GulfGT40

Tissot TRS516

GulfGT40

After hunting for an affordable gen and landing the Bulova Lunar pilot I was still tempted by the number 2 on my favourites list, the Tissot TRS516. You're a long time dead so what the hell I thought I'd pick one of these up aswell.

My Grandfather wore a Tissot which I still have so I thought I'd keep it in the family again with this purchase. Once again how times have changed in relation to watch sizing.

49628656588_584405b7cd_c.jpg

First impressions were that for a 42mm watch it was pretty heavy, it was always going on a rally strap so when I removed the bracelet I weighed it and it's just shy of 120g, most of my rep bracelets are about 80g. 

Everything else seems  good so far, its clean, crisp and wears well. The caseback is simple and inside is an ever reliable quartz.

49629430237_90784dc4ba_c.jpg

49629454362_41a4dcce08_c.jpg

49629448777_5727298c0f_c.jpg

A little detail I like is the markers attached to the crystal so that the minute hand and chrono seconds pass under them.

49629162986_c6136e1a52_c.jpg

I do like yellow details on a black watch and this extends to a small yellow ring under the bezel which has a flat, brushed carbon face with polished sides.

49629437387_c77b236d73_c.jpg

And finally the lume, not much there but what is seems bright and lasts for a little while.

49629452187_6fb3c3b6a5_c.jpg

All in all I impressed by the watch for the money it cost me and looking forward to some wrist time with it.

• Like 3

fatarms

Always loved Yellow themed watches, hell, I have a gen Seawolf II with the Cobra dial.  Breitling  Avenger Code Yellow was another favorite of mine.  This Tissot checks all the boxes for me, love it.  Enjoy it in the best of health!

PS. That's some killer lume on that as well.

• Like 1

FunnyStarSystem

Nice review, I especially appreciate the side by side comparison. It's funny when we compare today's larger, sportier, more accurate, presumably more robust watches to those of our grandparent's generation, and yet realize they generally had it much tougher and needed far more endurance to survive back then. Our watches are a fashion statement, theirs were actually vital to survival.

Nonetheless, I like yours better than his. I am a man of my times, after all. Nice buy, enjoy!

• Like 1

Thommo82

Looks bloody great mate!

I have a Tissot Swissmatic V8, and for the price the finishing is unbeatable. 

Great little feature how the hands pass under the markers, and just the right amount of yellow if you ask me. 

What’s next on your list?

• Like 1

GulfGT40
24 minutes ago, Thommo82 said:

Looks bloody great mate!

I have a Tissot Swissmatic V8, and for the price the finishing is unbeatable. 

Great little feature how the hands pass under the markers, and just the right amount of yellow if you ask me. 

What’s next on your list?

Really liking the Longines Hydroconquest, I've been spending around $500aud at the moment so I'll have to collect a few more pennies before I click 'go' on one of those, definitely within reach though.

Thommo82
1 hour ago, GulfGT40 said:

Really liking the Longines Hydroconquest, I've been spending around $500aud at the moment so I'll have to collect a few more pennies before I click 'go' on one of those, definitely within reach though.

A fellow Aussie hey? 
I’m on the Gold Coast myself. 
Longines make quality buddy, I’ve recently purchased a Conquest;

9-A685-D9-E-4-D47-48-D5-9217-A6911-AA93-

My pick of the Hydroconquest range is definitely this new grey model;

472-BF1-E1-D416-42-FC-B5-BA-3-C52-CB764-

I’ll be adding it at some point. Too many on my list at the moment. Slowly work through them as $$ allows 

• Like 2

Chixisigma

Beautiful Tissot - congratulations!!

Cxs

• Like 1