Sign in to follow this  
Ska

Ska's Custom Watch Project Update: 1st Dial Prototype

SevenSevenFifty

holy shit Ska that looks beautiful. I would like to see the logo to be lumed too..

MikeMcNair

this would look PERFECT if all indicators (the backing plate) were lumed. i woudl give that "ring of fire" look like blueradish did....

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&saf...sa=N&tab=wi

EGIROF4.jpg

either way chris, excellent work, keep it going allllll the way to number 3 :bsmeter:

Caliper

sweet!

David543

Hi Chris

Thank you for answering all the questions.

I think what you're doing sounds spot-on. I can see your reason for the Ceramic so the watch is non-magnetic and presumably lighter? My Ball watches have a lot of engineering to protect the movement agains magnetism and are built to withstand anything short of a small explosive charge, but being made of steel still pick up scratches. My rep Rado doesn't and I love that. So I like the plating you are putting on and with a 'proper' DLC the main causes of scratching would be eliminated. The Ruthenium looks gorgeous and should contrast with the mat DLC beautifully. I have almost bought another Ball watch with a DLC and was investigating it, but now I am going to hold off having seen and heard what you are doing.

Love the work you do on guitars as well, my wife plays guitar and sings so I appreciate the work there too.

Akira

Chris this is just amazing.....period.

KeNnY

Amazing you are a son of God Ska !! Amazing buddy !!!!! This baby must be in my collection when you will have it finished ! I love the type of dial you selected, and also when it will be lumed like this, including logo, that watch is must have !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TRULY FANTASTIC ! Can't describe with words.

Try to lume the whole, also the lettering to see how it will glow , I know it is not correct version now, just to see ! :lol:

pollux1

Mate you are truly a renaissance man. Beautiful work indeed!

opus9
holy shit Ska that looks beautiful. I would like to see the logo to be lumed too..

+1

cant wait for prices,

regards

opus9

Del

Wow! That looks amazing Ska! :lol:

I like the sound of Mike's idea of luming the full back plate, although maybe that would be OTT.

Can't wait for the next progress report! :Whistle:

graman

:Whistle:

Ska! :lol:

Awesome!

That is simply brilliant!

Dr Yan

Wow Ska thats amazing.

thanks for showing the process , very interesting.

i really like the date at 6, just a little different than the rest.

trailboss99

Oh bloody hell! This is gunna cost me, I just know it . . .

Col.

greg_r

Col.

+1

How long until they rep it, I wonder? :lol:

KeNnY

Col.

+1

How long until they rep it, I wonder? :Whistle:

Augus (puretime) already communicating with factory that he only will have this watch, but he can not show pics now :lol:

WebWind

Ska, wil you lume logo and "wingman" too?

KeNnY
Ska, wil you lume logo and "wingman" too?

I hope yes !!!! Well, atleast he should ! B)

Ska

Yes that's the plan. There's also going to be a secondary ring of black ceramic around the edge which will enclose the hour/minute markers so the plan is to lume each hour marker too.

KeNnY
Yes that's the plan. There's also going to be a secondary ring of black ceramic around the edge which will enclose the hour/minute markers so the plan is to lume each hour marker too.

only 1 type of lume color will be used ? or also some Green lume will be combined on the dial ? B)

WebWind

Awesome, do you have some official waiting list? B)

Ska

Just one. I'm not a fan of the blue/green combo. Although either by themselves I'm happy with.

Once I've established a price to make say, 50 and successfully built at least one or two working prototypes, then with the approval of the board Admin (and the other boards too with any luck) I'll start taking pre-orders with deposits.

The deposits will be needed to protect myself obviously as making watches is a very expensive business and if lots of people placed an order but then pulled out I'd be screwed!!

My idea is that once I've established a price, every watch bought will come with a years VIP membership which I'll donate to the relevant forum on their behalf. I'm also hoping to donate a watch to RWG for a fundraiser too, perhaps for RWGs birthday if I get them done in time!

Each watch will be supplied in a Graman-made box complete with all the usual papers, serial numbers etc.

trailboss99

B) :D;) ;) ;) ;) :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

KeNnY
Just one. I'm not a fan of the blue/green combo. Although either by themselves I'm happy with.

Once I've established a price to make say, 50 and successfully built at least one or two working prototypes, then with the approval of the board Admin (and the other boards too with any luck) I'll start taking pre-orders with deposits.

The deposits will be needed to protect myself obviously as making watches is a very expensive business and if lots of people placed an order but then pulled out I'd be screwed!!

My idea is that once I've established a price, every watch bought will come with a years VIP membership which I'll donate to the relevant forum on their behalf. I'm also hoping to donate a watch to RWG for a fundraiser too, perhaps for RWGs birthday if I get them done in time!

Each watch will be supplied in a Graman-made box complete with all the usual papers, serial numbers etc.

Now that is amazing my friend !!! :drool: Waiting for more pics and info ! :popcorn:

graman

That is just sex...plain and simple.

:popcorn:

Member X

Why do I get the feeling that the plastic might soon be glowing red hot... :facepalm: I can't see this being super-cheap! :popcorn:

I actually like that the outer ring round the centre plate is lower - you can see the construction of the dial B) I wouldn't lume it too deeply (i.e. not up to the dial top plate) for the same reason! :drool: That's just me, though :P

Ska

For anyone interested, the Wingman has now been updated to include Crown Guards.

The Lugs are also chamfered rather than smoothed off now as well to give it a slightly more aggressive look.

GhostPilotWingmanCGtest.jpg