WatchDog21

What's wrong with delivery drivers these days?

Adit

My mate is a manager at a courier company and he's always owing me favours, so if I ever need anything delivered or collected, I just shout and he gets one of the lads to oblige (lazy git won't collect from GuangZhou for me though :thumbdown:)

tonyh7

My son works in housing and manages a number of properties. He got a call from one complaining about faeces in the hallway of a block of flats. He arranged clean up and also reviewed the cctv to see if the culprit could be identified. To his utter amazement it was a delivery driver, who delivered a TalkTalk router, and then took a crap in the hallway!

• Like 1

Adit

Charming! I hope he gets brought to book. Imagine the embarrassment! :lol:

Bill_C

In his defense, it is a crappy job.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

MsIbuki

I totally understand the frustration with such a job. I'm looking at the Amazon drivers having to deliver hundreds of packages every day, and I wonder if I would ever be able to do their position in the first place. But, on the other hand, I don't get why we have to wait four weeks, sometimes months, to get a light package from China with their national Postal Service. I get that the Hondo millions of packages every day, but to track china post package, you need to use a different website than theirs unless you want to break your nerves while trying to figure out what is written in Chinese.

Edited by MsIbuki

Glaude
1 hour ago, MsIbuki said:

What I don't really get is why we have to wait four weeks sometimes months to get a light package from China with their national Postal Service

This is the way ...

But on a more serious note : it cost nothing, so it pays nothing, fast courrier are first in line on planes, and the rest wait until there's room for more

• Like 1

Rozza72

Breathing life into an old thread, i had an amazon delivery driver turn up today. I saw him sat in the van through my kitchen window. He gets out of his cab and walks up to my door with a ‘sorry we missed you’ note in his hand. I opened the door just as he was trying to push it through the letter box. He looks at me and say ‘oh i ran the bell several times so i though no one was in’…’so you didn’t see me watching you from the kitchen window as you pulled up and just sat there then’…’I’ll go and get your package’ he said….’what a good idea’ i replied…..cheeky fecker!

tribefan

The flip side:

bertacyeb

I also had an unpleasant experience in contact with mail deliverers. When I received my next item from an online store, the delivery man didn't even bring it to the door. He left my package by the mailbox. I wrote to customer service, and after a while, my parcel was at the door but in a crumpled condition. This was unseemly rude, and I contacted customer service again. My third parcel never arrived at me although it showed that it had reached the post office on the tracker. I will never again order with this company's online delivery.

Edited by bertacyeb

alanruther

I start to think my stuff is delivering from nearby star system.

rubyarcox

What's wrong with delivery drivers? Low pay for an insanely exhausting job. As far as I know, Amazon drivers have a working hell, especially in terms of penalties. Still, Amazon is one of the best marketplaces in a delivery matter. My smart light bulb - https://www.amazon.com/smart-light-bulb-bulbs-color/dp/B0922Q43LY/ was delivered in under 2 days, which is impressive. But what's the cost? I'm not okay if the fast delivering have such an awful background. Amazon and the rest big guys should reconsider their attitude to staff below top-tier. You can't earn all world money.

Edited by rubyarcox