Sign in to follow this  
borut_pisk

Paypal conversions, new layout. Please help!

borut_pisk

Hi there.

Anyone recently got a payment in different currency that is not your home currency (example: got payment in USD while your state currency is EUR)?

I saw now that Paypal habe changed their layout and now I can't find the options where I can change the currency coverting, to set up that my bank makes the conversion, not the Paypal.

This "old" way doesn't work anymore:

https://www.gamedealscanada.com/2018/06/27/changing-paypals-default-currency-conversion-option/

Anyone have this same issue? Can you please provide me with new instructions?

Thanks.

GenTLe

I did a test transaction this morning and I still have all the previous possibilities: 1st select pay with card and then I can change from "currency conversion with paypal" to "...with card issuer".

Maybe it's still valid in Italy and not elsewhere...

tribefan

The buyer decides the currency conversion and the transfer is done in the seller currency. If I am buying in USD and the seller only accepts GBP, let say 100 GBP, the seller will get 100 GBP and I will be charged whatever the USD rate at the time of the conversion.

Default is always paydicks conversion and their conversion rates and transfer fees are outrageous. As a buyer, you have to switch the currency conversion on the transaction to have your card do the conversion. You cannot setup paypal to have your card do the conversion by default. You won't know how much USD is charged until the bank posts the transaction because the seller will get $100 GBP. I always use my bank card to do the conversion and it is always, always, always way less, whole percentage points, not basis points, less than paydicks.

As a seller or receiver, if you did not receive the full amount in your default currency it is because the buyer did not transfer enough money, or the buyer chose purchase protection, or you sold in the wrong currency. If you sell a piece for $100 USD and only accept GBP, you are going to get what you get after the conversion. 

TW is a way, way better option.