I was a UPS driver many years ago. Before GPS, before the online shopping boom. The job was brutal then, and I would bet it's much harder now. I ran that truck nonstop for 10+ hours a day. And by the end of the day my "care factor" was bottoming out. I didn't intentionally misdeliver any packages but the goal was: Don't bring anything back to the station. Unfortunately,  home deliveries are usually the last drops of the day for UPS,  Dhl and FedEx where the chances for error are the highest. 

WatchDog21
10 hours ago, Bill_C said:

In the past, if I received some of my neighbors stuff I just walked it over to their house.  In January Fedex delivered one of my packages to some house down the street.   How do I know?  About 3 days later the package gets delivered to my house.  I was trying to figure out what happened so I looked at the shipping label.  It "shipped" from an address down my street!  I am guessing the people called FedEx and they came and picked the package up from their house, slapped a new label on it and dropped it at my door!

WatchDog21
5 hours ago, BravoDelta said:

This is true...I was a UPS driver many years ago. Before GPS, before the online shopping boom. The job was brutal then, and I would bet it's much harder now. I ran that truck nonstop for 10+ hours a day. And by the end of the day my "care factor" was bottoming out. I didn't intentionally misdeliver any packages but the goal was: Don't bring anything back to the station. Unfortunately,  home deliveries are usually the last drops of the day for UPS,  Dhl and FedEx where the chances for error are the highest. 

I have one friend who works at FedEx and man the stories on how they handled the packages.  It explained so much since I get regular FedEx deliveries at work and the boxes are partially destroyed.  I had another friend who worked for UPS and he said "you don't back back to the shop until everything is delivered".  I am guessing that at the end of what could be a 12 hr day, most of these guys don't care.

On a good note for USPS, I had my Black Rifle Coffee delivered yesterday by FedEx where the driver just put the box right in front of the package drop box :blind:

When my mail man made his stop, he picked the box up and secured it where it should have been when FedEx made the delivery.

GingerApple

I worked for UPS in a warehouse one year during the uni summer break. Talk about hard work! There was one lorry that came in every night that originated from a ball bearing factory and so was stacked full of boxes of ball bearings. Hundreds of small boxes, maybe 6' x 6' but each one weighing about 25kg and I'd be unloading that fucker myself. Talk about getting a sweat on. All the regular workers there looked like Popeye. I digress - the packages that were light weight would be used as rugby balls and drop kicked between workers - especially if they were marked fragile. Hard work, but cunts. Also, ALL of them were nicking.

Adit
On 27/02/2020 at 00:19, RussP said:

Exactly. These Chinese DSSDs have some genuine weight to them these days :D

BadPickle
20 hours ago, TheGingerFerret said:

I worked for UPS in a warehouse one year during the uni summer break. Talk about hard work! There was one lorry that came in every night that originated from a ball bearing factory and so was stacked full of boxes of ball bearings. Hundreds of small boxes, maybe 6' x 6' but each one weighing about 25kg and I'd be unloading that fucker myself. Talk about getting a sweat on. All the regular workers there looked like Popeye. I digress - the packages that were light weight would be used as rugby balls and drop kicked between workers - especially if they were marked fragile. Hard work, but cunts. Also, ALL of them were nicking.

Fuckoff!!! :lmao: 

I only read 12 words and I knew you were a lying fucker :handjob:

GingerApple
1 hour ago, pickledbeetroot said:

Fuckoff!!! :lmao: 

I only read 12 words and I knew you were a lying fucker :handjob:

Lol, on the basis you can't believe I've ever done a day's work in my life? Lol. The story is 100% true - sadly!

That was pretty much the last time I did any real work mind you....

BadPickle
2 hours ago, TheGingerFerret said:

Lol, on the basis you can't believe I've ever done a day's work in my life? Lol. The story is 100% true - sadly!

That was pretty much the last time I did any real work mind you....

No stupid, the 12th word is “uni” can’t believe you’re intelligent enough to get a place at uni.... although you never said you were on a degree course, maybe you just emptied the bins :ohwell: 

GingerApple
19 minutes ago, pickledbeetroot said:

No stupid, the 12th word is “uni” can’t believe you’re intelligent enough to get a place at uni.... although you never said you were on a degree course, maybe you just emptied the bins :ohwell: 

Mate, NCRich teaches at a uni! I mean, how hard can it be!

BadPickle
1 minute ago, TheGingerFerret said:

Mate, NCRich teaches at a uni! I mean, how hard can it be!

You got a point there :lol:  but if you gonna slag him off don’t do it the cowards way.... you gotta tag him in @NCRich  

NCRich
56 minutes ago, pickledbeetroot said:

You got a point there :lol:  but if you gonna slag him off don’t do it the cowards way.... you gotta tag him in @NCRich  

To be fair they let nearly anyone do it.

BadPickle
1 minute ago, NCRich said:

To be fair they let nearly anyone do it.

We knew :rofl: