Wrist-Tickler

It's so hard to come up with a username...

Wrist-Tickler

...for me anyway.  Wrist-Tickler.   Seemed like a good idea at the time- a little creepy though.  No worries, I'm a safe creeper (said every creeper ever!). 

About me:

• Very handsome
  • Awesome sense of humor
  • Been doing the rep thing for a long time, went through a divorce which liquidated all my reps, equipment, but boosted my self-esteem after realizing I'm way better than what my ex-wife told me I was, so there's a plus!
  • Moved and recently got remarried to an amazing woman who's looks are waaaaaay past my pay grade, and she's much younger... go me!
  • I'm a store manager of a hardware store
  • Have decent Photoshop skills
  • Looking to get back into not just buying reps but modding reps
  • Started looking into Seiko reps.  Why??? Because I work in a hardware store and love to wear watches but don't want to beat the crap out of a nice Rolly Deepsea or Breitling.  Been following Seiko pages on the Facebook and all the mods being done.  Besides, when's the last time you heard of someone being called out on a fake Seiko?  Ever heard someone say they didn't make it like that?  With all the custom dials, bezels, hands blah blah blah that these guys oh and ah over, it's a safe way to play and have fun without judgement.
  • I don't care for people who post negative opinions in the sense that they are overly critical of the efforts of others,  try to be positive and supportive, . 
  • I'll try to contribute as best as I can- hopefully you'll like having me around.  If you don't, well then you're a stick in the mud and we'd never be friends anyway.
  • If you're reading this far,  a bonus about me is that I have a great friend who is a reputable  jeweler who is great at repairing watches.  I've discussed this with him and his attitude is a watch is a watch.  His jewelry business is closed because it's deemed non-essential so the benefit of working in his shop on watch repairs is a great option for him.  Should there be any question about his authenticity or pedigree I'd be happy to share details.  He went to school for watch repair and did it primarily for many years before the opportunity to open his fine jewelry store.
  • Thanks for letting me in...

BadApple

@TheGingerFerret will think he has competition reading this (apart from the first two entries) 

rikracy

@Wrist-Tickler.......

You'll fit in fine here....with those credentials!!!

Welcome aboard!!!:D

GingerApple

He's trying to promote a non-trusted watchsmith!!!!! BAN HIM!!!! BURN HIM WITH FIRE!!!!

:ban1: :banhamster:

NCRich
4 minutes ago, TheGingerFerret said:

He's trying to promote a non-trusted watchsmith!!!!! BAN HIM!!!! BURN HIM WITH FIRE!!!!

I only have one ban left..........who should get it?

Welcome and ignore the ferret.

GingerApple
5 minutes ago, NCRich said:

I only have one ban left..........who should get it?

Is this a quiz? If so, too easy; @Junior88

hasel5

Is he another Ginger twat

BadPickle
37 minutes ago, Wrist-Tickler said:

...for me anyway.  Wrist-Tickler.   Seemed like a good idea at the time- a little creepy though.  No worries, I'm a safe creeper (said every creeper ever!). 

About me:

• Very handsome
  • Awesome sense of humor
  • Been doing the rep thing for a long time, went through a divorce which liquidated all my reps, equipment, but boosted my self-esteem after realizing I'm way better than what my ex-wife told me I was, so there's a plus!
  • Moved and recently got remarried to an amazing woman who's looks are waaaaaay past my pay grade, and she's much younger... go me!
  • I'm a store manager of a hardware store
  • Have decent Photoshop skills
  • Looking to get back into not just buying reps but modding reps
  • Started looking into Seiko reps.  Why??? Because I work in a hardware store and love to wear watches but don't want to beat the crap out of a nice Rolly Deepsea or Breitling.  Been following Seiko pages on the Facebook and all the mods being done.  Besides, when's the last time you heard of someone being called out on a fake Seiko?  Ever heard someone say they didn't make it like that?  With all the custom dials, bezels, hands blah blah blah that these guys oh and ah over, it's a safe way to play and have fun without judgement.
  • I don't care for people who post negative opinions in the sense that they are overly critical of the efforts of others,  try to be positive and supportive, . 
  • I'll try to contribute as best as I can- hopefully you'll like having me around.  If you don't, well then you're a stick in the mud and we'd never be friends anyway.
  • If you're reading this far,  a bonus about me is that I have a great friend who is a reputable  jeweler who is great at repairing watches.  I've discussed this with him and his attitude is a watch is a watch.  His jewelry business is closed because it's deemed non-essential so the benefit of working in his shop on watch repairs is a great option for him.  Should there be any question about his authenticity or pedigree I'd be happy to share details.  He went to school for watch repair and did it primarily for many years before the opportunity to open his fine jewelry store.
  • Thanks for letting me in...

yeah you say all this now, but once you’ve been here a while and got a feel for the place, you’re mind will become a tangled mess of spaghetti, you’ll lose your job through lack of interest, because all your focus will be on the latest Hulk V12.5 with black hole cyclops and double ar and checking tracking numbers, anothe divorce on the horizon then  you’ll become as big a  twat as #1 & #3 

welcome to the forum :D 

• Like 1

FunnyStarSystem
35 minutes ago, TheGingerFerret said:

I think his punishment should be to immediately be sent into M2M and forced to impulse buy. 

Are you Stateside @Wrist-Tickler?

And welcome!

Jibuti
Just now, TheGingerFerret said:

Is this a quiz? If so, too easy; @Junior88

stupid sod-who will tow your car after that? junior will hate you...

Wrist-Tickler

Yes, I'm stateside, I live in NY... having the time of my life for sure! 

As far as John the Watchsmith goes, I knew that I was going out on a limb mentioning him but he and his fiancee just had a baby boy.  This was the worst time for his store to get shut down and he's a dear friend of mine.  I'm willing to do anything I can to help him out.  Little known fact: he became ordained just to marry my wife and I! 

Wrist-Tickler
40 minutes ago, pickledbeetroot said:

yeah you say all this now, but once you’ve been here a while and got a feel for the place, you’re mind will become a tangled mess of spaghetti, you’ll lose your job through lack of interest, because all your focus will be on the latest Hulk V12.5 with black hole cyclops and double ar and checking tracking numbers, anothe divorce on the horizon then  you’ll become as big a  twat as #1 & #3 

welcome to the forum :D 

LMAO!  The wife just walked by me spending time on the forum and sounded annoyed I'm not spending time with her.... yeah... it's going to be an adventure.

FunnyStarSystem
7 minutes ago, Wrist-Tickler said:

Yes, I'm stateside, I live in NY... having the time of my life for sure! 

As far as John the Watchsmith goes, I knew that I was going out on a limb mentioning him but he and his fiancee just had a baby boy.  This was the worst time for his store to get shut down and he's a dear friend of mine.  I'm willing to do anything I can to help him out.  Little known fact: he became ordained just to marry my wife and I! 

I live in the NYC, but I'm stuck out on the West Coast presently - where in NY?

As for the jeweler offer, I'm sure you're being altruistic towards your friend, but tread lightly on here lest they pour gasoline on you! Maybe ask a mod how to proceed with that.

rikracy

@Wrist-Tickler

And so it "begins":D

6 minutes ago, Wrist-Tickler said:

LMAO!  The wife just walked by me spending time on the forum and sounded annoyed I'm not spending time with her.... yeah... it's going to be an adventure.

:D

Edited by rikracy

BadPickle
26 minutes ago, Wrist-Tickler said:

:lmao:

I speak for many members here when I say.... welcome to my world :D 

RussP

You may be a tad too sophisticated for this forum.

I for one believe that the general IQ level has lifted a notch since your introductory post :D.

As for the rep-friendly watch smith, mine's named Paul.

Wonder if anyone knows of a George and Ringo? :band:

Wrist-Tickler
1 hour ago, funnystarsystem said:

I live in the NYC, but I'm stuck out on the West Coast presently - where in NY?

As for the jeweler offer, I'm sure you're being altruistic towards your friend, but tread lightly on here lest they pour gasoline on you! Maybe ask a mod how to proceed with that.

I live outside of Middletown, NY.  I’m sure you’ll appreciate how much I’m not looking forward to the Curios Joel people coming out to spend their summers in their bungalows in Ulster County  ugh!

FunnyStarSystem
3 hours ago, Wrist-Tickler said:

I live outside of Middletown, NY.  I’m sure you’ll appreciate how much I’m not looking forward to the Curios Joel people coming out to spend their summers in their bungalows in Ulster County  ugh!

Lol, I know more about the Satmar than I'd like. They sure do enjoy their Honda Odysseys! :D

The myth in Brooklyn is that one of them owns a Honda dealership somewhere upstate, you wouldn't know about that, would you?!?

Pretty up there.