Sign in to follow this  
tribefan

Simple sterile radiomir build

tribefan

My watchmaking experience has been primarily taking things apart, losing microscopic pieces and somehow managing to put things back together and have them work. I've swapped some dials, hands and movements around, mostly successfully, so I wanted to actually build something. 

I bought this Parnis case off a seller in homage forums. He had already scuffed it up pretty well and it had a nice patina. Was pretty inexpensive and came with a nice army canvas strap too. I picked up a nice ST36 gooseneck on Ali, I splurged on the $38 model, along with some hands. I have a nice Black Seal dial left from my Blue Seal watch, so I ordered a sterile dial so I could use it as the backplate for that. After seeing the lume on this one, it's not going to be it. So i just popped the sterile dial in. 

Everything went together pretty smoothly. Took my time with the hands and got them aligned well, straight out and not slanted. The movement has been pretty spot on the last 24 hours despite not making any adjustment to it. I was a little worried about trimming the stem, but that turned out to be pretty simple and only took two cuts to get it right. I left the first one intentionally long to practice filing the end. Oh, and I fucking hate those movement tabs and screws, what a pain in the ass. I think next time I'm gonna use strips of brass as a wedge, like the plastic movement rings.

I've quite few PAM straps and have been swapping them around. I like this dark one. I had a tan one one yesterday that is super soft and supple, really comfortable. I'll put the canvas one on when I get a keeper for it.

Cool watch for kicking around in for now. Was nice to put it all together and have it actually work and keep time pretty well. I have some dials coming that I will mess around with, and I don't really like these hands so I'll swap them around too, but for now it does the trick.

9L1mL.jpg 9LnS8.jpg 9L9CR.jpg 9L8eK.jpg 9Lrrv.jpg

• Like 1

Member X

Nice work!  That strap goes really nicely as well :)

I think the only build I finished is sitting in the watch box, waiting to be fixed - I think the palllet wheel is knocked out of alignment, meaning it won't run :mellow:

Enjoy yours more than I have enjoyed mine! lol

Edited by Member X