Genuine Watch Wrist Check For April 2020

RussP

49822681948_f176fccf93_b.jpg

• Like 5

RussP
10 hours ago, cvp3 said:

Next.......just don't want to pay $400+

s-l500.jpg

If you're hankering after one in immaculate condition, please drop me a PM.

I'd be happy to sell it to you for less than the price you see them around the place.

Russ.

• Like 1

FunnyStarSystem

I am so appreciative that Hamilton made this in 42 so us Sasquatches could enjoy wearing a simple, vintage design like we lust over in half of Russ's posts. Thanks Hamilton!

Q8LL3.jpg

Q82Gn.jpg

• Like 7

cvp3

@RussP

Damn Russ, you baiting me? LOL 

I've been a little too productive this week with over $800 in purchases. I really need to sell a few before I just in the deep end again. 

RussP
40 minutes ago, cvp3 said:

@RussP

Damn Russ, you baiting me? LOL 

I've been a little too productive this week with over $800 in purchases. I really need to sell a few before I just in the deep end again. 

Not baiting anyone.

I've spent over $1K and have 3 items still on their way in the mail.

• Like 1

Chixisigma

Seiko Flighty SNA411

20200427-104353.jpg

Cxs

• Like 4

BackInHisBox

For the evening tonight. It’s genuine, but a genuine what I’m not exactly sure. I got it from Poljot24. The guy that runs it says he doesn’t buy a lot of Chinese watches, it’s mostly Russian, but those he does he’s very selective with. He calls this a Roter Stern (aka Red Star). Not really sure if that’s the brand or not and I can’t read the Asian script on the back of it so your guess is as good as mine. The rotor whirls very nice and freely and has excellent pearlaging. Only gripe is that the date wheel doesn’t properly align with the window, but it’s not horrible enough I can’t read it. Anyway, really wish I’d gotten the cream dial instead, too much black and I’m really bored with it. Hope you like...

Q8McF.jpg Q8umt.jpg

• Like 9

BackInHisBox
4 minutes ago, Chixisigma said:

Seiko Flighty SNA411

20200427-104353.jpg

Cxs

Had to have one a long time ago, bought it and couldn’t bond with it at all. I love busy dials but not that busy! Lol

My girl fell in love with it so I gave it her. Now she wears it, among many others of mine I couldn’t bond with, with pride!

Love the black with yellow combo, but the white one with blue is ever better!!! And that’s one of Seikos nicest bracelets too!

Faker
4 minutes ago, BeyondTheBox said:

For the evening tonight. It’s genuine, but a genuine what I’m not exactly sure. I got it from Poljot24. The guy that runs it says he doesn’t buy a lot of Chinese watches, it’s mostly Russian, but those he does he’s very selective with. He calls this a Roter Stern (aka Red Star). Not really sure if that’s the brand or not and I can’t read the Asian script on the back of it so your guess is as good as mine. The rotor whirls very nice and freely and has excellent pearlaging. Only gripe is that the date wheel doesn’t properly align with the window, but it’s not horrible enough I can’t read it. Anyway, really wish I’d gotten the cream dial instead, too much black and I’m really bored with it. Hope you like...

Q8McF.jpg

That’s a really cool looking caseback

• Like 1

Chixisigma
18 minutes ago, BeyondTheBox said:

Had to have one a long time ago, bought it and couldn’t bond with it at all. I love busy dials but not that busy! Lol

My girl fell in love with it so I gave it her. Now she wears it, among many others of mine I couldn’t bond with, with pride!

Love the black with yellow combo, but the white one with blue is ever better!!! And that’s one of Seikos nicest bracelets too!

So it's a girls watch? Gotcha! Haha

The blue flighty is rare as hens teeth now and VERY expensive. I have 3 aftermarket straps incoming. 1 x silicone, 2 x MN style. Do quite like the OEM bracelet tho

Cheers,

• Like 1

BackInHisBox
Just now, Chixisigma said:

The blue flighty is rare as hens teeth now and VERY expensive. I have 3 aftermarket straps incoming. 1 x silicone, 2 x MN style. Do quite like the OEM bracelet tho

Cheers,

Not at all my girl’s just got good taste, other than her picking me of course.

Intresting
30 minutes ago, BeyondTheBox said:

Q8McF.jpg Q8umt.jpg

Looks Ruskie with Hammer and Sickle on the needle end.  Made by the Chinese for Ruskie army?  But the red star is Chinese.  Joint exercise?  IWC Portuguese layout for dial.   Date is in keeping with the leftist philosophy  :rofl:  Cream may make the red star pop.   Interesting. 

• Like 1

BackInHisBox
Just now, Chixisigma said:

Cheers,

Not at all my girl’s just got good taste, other than her picking me of course.

BackInHisBox
22 minutes ago, Intresting said:

Looks Ruskie with Hammer and Sickle on the needle end.  Made by the Chinese for Ruskie army?  But the red star is Chinese.  Joint exercise?  IWC Portuguese layout for dial.   Date is in keeping with the leftist philosophy  :rofl:  Cream may make the red star pop.   Interesting. 

I thought the Portuguese subdials were top and bottom, not left and right.

Yeah this thing is really an oddity, but the Chinese and Vietnamese communist parties both use the hammer and sickle emblem for symbols, so I think it’s just simple Chinese in every way. Just sold by a Russian website internationally, I’m sure it can be found in China somewhere also.

MrZoSo

c34b3b85879a9194342515a4b67d77b1.jpg

Sent from my SM-S205DL using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Intresting
1 hour ago, BeyondTheBox said:

I thought the Portuguese subdials were top and bottom, not left and right.

Yeah this thing is really an oddity, but the Chinese and Vietnamese communist parties both use the hammer and sickle emblem for symbols, so I think it’s just simple Chinese in every way. Just sold by a Russian website internationally, I’m sure it can be found in China somewhere also.

the 7 days 5007 series is left and right, with the date at the 6 too.      Evidently if you trace back far enough Vietnam was part of China.   The chinese translation of Vietnam is South of the state or kingdom of Nan.  

• Like 1

brang1

Because you just never know you may take a 2klm stroll undersea

Qrhgv.jpg

• Like 7

Popperini
4 hours ago, BeyondTheBox said:

Yeah, it can probably be found in China, for $60. I love the last line of the description on the site: “An impressive, mechanical automatic chronograph with many details - at a very interesting price!”
For “interesting” read “piss-taking”... :D 

paccbet

A249E6B3-B0DC-4045-9AE5-9E6FCE356F5F6aad

How about them midsize divers?

• Like 5

mr3radley

Screenshot-20200427-124517.jpg

Does it count if its the Mrs rolex on my wrist? :D

• Like 2

BackInHisBox
8 hours ago, Popperini said:

Yeah, it can probably be found in China, for $60. I love the last line of the description on the site: “An impressive, mechanical automatic chronograph with many details - at a very interesting price!”
For “interesting” read “piss-taking”... :D 

Maybe, but I don’t live in China and prefer not to play the game of “could’ve, should’ve, or would’ve”. It’s a fair price to me, for any automatic, but especially an automatic chronograph with nice finishing on the movement and fine detailing on the dial. The lume is also excellent!

Besides, when I’m paying  upwards of $450 for a three hand replica there’s really no room for judgement on any auto chronograph original. I mean really,  many of us pay double this for three hand no name kickstarters with basic NH movements in them. lol

sometimes I look back and laugh at myself for how I’ve spent my money. Like a $3000 Seiko marine master spring drive gmt. What a waste, hated that hideous watch. But this thing at a tenth that, nah... worth it at double the price!

• Like 1

Popperini
5 minutes ago, BeyondTheBox said:

Maybe, but I don’t live in China and prefer not to play the game of “could’ve, should’ve, or would’ve”. It’s a fair price to me, for any automatic, but especially an automatic chronograph with nice finishing on the movement and fine detailing on the dial. The lume is also excellent!

Besides, when I’m paying  upwards of $450 for a three hand replica there’s really no room for judgement on any auto chronograph original. I mean really,  many of us pay double this for three hand no name kickstarters with basic NH movements in them. lol

sometimes I look back and laugh at myself for how I’ve spent my money. Like a $3000 Seiko marine master spring drive gmt. What a waste, hated that hideous watch. But this thing at a tenth that, nah... worth it at double the price!

I completely agree BTB, you're right of course. And I've happily spent upwards of $700 on a Chinese copy of a Rolex.

It was the specific phrase "interesting price" that made me LOL, that's all!

• Like 1

BackInHisBox

Without photobucket watermarks...

Qw1xL.jpg QwyXQ.jpg

• Like 4

wolfpacker

QwnUR.jpg

• Like 2

Thommo82

Think I’ll give this one last outing before it goes up on M2M. 
Been a bit slack on here of late sorry @RussP. Guess I better get a few new watches to flaunt here

43164-E6-C-0-BB6-4806-9-A94-66-EE39036-C

• Like 3