Lagger

ZZF V2 Hulk from JTime my thoughts

Lagger

Well I find myself with yet ANOTHER sub rep in a ZZF V2 i got from JTime next door, I wnt with them as they seem to have an affiliation with the factory and I guess will get the best pieces , I will get to the watch in a bit but they are great to deal with, but a slight hiccup pushed my order into Chinese new year and some virus a few people are chuntering on about!

It took a lot longer than I thought it would, but they sourced me a nice example after I queered the date alignment on the first, and it all went well.

Anyway the watch what can I say but wow, simply the best rep I've had of a sub, ARF being about one of the few i've never had.

The dead give away blue Cyclops is none existent, it is crystal clear to me! 

The 6 and 9 markers are rounded off, the SEL is fine, the lume matches, apparently they source the dials and hands unlumed so they do it themselves so it matches, I got the 3135 and set it against my phone 2 days ago, its kept perfect time and it sets and winds flawlessly........................basically it shits all over the V9 I had, and the green of the bezel looks like the gen to me when I've looked in the jewelers window.

If I saw this in the wild with an ARF bracelet I couldn't call it out, im sure someone could, but with my knowledge of flaws its not me.

The not so good, the bezel is a little stiff, not crazy and there is no play, but noticeably firm.and the bezel engraving doesn't seem deep enough, but that will probably be me looking at macro shots too much

and the braclet, well its better than the noob as it has chamfering ? on the clasp, but its no ARF!

20200305-100549.jpg

20200305-100602.jpg

20200305-102238.jpg

20200308-135720.jpg

• Like 3

processengr

Rehaut alignment looks perfect!

deju

Crystal is pants....

Op please use Clickpix for image uploads it’s for the rep fora! I didn’t like the spam I got with post image lol

Lagger

I can assure you it is not 'pants' it is hard to photograph but very good nonetheless

Mr_B

Awesome mate

nunu78

looks really good, congratz mate

thejudge

Interesting on the bezel that was supposed to be one of the improved features of the V2.

Intresting

Great choice.  I got one too.  The waterproofing on mine was quite amazing as well.  OTB, and it cleared 60m test with the crown unscrewed. Thought you might like to know that.

However, I understand that ZZF is launching a V2S, a supposedly improving on the bezel.    

deju
On 08/03/2020 at 15:43, Lagger said:

I can assure you it is not 'pants' it is hard to photograph but very good nonetheless

I’ve got to admit I’m seriously impressed with how clean the dial on this zff is, very sharp.  Finish seems ARF like if not better.

re the crystal It’s not specific to your model but I’d do a swap if I could. 

it’s the same  in this BP vs gen

IMG_5044_zpsa939aaa6.jpg

Rep has a blue tint on the DW crystal and the LEC is too apparent.

Lagger

Yeah I saw the lec in my photo, I honestly cannot see that without my loupe no matter what so I thought it was gen like..........and then bang clear as day on the photo!

Someone photoed the cyclops much better than me,I will find the link......the cyclops is brilliant and I spot most reps by the blue tint

Lagger

@Mr_B   in the second post fucking nails the cyclops picture!

fatarms

The crystal is shirts? 

Intresting

This is my ZZF V2.    Not seeing whats wrong with the cylops.   Its got a nice sunburst too.  :)

ybXrp.jpg

• Like 1

Glaude
5 hours ago, deju said:

LEC is too apparent

Not a Rolex expert as you know it, only got my first modern Sub very recently but this

5 hours ago, Lagger said:

Yeah I saw the lec in my photo, I honestly cannot see that without my loupe no matter what so I thought it was gen like..........and then bang clear as day on the photo!

Is exactly the same on my VRF Max Hulk, I took a wristshot thinking "heh, no LEC, don't care anyway" and then on one of the pic (not on both) boom clear as day, because it was just in the right lighting conditions.

I put the damn thing under the microscope to see how precise the LEC engraving is (For those that don't know, on a gen the crown is made of tiny stars each at a different angle) and I wasn't able to see the LEC at all under it.

Most of the time, you can't see the LEC with the naked eye on my rep, I believe that's exactly how the gen is suppose to behave no ?

• Like 1

Intresting
4 hours ago, Glaude said:

Not a Rolex expert as you know it, only got my first modern Sub very recently but this

Is exactly the same on my VRF Max Hulk, I took a wristshot thinking "heh, no LEC, don't care anyway" and then on one of the pic (not on both) boom clear as day, because it was just in the right lighting conditions.

I put the damn thing under the microscope to see how precise the LEC engraving is (For those that don't know, on a gen the crown is made of tiny stars each at a different angle) and I wasn't able to see the LEC at all under it.

Most of the time, you can't see the LEC with the naked eye on my rep, I believe that's exactly how the gen is suppose to behave no ?

exactly like a french tart.   Always playing peek-a-boo....

• Like 1

deju
8 hours ago, Intresting said:

This is my ZZF V2.    Not seeing whats wrong with the cylops.   Its got a nice sunburst too.  :)

ybXrp.jpg

That cyclops is better! But again LEC is crystal clear! See @Glaude they can’t all be getting perfect pictures!! 

I literally  have to hold my daydate at a funny angle under a light and macro/loupe to get a camera shot of it. 

same with my bro’s DJ, never getting a LEC wrist shot.  

They are getting better and they are using dotting with lasers but the manufacturering process is so precise.

0.99:1

• Like 1

Monkeyman

very nice review!

You mention: "It took a lot longer than I thought it would" how long did your order take exactly?

Intresting
1 hour ago, deju said:

That cyclops is better! But again LEC is crystal clear! See @Glaude they can’t all be getting perfect pictures!! 

I literally  have to hold my daydate at a funny angle under a light and macro/loupe to get a camera shot of it. 

They are getting better and they are using dotting with lasers but the manufacturering process is so precise.

look carefully at the 6 o'clock.  You can just make out the LEC.

Mr_B
14 hours ago, Lagger said:

@Mr_B   in the second post fucking nails the cyclops picture!

Thanks I miss this watch but I'm going for a Hulk next time. 

Lagger
10 hours ago, Intresting said:

ybXrp.jpg

I need a new camera  phone, or move somewhere hot!

Lagger
1 hour ago, Monkeyman said:

very nice review!

You mention: "It took a lot longer than I thought it would" how long did your order take exactly?

I ordered end of December, but they overlooked my order, when I chased it up I got qc the next day, the date alignment was out so I queried it and bang Chinese New Year and corona virus!

Got the watch a few days ago.........not really any issue, they responded well to my qc query, and I got a nice piece so all well

deju
1 hour ago, Intresting said:

look carefully at the 6 o'clock.  You can just make out the LEC.

That’s the point I’m making :) 

7 minutes ago, Lagger said:

I need a new camera  phone, or move somewhere hot!

Tell me about it!! I bought a Cheapie Android for my Instagram, £50 and it walks over my iPhone :wallbash:

Intresting
16 minutes ago, deju said:

That’s the point I’m making :) 

:)

Glaude
13 hours ago, deju said:

Not saying it's the exact same as gen of course, quite far from it I think but the admitted "you are not suppose to see it when you look at it even close" is absolutely true for me, I had to put it in a funny angle too, and using a focused light to see a marking, but could hardly see what it was without magnification.

And you can turn the watch in all the directions you want, without a focused lighting, I can't see it, even with magnification

But this is coming from someone that had already no issue with not having any LEC on his crystal to begin with, so ... :D 

Alan24

Thanks mate for fresh review of ZZF. I was looking for best HULK factory as of 2020, seems now I made my choice. Many reviews are around Noob and ARF, looks that ZZF will take over in coming reviews. In terms dealer selection - I'm thinking of JTimes assuming as you said they might have some priority with ZZF, but I don't see them in TD list? Does it mean not to deal them? As a second option I have Trustytime dealer, never dealt with any rep dealer but I really like their web site its very easy to navigate compared to many other and looks they are very long established dealer. What would you say @Lagger