Sign in to follow this  
edwelly

When is it ok to ask for a refund from a TD?

Baldrick
My TD was not Reg

@Erik, I didn't need to be told it wasn't Reg ;)

PS, you intimated to me a while ago that perhaps reps are not for you, I'm inclined to agree !

Del

@ Baldrick - I don't disagree with you, this was an easy spot. Fortunately for me, the watch has not missed a beat so I can't complain too much - maybe I'll ask for the missing bits and put them in myself! ;)

edwelly
PS, you intimated to me a while ago that perhaps reps are not for you, I'm inclined to agree !

Is it just my bad luck or am I being too picky here? It's not like I am bashing the pearl placement or lume longevity. I just want what I paid for.

Balad1

Is it just my bad luck or am I being too picky here? It's not like I am bashing the pearl placement or lume longevity. I just want what I paid for.

I understand and agree with you, find another TD.

Slim
I bought an Omega Speedmaster Prof and when you pull out the crown to adjust the time, the whole movement, dial and all, moves. When you move the watch, you can actually hear the movement hitting the side of the case. This watch has never been out on my wrist. I unpackaged the watch, wound it a few times (it is a Manual Lemania movement) and notice a slight 'wobble' in the dial but didn't think too much. When I pulled the crown out to set the time, then I saw the dial shift.

My Sub replica does the same thing (although it didn't when I got it, and it doesn't really bother me). Just posted about that earlier today, in fact.

The dealer asked me to remove he case back and tighten the screws. I did remove the case back but the screws are very tight. I did not want to force anything. To me, the watch is BOA - broke on arrival - and not acceptable in this condition.

I tend to agree with you there, unless it was very cheap.

dingle
SIDE NOTE - I am not upset or mad at the TD. I am just really, really bummed over this. So far I have bought 5 reps from TDs. 1 broke in the first 2 weeks, 1 arrived scratched, 1 arrived with a loose movement and then other 2 appear to be ok. I mean that's a 40% success rate for brand new reps. An the two that are still working, 2 cheapie A21js.

Perhaps send me a PM and let me see if I can help :Whistle:

David543

Sounds unfortunate set of experiences, I think if I had had that failure rate I would be sad too! :rofl:

@Baldrick, I sent my wife's Raymond Weil off to be fixed by the manufacturer under warrenty and when the watch came back I went to adjust the time and the crown and stem FELL OUT. I mean....

I was not happy..... ;)

Edited by David543

Baldrick
@Baldrick, I sent my wife's Raymond Weil

You should have bought her a proper watch from a proper manufacture, not a kid-on one B)

David543
@Baldrick, I sent my wife's Raymond Weil

You should have bought her a proper watch from a proper manufacture, not a kid-on one B)

She liked the look of it, Parsifal with blue cabochon. It wasn't supposed to self destruct! B)

NFleischer

Yes this hobby can be frustrating. I've had about 50-60 reps and about 25% need to be serviced

in some way. If you factor the cost into the watch, it makes it easier to deal with. You're still getting a watch

that would cost thousands more.

Everyone knows that the movements in reps are not the same as a good Swiss chronometer in terms of qc.

They just break more often, period. That's why PWC started the PRE-SERVICE feature to avoid alot of these problems.

Since the dealers tend to get the same watches they all, IMO, have lemons. As Baldrick says- Reg (Narika) does it all on his own.

My only issue is that Reg sells mostly cheaper 21J models and I prefer the chronos and ETA versions.

edwelly

Sorry it took me an extra day, but here is the picture. I can unscrew the screw but when I go to tighten it, I can't seem to get it to go SUPER tight without fear of breaking something.

0001a.jpg

MikeMcNair

Pm me, we'll get this sorted.

Cheers