Sign in to follow this  
AGL

Need Help Choosing The Right Seller

AGL

Hello all,

I need a little help! I am looking to buy the basic Breitling Navitimer with a steel case, blue dial but with a black strap.

It ideally needs to have seconds at '9' and the working chronograph.

- 1 question I do have... On the genuine ones, why does the minute dial for the chronograph only rise as far as 30 minutes? What happens when your in the last half of the hour?

I am based in the uk. I don't have a budget yet, but this watch is first on my MUST BUY list!

A.

downfromtheglen

I think the dial at 6:00 that goes to 30 is an hour counter (that's what it is on my Datora.) So the chrono minute counter is at 12:00, the chrono hour counter is at 6:00, and the seconds/24 hour indicator is at 9:00.

I've seen some good ones at Silix. Keep in mind, if you buy an 'economy' watch, you'll get just that. The chrono may (or may not) function like a gen.

Luthier

Navitimer:

Seconds @9, minutes (30 min.) @3, hours (12 hours) @6.

Or:

Seconds @9, minutes (30min.) @12, hours (12 h.) @6.

AGL
I would email or msg Mary from Watch International about it.

http://www.watch-international.com/index.p...roducts_id=3128

Here is a blue face, just need to swap out the band, which I assume she can do.

This watch is very good looking but the dials are not in the same position as the gen im looking at... Shift them all a quarter hour counter clockwise and you get the idea...

Thankyou for the details regarding the chronograph though. Thats very helpful. Is that standard practice on most watches?

A.

jameo210369
I would email or msg Mary from Watch International about it.

http://www.watch-international.com/index.p...roducts_id=3128

Here is a blue face, just need to swap out the band, which I assume she can do.

You can't go wrong with Mary, plenty of other good sellers linked to the forum.

nighty

as for the reason the minute counter is only up to 30, it might be just for the same reason it is on my JLC... hour counter isnt jumping, therefore

if you have <30 mins the hand of the hour counter will be closer to the "previous marker" than the next one (which obviously will be the case

when you'll be above 30 mins)

It might not be a quick direct reading, but if you measure durations above 30 minutes, you probably have a few seconds to read the result :P

*cheers*

AGL
as for the reason the minute counter is only up to 30, it might be just for the same reason it is on my JLC... hour counter isnt jumping, therefore

if you have <30 mins the hand of the hour counter will be closer to the "previous marker" than the next one (which obviously will be the case

when you'll be above 30 mins)

It might not be a quick direct reading, but if you measure durations above 30 minutes, you probably have a few seconds to read the result :P

*cheers*

That's a good answer!

From what I can see this watch here is the best one for my needs!!