BadApple

WHERE'S MY WATCH !!!!

altoronto

Did anyone buy a watch from Cindy (dhgate, noobwatch store) if so, what is your experience?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bill_C

Nope, I stick with the few known good ones. Anyone with a name like that and so few transactions is a red flag. Those prices for a Gate watch are insane as well. Not sure what you're looking at buying, but anything more than $100-$125 usd or so on the Gate is a gamble. $200-300 or more and you should shopping with a TD. Heck, you should be shopping with a TD anyway, but for a knock about cheapie sub-$100 the Gate is fine.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

RLR267

My  USPS delivery driver is too stupid to breath and deliver packages at the same time.   I have been tracking my first Rep (have another picked out but wanted to do one at a time).  It left Hong Kong a few days after I placed the order.  Less than 14 days from order it has cleared customs in Chicago.  Great, I think.  It somehow cleared customs but takes several days to leave the airport.  Then it finally makes it to the main Post Office Sorting Facility near Dallas, Texas where it takes a couple days to process.  Friday morning I see 6:10 am, out for delivery and my zip code.  Even better, I can wear it to dinner tonight with friends I am meeting.  Mailman never shows up and Saturday morning, tracking says "March 19, 2021 at 6:34 pm  Moved, Left no Address".  WTF?

Saturday I go to Post Office - it is closed.  Today (Monday) I am there when it opens.  I am told it is being returned to sender, should have contacted us on Friday.  WTF again?  So I start calling, apparently once a package is marked Return to Sender in the US, that puppy is GONE!  I did use a TD, I sent him an e-mail this morning as soon as I got back from Post Office advising what happened and that I do want the watch and I did not refuse it, this was a post office issue.

What should I expect from here?  Has anyone experienced this?  FYI - similar problem with Christmas gifts, postman refused to deliver and sent back every box that would not fit inside the mailbox.  I eventually got all presents (Last one in time for Valentine's day) .

GenTLe

What lazy ass postman you have there.

Here in north IT now they are good, all relatively young, all with a university master degree (yes, now they need that to allow you to be a postman) and they know that if I'm not at home, they can just leave the parcel inside the external gate and be done with it.

And it works very well :)

FunnyStarSystem
10 hours ago, RLR267 said:

My  USPS delivery driver is too stupid to breath and deliver packages at the same time.   I have been tracking my first Rep (have another picked out but wanted to do one at a time).  It left Hong Kong a few days after I placed the order.  Less than 14 days from order it has cleared customs in Chicago.  Great, I think.  It somehow cleared customs but takes several days to leave the airport.  Then it finally makes it to the main Post Office Sorting Facility near Dallas, Texas where it takes a couple days to process.  Friday morning I see 6:10 am, out for delivery and my zip code.  Even better, I can wear it to dinner tonight with friends I am meeting.  Mailman never shows up and Saturday morning, tracking says "March 19, 2021 at 6:34 pm  Moved, Left no Address".  WTF?

Saturday I go to Post Office - it is closed.  Today (Monday) I am there when it opens.  I am told it is being returned to sender, should have contacted us on Friday.  WTF again?  So I start calling, apparently once a package is marked Return to Sender in the US, that puppy is GONE!  I did use a TD, I sent him an e-mail this morning as soon as I got back from Post Office advising what happened and that I do want the watch and I did not refuse it, this was a post office issue.

What should I expect from here?  Has anyone experienced this?  FYI - similar problem with Christmas gifts, postman refused to deliver and sent back every box that would not fit inside the mailbox.  I eventually got all presents (Last one in time for Valentine's day) .

Ugh, I feel for you. What I believe happened is in an attempt to get rid of  this outstanding package (so he wouldn't have to attempt delivery again) he marked it in such a way that it could be officially taken from him. Chances are he didn't complete his rounds (do you get your mail late afternoon usually?) and just wanted to be done. I live on the end of a carrier route and it is really a nightmare because if it's been a heavy day or they aren't feeling good or whatever, you just don't get mail that day. Do you have Informed Delivery? I signed up for that and now if my mail doesn't come I can immediately flag it, and that seems to have worked after a few months. If it's a valuable package though, I make sure delivery is not through my local carrier but some other express service. Of course that can be a crap shoot as well as FedEx has recently demonstrated it's possibly even more inept than USPS with International Express, but I digress.

RLR267

No mail that day.  I am not sure what time the carrier arrives, but the time stamp on the tracking says 6:35 PM.  I have no clue if that is when it is back at the hub or if they have the ability to do this in the truck.

Right now I am waiting on a response from TD,  It is not his fault and any effort will be a credit towards good customer service.   It is just a watch, but I was really looking forward to getting it - my life is no worse off if I have to wait longer but disappointment sucks.

• Like 1

FunnyStarSystem
17 minutes ago, RLR267 said:

No mail that day.  I am not sure what time the carrier arrives, but the time stamp on the tracking says 6:35 PM.  I have no clue if that is when it is back at the hub or if they have the ability to do this in the truck.

Right now I am waiting on a response from TD,  It is not his fault and any effort will be a credit towards good customer service.   It is just a watch, but I was really looking forward to getting it - my life is no worse off if I have to wait longer but disappointment sucks.

They carry scanners so it sounds like he was ready to knock off for the day, and not only did your package not make the cut, he decided to punt it. It really does suck, you'd think they'd have some way to recall it. But yeah, patience is the name of the game in both reps and dealing with the USPS :D 

Intresting

fess up the measly fees for VIP.  Then you get access to the DHGate for all the dets and experience.  

RLR267

It has been one month today - Watch is still lost.  It went from Texas to California and has not been seen since.  TD did respond - I am accepting language barriers and lost in translation as the culprit for the next statement -  I asked if he had an agent in California or if he knew why it went to California, his response was simply that he will advise when it gets back to his possession.  So far, no response.  

There are competing thoughts here:  "squeaky wheel gets the grease" vs. "annoying customer gets pushed to the back of the line until he shuts up".  How long is long enough to ping TD with a request for update?  And if anyone has ever been through this, does the tracking system keep track until it gets back to China or when it was marked "delivered to original sender" did that stop all tracking updates?  I am presuming the latter but if someone knows better, please advise.

So, next conundrum is:  wait until this is settled before ordering another watch;  or go ahead and pull the trigger on another so I at least have something to wear.  If the latter, I hate to run to another TD, I want this one feeling the customer loyalty, but it was my first purchase of a Rep . . . .  I have gotten a sense that most members find a TD they like, and as long as that TD can source the desired watches stay loyal and build trust.  How many of you buy from more than one TD?

tribefan
1 hour ago, RLR267 said:

It has been one month today - Watch is still lost.  It went from Texas to California and has not been seen since.  TD did respond - I am accepting language barriers and lost in translation as the culprit for the next statement -  I asked if he had an agent in California or if he knew why it went to California, his response was simply that he will advise when it gets back to his possession.  So far, no response.  

There are competing thoughts here:  "squeaky wheel gets the grease" vs. "annoying customer gets pushed to the back of the line until he shuts up".  How long is long enough to ping TD with a request for update?  And if anyone has ever been through this, does the tracking system keep track until it gets back to China or when it was marked "delivered to original sender" did that stop all tracking updates?  I am presuming the latter but if someone knows better, please advise.

So, next conundrum is:  wait until this is settled before ordering another watch;  or go ahead and pull the trigger on another so I at least have something to wear.  If the latter, I hate to run to another TD, I want this one feeling the customer loyalty, but it was my first purchase of a Rep . . . .  I have gotten a sense that most members find a TD they like, and as long as that TD can source the desired watches stay loyal and build trust.  How many of you buy from more than one TD?

Your issue is with USPS not the TD. Personally, I don't see how they could get away with fraudulently marking return to sender, moved, if you haven't moved. And I don't buy that they can't re-route a package, they can pretty much do what they want and can run a trace on exactly where those packages are at. Maybe it's different in Texas, but that would not have happened here. And if one of them tried to snowball me covering for their carrier, I would have driven five miles down the road to the next PO and reported it.

You can use whatever TD you'd like to place another order. Some folks only buy from one, and swear by the one, some use multiple TD's for lots of different reasons. The issue you have is finding alternatives to USPS. The Feds have done their best to fuck up the PO for sure, but it sounds like you have a special case of fucked-up-ness down there.

18 U.S. Code § 1703 - Delay or destruction of mail or newspapers 

(a)
Whoever, being a Postal Service officer or employee, unlawfully secretes, destroys, detains, delays, or opens any letter, postal card, package, bag, or mail entrusted to him or which shall come into his possession, and which was intended to be conveyed by mail, or carried or delivered by any carrier or other employee of the Postal Service, or forwarded through or delivered from any post office or station thereof established by authority of the Postmaster General or the Postal Service, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than five years, or both.
(b)
Whoever, being a Postal Service officer or employee, improperly detains, delays, or destroys any newspaper, or permits any other person to detain, delay, or destroy the same, or opens, or permits any other person to open, any mail or package of newspapers not directed to the office where he is employed; or

Whoever, without authority, opens, or destroys any mail or package of newspapers not directed to him, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than one year, or both.

(June 25, 1948, ch. 645, 62 Stat. 778; May 24, 1949, ch. 139, § 37, 63 Stat. 95; Pub. L. 91–375, § 6(j)(16), Aug. 12, 1970, 84 Stat. 778; Pub. L. 103–322, title XXXIII, § 330016(1)(B), (G), Sept. 13, 1994, 108 Stat. 2146, 2147.
  • Like 1

RLR267

I reported the guy, I got a call from someone claiming to be the supervisor who demanded to see my lease and proof I lived at my address.  I filed a written complaint and I called the local Postal Inspector General.  They closed ranks.  Said it was not their fault because my name was not written inside the mail box.  WTF?  Since when do I, or anyone else for that matter, have the duty to write my name inside the mailbox?  FYI - now my License to Carry (which I renewed in February) is lost in the mail too.   I have to call DPS to get it reissued.

TD has been sympathetic and responds to my inquiries - I have reached out 3 times since this started, he responded that it is enroute back to him with no ETA.  I know it is not his fault but I am out of patience.  Bad experience with my first Rep, not exactly looking forward to trying again. I had picked out three I wanted, now I am thinking I can  just add cash and pick one Gen and call it done.

Glaude
1 hour ago, RLR267 said:

my name was not written inside the mail box.  WTF?

First time I ever heard of something like that, it doesn't even make sense, the name is on the outside, if the name matches, you open the box and deliver, if not, you move along, I don't see what the name inside would change! 

RLR267
On 07/06/2021 at 12:12, Glaude said:

First time I ever heard of something like that, it doesn't even make sense, the name is on the outside, if the name matches, you open the box and deliver, if not, you move along, I don't see what the name inside would change! 

I agree with you Claude.  

It has been nearly 4 months now, still no idea where the watch is located but Andy contacted me and said it is supposedly in the mail chain to him, he is sending a replacement rather than wait longer for the package to arrive in his hands.  (Benefits of dealing with a TD).  Meanwhile I have moved (just this weekend) so I hope my new postal delivery person is more adept at making deliveries.

RLR267

Good news - it finally arrived.  Bad news - it will definitely be my one and only rep.  I will accept it was a series of bad timing and unusual events but a 4-year old that has only seen a Gen once in a movie could pick this thing out as a fake.  It is not a replica, it is an out and out fake.

Now I do want to say, the TD still has not gotten the first watch back, and after 4 months, he sourced a replacement at his expense and shipped - unfortunate timing - he sourced after raids shut down a lot of factories.  I was supposed to be getting a VSF.  I have no idea what factory made the one  I actually received - but I will never buy another rep from any factory. 

Before you ask, yes, TD sent QC pics of this watch, I responded back with a question - if memory serves me I asked "Is this a VSF factory" or some similar question but did not approve nor did I refuse.  So the TD responded back VSF is not producing at this time and shipped the replacement watch.  I don't know who takes the blame on that one.  He was covering the US Post Office screw up at his own expense, and I did not respond with an adamant "refusal".  I think we share that one and I have to chalk this up to education.  I now own a fake watch that I would be embarrassed to wear to any social function where someone may know a thing or two about watches.  But it is sufficient for a dailey while my Tissot (Gen) is off to the factory for service.

So, what is wrong with it?  "Everything" is a correct answer, but it is too vague.  The most noticeable problems are:

Face color is off - it is supposed to be grey with a lavender hue, but it is pinkish-grey (very pink and very noticeable) - I have tried it in different lights, it remains PINK - as in Victoria Secret would be proud to sponsor this watch Pink.

Numbers are wrong color - the marker numbers at 3-6-9-12 are supposed to be blue (same color as hands, logo, etc.) but they are lavender.  So far off color it was the first thing I saw in the QC pics.  Plus,  they are not pronounced and are almost invisible in all but direct light.  Should have pointed this out in the QC pics instead of asking a stupid question.

Markings on outer edge are so light I have to tilt the watch to get light to reflect off them to even know they are there .

"Seamaster" engraving is so light it is difficult to see without bright light.  

The "planking" is correct in placement but it is not sufficiently pronounced.  The Gen has a "depth" component to it so that it gives the impression the planks are actually individual pieces.  This one appears "flat  with lines etched onto it."  

The weight and feel are reasonably close, slightly light but that would take some knowledge.  I could not find any errors in the band, or the engraving on the back of the watch - if only whatever factory assembled this one paid as much attention to the face as they did the case and band . . .

The movement would probably fool the average person, but there are several obvious errors.  I don't know what to call the parts, but pull up a photo on the Omega website, look at this one and the photo and . . . well, markings are in the wrong place, the color in the engraving is close but not quite, and the shape of the part that swings around (its that the rotor?) is wrong and the engraving on it is too small and in the wrong place and the center bearing on this is a glaring dead give-a-way to even those that have never seen a Gen movement because no watch maker anywhere would dare charger $5,000 for a watch with that . . . how do I explain it - "ugly", "raw", "unfinished", "complete lack of detail", "just fucking wrong". . . .   it is like the factory that manufactured the movement dropped the part that was supposed to go there and just found a random piece of aluminum, hit it with a file a few times, then rubbed it with a little jewelers rouge and shoved it into the center of the movement very unceremoniously.

I am tired to staring at all the flaws so I give up.

I know, a $350 replica of a $5,000 watch is never going to be "correct" but guys, please tell me there is not an entire industry built around knock-offs that are this bad!  I have seen reviews on this forum where members compared a Gen to the Rep and some of you would point out discrepancies that I could not see but no one, and I mean absolutely no one would ever think this thing is a Gen, or even a decent Rep for that fact.  

BadApple
8 minutes ago, RLR267 said:

Good news - it finally arrived.  Bad news - it will definitely be my one and only rep.  I will accept it was a series of bad timing and unusual events but a 4-year old that has only seen a Gen once in a movie could pick this thing out as a fake.  It is not a replica, it is an out and out fake.

This has surprised me - the only other factories recently producing are ORF and OMF - VSF are very much bob on so these issues would not have appeared. There are other more obscure and even budget factories like GDF

GingerApple

Jeez, what a crappy experience you've had. Sounds like you've ended up with a DH Gate shitter from your description.

Let's see some pics.

The best reps are amazing. You've  seemingly just received crap.

BoobBandit

Yeah it sounds like you got a crapper. Some of these watches are legit. No way around it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Intresting

Yikes.  Is that VSF Seamaster that the OP was supposed to have bought?   Does not sound like the VSF experience that most have.    Sad forhim.

Flinnt

That’s a very unfortunate experience. 
I love several of the Seamasters enough to buy gen…except VSF is far too good to consider buying the gen. 
I have 6 VSF Seamasters now. 
I realise you’re not keen on rolling the dice again, but this is where finding a TD to suit you is of benefit. Some will be focused on supplying same quality as you ordered, and a VSF Seamaster is top quality. In this case some TDs would have told you to pick another watch as the VSF is unavailable rather than provide a lower quality version of what you ordered. 

Intresting
1 hour ago, Flinnt said:

That’s a very unfortunate experience. 
I love several of the Seamasters enough to buy gen…except VSF is far too good to consider buying the gen. 
I have 6 VSF Seamasters now. 
I realise you’re not keen on rolling the dice again, but this is where finding a TD to suit you is of benefit. Some will be focused on supplying same quality as you ordered, and a VSF Seamaster is top quality. In this case some TDs would have told you to pick another watch as the VSF is unavailable rather than provide a lower quality version of what you ordered. 

6 VSFs.  -  if you ever want to unload a piece let me know :D

tribefan

Let's see some pics of this supposed pink and lavender VSF. This thread has turned full Bachman novel.

• Like 1

SteveA

Pictures please and Iwould also be asking the TD where he got this and I would consider contacting a mod with full facts ,they may be able to assist with a resolution on this.

BadApple

Here's my latest purchase.........

jK9VOY.jpg

RLR267

Let me figure out how to upload a photo

Edited by RLR267

RLR267

The first photo is from the Omega catalogue.  I will be the first to admit that the catalogue photos have been enhanced, but aI have had the Gen on my wrist and the color in the catalogue is pretty correct and in particular the numbers at 3-6-9-12 are the same color as the hands on the Gen.

jKwHLQ.png

This is just a pic taken with my iPhone but as you can seek the color is way off.  The lavender numbers are at 3-6-12.

jKwKrL.png