Sign in to follow this  
KinCaidk

Narikaa 42,5 Planet Ocean

KinCaidk

Just got this yesterday.

Overall I am impressed with the overall quality.

For $113 including shipping, I must say that this is great.

Acutally I really like this watch and have a feeling that this will get plenty of wrist time.

I might mod it with longer hands though, but it's nothing critical.

The pearl is quite good, the He valve is almost correct, the finish is great, the bracelet feels solid.

I had to adjust the clasp spring when it arrived, but this only takes 5 minutes.

The seconds hand might be a bit to bright red on the tip, but I am not sure of this as it's been a while since I saw a gen.

IMAG0006.jpg

More pics later when I my brother gets around to do a little photoshoot :lol:

edit: Almost forgot.. Reg sent me 4 spring bars for my SMP free of charge. That's great service, as I didn't even get that watch from him.

greg_r

hmm - gen ray-bans? :lol:

Not my kinda thing, but looks pretty good for the dough. Wear it well! :lol:

oscarmadfish

i like it

KinCaidk
hmm - gen ray-bans? :lol:

Not my kinda thing, but looks pretty good for the dough. Wear it well! :lol:

I have no idea if the Ray Bans are gen. I got them from ebay form Malaysia, so they're probably not.

I own 2 pair gen Ray Bans bought in USA and in Denmark, and I can honestly not see even the slightest difference from the ones I got of ebay.

greg_r
hmm - gen ray-bans? B)

Not my kinda thing, but looks pretty good for the dough. Wear it well! :thumbsup:

I have no idea if the Ray Bans are gen. I got them from ebay form Malaysia, so they're probably not.

I own 2 pair gen Ray Bans bought in USA and in Denmark, and I can honestly not see even the slightest difference from the ones I got of ebay.

hehe - well if they're rep they look pretty good. I recently bought a new gen pair myself - I've been wearing Aviators for years and my last pair had just gotten to the point where they were scratched to hell...

KinCaidk
hmm - gen ray-bans? B)

Not my kinda thing, but looks pretty good for the dough. Wear it well! :thumbsup:

hehe - well if they're rep they look pretty good. I recently bought a new gen pair myself - I've been wearing Aviators for years and my last pair had just gotten to the point where they were scratched to hell...

I love my Aviators:

1 - Silver mirrored glass / Silver

2 - Green glass / Gold

3 - Gold mirrored glass / Gold (possible reps)

I wear them with everything... even a suit. B)

greg_r
I love my Aviators:

1 - Silver mirrored glass / Silver

2 - Green glass / Gold

3 - Gold mirrored glass / Gold (possible reps)

I wear them with everything... even a suit. :thumbsup:

They're best with a suit! B)

I stick to the silver mirrored versions - colour shifts bug me and the silver mirrors are about the most neutral of all of the varieties. I wear 'em mainly for driving.

mtt.tr

i think they are fantastic

but the watch is great i wouldn't mind one myself

KBH

KinCaidk, Nice watch. I got the same one and it's one of my favorites. I like it more on the Narikaa rubber strap though. I wish there was a way to take the HE valve out so I could sand it down a little. To me that's the biggest tell.

By the way it's pretty waterproof. I've been swimming with it a couple of times. No problem.

KinCaidk

KBH> You're right... The HE valve is to "tall"

bene3

Very nice purchase, and those glasses are fantastic. I love aviators myself.

landwomble

soak the bracelet in baby oil / silicone lube overnight and pad dry with paper towels, it makes it feel much nicer...

prestigewatchco

These have been a huge seller and a great budget buy also the quartz chrono version is great. The He valve is a little long on these and the hands a touch short on the 45mm but all in all great value.

Sunglasses I recently bought a pair of Oakley gen from a shop I have never really been into sunglasses and only ever bought rep ones in the past.

Lately though I seem to be effected by the sun when driving so I bought a pair can't believe what a difference it makes all those years of squinting and $150 would have avoided it!