Howitzer

Watchpod Double travel case review

Howitzer

Apart from M2M and dealer feedback, I've not really done any reviews on RWG, mostly because I don't keep watches long enough, or someone else has already done a far better job than I could hope to.

But it occurred to me that, after spending ages trying to find a decent, practical and relatively inexpensive travel case for two watches, it might be useful to share my thoughts on my recently purchased Watchpod travel case for those who might have similar needs to me.  

Link: https://www.amazon.co.uk/WATCHPOD-Storage-Portable-Protection-Wristwatches/dp/B07DFPZ3LY

Now, there are reviews on Amazon of course, and they were all pretty positive, but you don't get "real life" photos or much depth of review content. That said, there may not be much depth here either, but let's have a go.... 

Some background: I currently have an old Rado service / travel case, which is quite bulky, and an Aspinal of London watch roll, which is beautiful but even bulkier, and both are only designed to hold one watch. I find that two watches doesn't quite get me through a week, I like to chop and change as most of us do, and also take my G-Shock for the gym or what have you, so like to carry two additional watches without fear of damage or having to carry two receptacles. I also didn't want to go full Maradona and wear a watch on each wrist.  

I initially wanted a nice leather case, but after much searching online, I could only find cheap and nasty pleather ones (https://www.amazon.co.uk/Zippered-Interior-Storage-Organizer-Collection/dp/B00D6KBFH8 - had one before, fell apart in a matter of weeks) or very expensive ones. The only sensible leather option I discovered was from CheapestNatoStraps (https://www.cheapestnatostraps.com/collections/small-leather-goods/products/watch-box-oak), which I duly ordered and instantly returned due to it not being able to accept watches on a bracelet (which I should have worked out, but you live and learn). I will say that it is a lovely case for the money, and if you're a strap rather than bracelet kinda guy, then I'd definitely recommend it. 

Anyway, this all led me to the conclusion that I'd have to abandon my leathery dream, and my continuing search ultimately arrived at the Watchpod. 

YF7t1.md.jpg

First impressions are very good, the case seems sturdy and well-made, and it's pretty compact to say that it holds two watches. Max dimensions in mm are approx L185xW100xD55. The case is deeper on one side to accommodate the head of the watch, which helps to keep the overall bulk down and offer a tighter fit. 

YFMP8.md.jpg

Some of the earlier Amazon reviews were critical of the fact that smaller watches could move around too freely, but this has been rectified by the addition of four removable foam rings, which help to keep smaller diameter watches nice and snugly nestled within their respective "doughnuts". The bonus micro-fibre cleaning cloth is a welcome touch too, and can also be used to add a layer of extra padding if required. 

YFENj.md.jpg
YFs0K.md.jpg

The case comfortably accommodates my SO Abyss at 44mm (my biggest watch), and will apparently handle any watch up to 46mm in width, and bracelets or straps are both held firm given the snug fit. Anything 40mm+ is also gripped nice and tightly. 

YFf1I.md.jpg
YFRH4.md.jpg

All in all, this case is perfect for my needs and I am delighted with it, especially as I only paid just over £16 for it when it was on special offer, but even at £20 there aren't many two watch cases that offer better value, protection, and functionality. 

I hope this is of use to someone, but if not, at least I can now say I've done a review of something other than a human :) 

• Like 4

NCRich

:thumbsup:  Nicely done.

Howitzer
3 minutes ago, NCRich said:

:thumbsup:  Nicely done.

Thank you! :D 

BravoDelta

+1 for the watch pod. I travel a lot and these are great. They don't take up as much room as similarly priced watch rolls. Fits across the bottom of my carry on backpack. My 3 pod plus a other single...

20200318-074703.jpg

• Like 2