Sign in to follow this  
onzenuub

Two new Breitlings

greg_r
@ Col :rofl: This thread was about two new gen Breitlings dammit.

He seems a little testy this morning. Maybe because Fakey called him names. :rolleyes:

Nah - it was Dave the dingbat that called him names.

greg_r
@ Col :rolleyes: This thread was about two new gen Breitlings dammit.

Which just goes to show how many people actually care about Breitlings Talk%20to%20the%20Hand.gif

okay, okay, I take it back. Put the tomatoes down, Onze.... :rolleyes:

:rofl:

JoeyB
@ Col :rofl: This thread was about two new gen Breitlings dammit.

He seems a little testy this morning. Maybe because Fakey called him names. :rolleyes:

Nah - it was Dave the dingbat that called him names.

My bad, I missed the "according to Fakey" part.

JoeyB
Those are very nice, Onze. As I have been told you are the Breitling expert can you tell me if you know where i can find a rep Breitling Navitimer World GMT with a quartz movement? I've tried all the recommended dealers and a few that are not. I was told by one that they had them last year but no longer. Any ideas?

Found one: http://www.watcheden.com/breitling-navitim...-31228-p-1.html Don't know about the dealer. @ RWI they say it is a nice dealer.

Onze,

These are similar to the new models you posted in that they are a combination. I'd prefer the Navitimer, but if it's just not available I will go with the middle one here. WatchEden is on our dealer list, but the communication so far is poor. I asked about the GMT 4th hand on the Navi, and Sarah directs me to their web site. I asked about the functions of the Emergency, it has a bunch of pushers, and she pastes the description from, and directs me to the web site, and it is just the generic description on both, no mention of functions at all. So, we'll see what she comes back with this time. I have asked a couple of other dealers about the Emergency as well, so far Hont said no, not available through him.

And the quest continues!

4v.jpg4v.jpg4v.jpg

greg_r

Hmm - I've bought a few watches off Tony (WE) in the last 12 months and communication was always pretty good. I've heard a couple of people say that Sarah isn't as good as Tony was, though, so I'll be interested in hearing what sort of response you get.

Might be worth dropping Lawrence a line, too...

JoeyB
Hmm - I've bought a few watches off Tony (WE) in the last 12 months and communication was always pretty good. I've heard a couple of people say that Sarah isn't as good as Tony was, though, so I'll be interested in hearing what sort of response you get.

I'll keep you posted on Sarah. Luthier's girl, Mary, got back to me and asked that I wait until tomorrow when business is open. I contacted Lawrence on the Navitimer, no dice.

Luthier

I'll keep you posted on Sarah. Luthier's girl, Mary, got back to me and asked that I wait until tomorrow when business is open. I contacted Lawrence on the Navitimer, no dice.

I asked Mary about Quartz Navi GMT World, she searched hardly, and reported, that this watch available only with A7750, nobody make it with Quartz movement.

JoeyB

I asked Mary about Quartz Navi GMT World, she searched hardly, and reported, that this watch available only with A7750, nobody make it with Quartz movement.

Yep, Mary looked for the Navitimer two weeks ago for me, said it was made last year but no longer available. She is going to look for the Emergency tomorrow.

iabounty

Thats the kind of tough luck I usually end up having Joey.....

If we could stand Timex, Wal-mart would be our dealer........

It's called being a day late and a dollar short in Iowa anyway. I thought I wanted a Breitling rep. with quartz myself about a year ago but the ones I saw at that time looked entirely different than what the auto's did so I gave up....

I hope you can source the watch you want my friend, good luck....

JoeyB

Thats the kind of tough luck I usually end up having Joey.....

If we could stand Timex, Wal-mart would be our dealer........

It's called being a day late and a dollar short in Iowa anyway. I thought I wanted a Breitling rep. with quartz myself about a year ago but the ones I saw at that time looked entirely different than what the auto's did so I gave up....

I hope you can source the watch you want my friend, good luck....

Thanks, I hope so too. I have a need for accuracy, hence the quartz. But, since my quest began my almost 1 year old Retro GMTII with a gen ETA is suddenly staying within +2 seconds a month after being all over the place, my GMT ceramic, same movement is accurate but I don't want to ruin it in what I do, and the DSSD with the 21j is simply dumbfounding! I've been trying to regulate the damn thing for 3 weeks now. It will run within 1 second the first 12 hours after manual wind, then it will gain 2½ minutes the next 9 hours, then slow down for the next 15 hours or so. There were a couple of times I swear I just touched the adjustment, swear it didn't move, and it went from way slow to way fast before I got it settled to this. Pure entertainment, this watch hobby!!