Popperini

The curious case of the disappearing DSSD digit...

Popperini

I've experienced poor/faded ceramic insert markers before - and have a variety of silver pens to deal with the problem. What's interesting here (and why I've popped a quick post in to record it) was how in this case the 2 on the insert has faded while every other marker/numeral on the insert - including the 0 right next to the 2 - still look absolutely fine. Also funny is that this is one of the watches I've only worn maybe half a dozen times, so the paint has effectively evaporated from the 2 all by itself, in the watch box.

This is the ARF DSSD with SH3135 (which I also had to sort out, when the date stopped advancing - my first ever "movement" fix!). It was sold to me M2M (C&R from the TD, still in plastics) as "V3" last May, although I'm not sure whether ARF have even released a V3 of this model... So it's probably the V2 and the TD got his versions mixed up because this was the same time the V3 SD43 was released, IIRC. Aaaanyway, I digress... It's interesting to note though that the fading on these ceramic paint jobs can occur within a year of ownership and when barely worn.

Ah well, it's another fun little project to add to the list. 

ff0f40110d32d5222fd6f3dd06bec3df.plist3cb607303688e1c06584c6d9792600c4.plist

FunnyStarSystem

The two is where the insert was picked up from the production mold via a sticky epoxy (like rodico), thus leaving an oily residue which resists paint adherence and so allows for evaporation over time.

I completely made that up out of sheared bollocks, but it's probably something like that causing this issue, lol.

• Like 1

Popperini
3 minutes ago, funnystarsystem said:

The two is where the insert was picked up from the production mold via a sticky epoxy (like rodico), thus leaving an oily residue which resists paint adherence and so allows for evaporation over time.

I completely made that up out of sheared bollocks, but it's probably something like that causing this issue, lol.

:D