Sign in to follow this  
Slowlow

Asian or Swiss? Quick question

Slowlow

Quick question.

What's the difference between the asian eta and Swiss eta?

There seems to be a big price difference.

schmooze
Quick question.

One's made in Switzerland and the other in China with a couple of minor, minor details a trained eye with a strong loupe can see. IMHO Asian has the same sweep and keeps good time and cheap to replace if needed. I have a few of each and can't really say I've noticed a difference.

If you become a watch junkie like most of us, you can get more bang for your buck with Asian clone movement.

powderfreak

I have heard that not every dealer supplies the eta movement but rather an asian one. Plus, some etas seem to be refurbished/some parts were replaced with asian. That's why I choose asian when I ordered a PO two weeks ago.

If you want to see the differences, check this out:

eta identification

NFleischer

That's why you're better off getting a SW200 when available. You know at least that its gen

and new. I'm sure all those 'Swiss' ETA's are not real anymore. Swatch group stopped selling them.

powderfreak
That's why you're better off getting a SW200 when available. You know at least that its gen

and new. I'm sure all those 'Swiss' ETA's are not real anymore. Swatch group stopped selling them.

I am not certain, I think robert told someone in the sb that they already made asian/rep SW200 movements. Plus, you can still check if you get (at least partly) a swiss movement.

Slowlow

The watch I'm looking at is from Mary so it looks like Asian is the way to go :popcorn:

NFleischer

I am not certain, I think robert told someone in the sb that they already made asian/rep SW200 movements. Plus, you can still check if you get (at least partly) a swiss movement.

Shite! already- that didn't take long. I guess I'm not surprised.

JohnG
Quick question.

you can read about it in this month's issue of TRR:

replicareport.jpg