Sevrance

RW Newcomer

Sevrance

Just recently did some legitimate digging to find more information on high end RW's . Started from a random encounter with some cheap ones while I was in Thailand a year ago. I figured if they could produce and sell something that looked halfway decent for 30 USD, that a replica for 500 could be outstanding. Now here I am, hoping to purchase my first one shortly! :D

What's normally on my wrist the most!

1moMIMk.jpg

• Like 2

trissoryen

That is a beautiful watch, mate!

Sevrance
17 minutes ago, trissoryen said:

That is a beautiful watch, mate!

Thank you :D I just put in an order for an ZF V2 BB58 and VSF SeaMaster 300. Super excited, but scared (financially), to get into this rabbit hole of a hobby!

tribefan
On 29/02/2020 at 12:42, Sevrance said:

Thank you :D I just put in an order for an ZF V2 BB58 and VSF SeaMaster 300. Super excited, but scared (financially), to get into this rabbit hole of a hobby!

Good choices, imo. And yes, you should be quite concerned. :digging2:

• Like 1

GingerApple

Great couple of watches! Be careful with the lume colour on the VSF when you get your QC pics; some (most) of the v2 batch are slightly yellowy. Still great watches though, you'll struggle to understand how the Gen costs several thousand more.

And then you'll buy another 50 watches.....

• Like 1

FunnyStarSystem
1 hour ago, TheGingerFerret said:

Great couple of watches! Be careful with the lume colour on the VSF when you get your QC pics; some (most) of the v2 batch are slightly yellowy. Still great watches though, you'll struggle to understand how the Gen costs several thousand more.

And then some will mysteriously stop working and you won't be able to find anyone reputable to fix them, and you'll wonder why you didn't just buy one nice gen with all the money you spent on this junk! And then you'll buy another rep to replace the one that broke.

Rinse, repeat.

Moral of the story? Hold on to that Seiko, it will keep you sane.

• Like 1

Sevrance
6 hours ago, TheGingerFerret said:

Thank you for the advice, I did read about that so I'll be sure to try my best regarding the QC pictures. I also saw the potential of getting a v1 bracelet on the v2 as well? But maybe that was back when the V2 first came out. I'm really looking forward to it, it definitely looks amazing for being a fraction of the price.

Can definitely see that happening :blink:

Sevrance
5 hours ago, funnystarsystem said:

And then some will mysteriously stop working and you won't be able to find anyone reputable to fix them, and you'll wonder why you didn't just buy one nice gen with all the money you spent on this junk! And then you'll buy another rep to replace the one that broke.

Rinse, repeat.

Moral of the story? Hold on to that Seiko, it will keep you sane.

I'm definitely worried about this aspect. I'm pretty sure I want to send them out to service relatively quickly, just trying to figure out who to send them to.

I'll  be holding onto the seiko, it's nothing crazy but it's still a looker in my opinion! Plus it's kind of what got me into Automatics so it holds some sentimental value 

Sevrance
8 hours ago, tribefan said:

Good choices, imo. And yes, you should be quite concerned. :digging2:

Thank you, I think I made a solid two choices based off scouring the forums and also the subreddit Reptime to help me make an informed decision. 

I have a bad habit of going all in on newfound hobbies lol.

GenTLe
On 02/03/2020 at 06:00, Sevrance said:

I'm definitely worried about this aspect. I'm pretty sure I want to send them out to service relatively quickly, just trying to figure out who to send them to.

If it ain't broken, don't try to fix it... Yes, service is a good thing (I personally do them to mine ones sometimes) but you add the risk of scratch, break or mangle something every time someone puts his hands in it, so just do your homeworks when it comes to the checks and "things to do on arrival" but, unless needed, avoid further jobs until they are needed.

• Like 1

RussP

Welcome to the forum !

Nice shot of that SARB033.

It's on my 'wanted' list, so if you ever get tired of wearing it...................

Intresting

Lovely to see another new member in the rep game.  Welcome :)    Russ is the resident seiko hoarder.   I think Cxs is not far behind.  NCRish is arguably the US kingpin (and this forum's) know it all.    And I have just given you your first thumbs up.   033 is a beautiful Seiko.  on par with a Rollie DJ in looks.    I am looking for one too...

Sevrance
On 06/03/2020 at 23:51, RussP said:

Welcome to the forum !

Nice shot of that SARB033.

It's on my 'wanted' list, so if you ever get tired of wearing it...................

Thank you!

The sentimental value of it is real, so I plan on keeping it!

It's truly a beautiful watch,. Though it's kind of ironic now that I've read on the forums about what to look for during QC, I've realized the six marker is slightly to the left. Kind of goes to show the average person wouldn't even bat an eye at some of the issues that come up for Reps hahaha.

Sevrance
On 06/03/2020 at 23:57, Intresting said:

Lovely to see another new member in the rep game.  Welcome :)    Russ is the resident seiko hoarder.   I think Cxs is not far behind.  NCRish is arguably the US kingpin (and this forum's) know it all.    And I have just given you your first thumbs up.   033 is a beautiful Seiko.  on par with a Rollie DJ in looks.    I am looking for one too...

Thanks for the warm words! I've been off to a strong start in the repgame, I just received my first one a few days ago! Couldn't be happier. (Noob Rhodium Yacht Master) 

Now I'm waiting on four others. :blink:

I really appreciate the info, happy to join in on the fun here :D Hope you manage to get your hands on the SARB!

tribefan
11 minutes ago, Sevrance said:

Thanks for the warm words! I've been off to a strong start in the repgame, I just received my first one a few days ago! Couldn't be happier. (Noob Rhodium Yacht Master) 

Now I'm waiting on four others. :blink:

I really appreciate the info, happy to join in on the fun here :D Hope you manage to get your hands on the SARB!

Those warm words are going to turn into red hot flames if you don't get some Rhodium pics posted here.

BravoDelta
13 hours ago, Sevrance said:

I just received my first one a few days ago!

:ttiwwop:

Sevrance
21 hours ago, tribefan said:

Those warm words are going to turn into red hot flames if you don't get some Rhodium pics posted here.

Hey, I heard this was the flame free zone :D

9sX1Ubw.jpgU5T904B.jpg

9 hours ago, BravoDelta said:

:ttiwwop:

I'm in the clear now, bonus is my second watch came in yesterday!  ;)

But I also ordered two more yesterday so now my wait count is higher again... :unsure:

• Like 2

GingerApple

Ooh, good start, congrats!