museguy

Favorite Replica in your Collection ?

BravoDelta
2 hours ago, museguy said:

Hi @BravoDelta

Thank you for sharing.  Beautiful watch !

What factory is your black Breitling SuperOcean Heritage ?

Cheers

It is the GF 42mm version :thumbsup2:

• Like 1

Bbsee
17 hours ago, Intresting said:

Old   and...

BkZn2.jpg

Just ordered one of these bad boys, looks lovely!

Is this BP factory by any chance?

• Like 2

Intresting
4 minutes ago, Bbsee said:

Just ordered one of these bad boys, looks lovely!

Is this BP factory by any chance?

It is from Kuvarsit.  Supposed to be a hand made version. 

Jibuti

20170807-104132.jpg

• Like 1

Bbsee
41 minutes ago, Intresting said:

It is from Kuvarsit.  Supposed to be a hand made version. 

That may explain why the lume is brighter than I had imagined it would be.

Intresting
7 minutes ago, Bbsee said:

That may explain why the lume is brighter than I had imagined it would be.

This is the link if you are interested.   But they are not my go-to TDs

http://kuvarsit06.com/gmt-master-ii-6542-vintage-black-red-bacalite-bezel-ss-case-1-1-best-edition-on-oyster-bracelet-a2836-custom-hand-made-watch/

Jasonbaylee
Old   and...
BkZn2.jpg
the new

BkjsE.jpg

Lovely hulk bezel ! Any detail on this? Thx

Intresting
1 hour ago, Jasonbaylee said:

Lovely hulk bezel ! Any detail on this? Thx

ZZF v2.   they selling the V2 plus now.  Supposed to be a "more accurate bezeI".  MO its just a marketing ploy to bump up the price by $80 or so.  Same thing.   ZZF have realised their LN and LV an be more than a match for the typical ARF/Noob heavyweights.  But hey,  the sub is probably the most repped watch in the world.   Everyone has an opinion.  As long as you like, stuff the rest :)

Mrluwin
On 22/04/2020 at 07:02, museguy said:

Dear @Mrluwin

How are you ?  I still go back to your Mr Luwin's Collection  for reference, you have excellent taste !

If you have time, would you please post your favorite replica ?

Thank you !

I really don’t have a favourite, the watch I wear on a given day very much depends on my mood and what I have planned that said my black sub tends to get a lot of wrist time probably due to versatility and fantastic time keeping and my black bay GMT for the same reasons  

• Like 2

KarmaToBurn

I've sold of half my reps since the beginning of the year but I still have a bunch. I will always love my B&R 02. When I first started collecting I had never even heard of the brand lol.

&title=KarmaToBurn's%20End%20Of%20The%20

• Like 2

Dorian84

my Pam Fiddy 127 noob for sure

P3A7M2

7e6be7069a6527fa1bb7726549f993e5.jpg

These both

• Like 2

BackInHisBox
12 hours ago, P3A7M2 said:

7e6be7069a6527fa1bb7726549f993e5.jpg

These both

Love the denim strap! Not I want that!!! To die for. Where’d you get the strap from?

• Like 1

Dawg

I have come to the stage - after years of buying and selling, that the 13 reps and gens in my collection are all favourites. I experience this interesting phenomenon now : whichever one I am wearing becomes my favourite and I wear it for a week. I don’t feel like taking it off, but when I change, I experience the same range of emotions with the next one !

• Like 4

Aramis2288

(VS) Planet Ocean 600M Omega Co‑Axial Master Chronometer GMT 45.5 MM - Deep Black / Sedna Gold:

Full Ceramic (ZrO2) case, caseback and dial, 18k gold plated He Escape valve, crown and bezel. The newest and the best piece in my collection - sourced by one and only @Mary Watch

QFsDb.gif

QF4si.jpg QFw9X.jpg QFkKc.jpg

Edited by Aramis2288
  • Like 4

P3A7M2
Love the denim strap! Not I want that!!! To die for. Where’d you get the strap from?

Thanx! It’s a Canvas by Mays. www.mays-berlin.com
  • Like 1

museguy
On 27/04/2020 at 16:58, Mrluwin said:

I really don’t have a favourite, the watch I wear on a given day very much depends on my mood and what I have planned that said my black sub tends to get a lot of wrist time probably due to versatility and fantastic time keeping and my black bay GMT for the same reasons  

Hi @Mrluwin

Thank you for the reply !

I believe you have the ARF 2824 sub, I think I have to get one.

Which factory Black Bay GMT do you have ?  Thank you !

Cheers

Edited by museguy
added text

BackInHisBox
On 21/04/2020 at 22:23, museguy said:

Hi All,

How are you ?  I find it helpful for my piece of mind to have the distractions of replica watches.

So far I have purchased three (3) replica watches, an ARF Oyster Perpetual dark Rhodium, Blue IWC Ingenieur Vintage Sport For Good, and a Black ZF Fifty Fathoms (stem pulled out in the first week). 

The watch that I liked the least at first, has become the watch that I wear the most.  Have grown to love the ARF Oyster Perpetual dark rhodium.  Love the bracelet and the clasp, love the feel of the watch more than any of the particular details, it just feels correct. 

I like:

• It is low profile, no seems to know the watch or that it is a Rolex replica, which I love
  • Love the clasp, it is just so well made
  • The stainless steel is beautiful, the finishing and the feel of the watch and the bracelet. 

ARF Oyster Perpetual dark rhodium:

K5cYs.jpg

What is your favorite replica ?  Please include factory information.

Hope people don't mind that I posted the same question in the sister forum and have enjoyed learning from others.

Cheers !

Stay well

That’s gorgeous but I really dislike the odd and unfitting blue specks begins the hour marks. Just doesn’t flow at all. Does the gen have that? And why?

Edited by BeyondTheBox

Popperini
2 hours ago, BeyondTheBox said:

That’s gorgeous but I really dislike the odd and unfitting blue specks begins the hour marks. Just doesn’t flow at all. Does the gen have that? And why?

There's no accounting for taste... :) For me, the blue hour marker dots make this dial really sing. And yes, the gen has them.

• Like 1

Aramis2288
5 hours ago, BeyondTheBox said:

I actually think it looks really good. Same colour scheme as Rollie Yachtmaster with grey rhodium dial and light blue seconds hand, just in a more simplistic package.

• Like 1

SteveA

QcWcQ.jpg

• Like 2

BackInHisBox
6 hours ago, Popperini said:

There's no accounting for taste... :) For me, the blue hour marker dots make this dial really sing. And yes, the gen has them.

3 hours ago, Aramis2288 said:

I actually think it looks really good. Same colour scheme as Rollie Yachtmaster with grey rhodium dial and light blue seconds hand, just in a more simplistic package.

What’s the purpose? Is it just simply for aesthetic, are they lumed? They just seem so very out of place. I love of color seconds hand. Those lend a nice contrast to an otherwise boring color scheme usually, but these just strikes me so very very differently and wrong.

Also just noticed the hour hand alignment is off. It showed as just past 4 o’clock but the minute hand hasn’t reached the full hour rotation quite yet. I’ve never noticed that in a watch before. Really hope that’s not the start of a new trend for me. I detest picky people! Lol

Edited by BeyondTheBox
  • Like 2

Popperini
18 minutes ago, BeyondTheBox said:

What’s the purpose? Is it just simply for aesthetic, are they lumed? They just seem so very out of place. I love of color seconds hand. Those lend a nice contrast to an otherwise boring color scheme usually, but these just strikes me so very very differently and wrong.

The blue accents aren't lumed, they are just for aesthetics. I love strong functionality in a watch, but can go for a bit of frivolity too.

20 minutes ago, BeyondTheBox said:

Also just noticed the hour hand alignment is off. It showed as just past 4 o’clock but the minute hand hasn’t reached the full hour rotation quite yet. I’ve never noticed that in a watch before. Really hope that’s not the start of a new trend for me. I detest picky people! Lol

Hehe - I agree that could really do with sorting out! If it was mine I'd have it apart, hands off, and something important broken in no time.

• Like 2

museguy
1 hour ago, Popperini said:

Hehe - I agree that could really do with sorting out! If it was mine I'd have it apart, hands off, and something important broken in no time.

Hi @Popperini

You know me well ! 

I have a broken Fifty Fathoms sitting on my desk that I tried to "adjust".  I will wait until after COVID-19 to have several items of mine "adjusted".

Cheers

• Like 1

museguy
1 hour ago, BeyondTheBox said:

K5cYs.jpg

Hi @BeyondTheBox

Funny I have been wearing the watch for three months and never noticed. 

I enjoy when others can point out details that I can't see, one fun part of this hobby.

Cheers

Edited by museguy
  • Like 1