Phil994

The king of the latest 116610LV Submariner’s

Phil994

With Noob having a discount on the 116610LV Sub with A2836 movement is it worth considering this piece over the popular factories pushing the hulk like ZZF with the V2S or ARF Hulk..

This is a general discussion about the three that seem to be leading the way for the hulk

post your thoughts :) 

Edited by Phil994
Spelling

Flinnt

I have a Noob V9 hulk which I’ve replaced the bezel insert and dial with Clean Factory (which is what’s on the ZZF), as well as installed a gen ETA 2836 and a Prof crystal. 

I’m far from any sub expert so can’t comment on “gen like”, but in my opinion the Noob case is excellent. The 2836 was a must for me as I wanted gen ETA. Without doubt the Clean Factory dial is better than the Noob. The bezel insert is more personal taste. The Clean is more silver/platinum in the engravings compared to Noobs more white. The Noob has a darker green more towards olive green whereas the Clean has a lighter green more like emerald but still not the same colour as gen and not as saturated looking.  I prefer the Clean but others may not. 

Keep in mind this is V9 Noob I’m comparing with. 

In the end I reckon you can’t go wrong with any of Noob, ZZF or ARF. But you can improve them all so maybe look at what you would improve on each and how easy/what it costs to do. 

thejudge

Well main improvement of the Noob 10 is supposed to be the bezel.  So it would be interesting to see how it compares to ZZF.

On the movements is there anyway to tell between a A2836 and SH/SA3315 without opening the watch?

OJHorology

I just got a zzf v2s so 100% not biased.

I would say:

1. ZZF v2s
  2. ARF v3
  3. Noob 10 (even with the discount)

There's heaps of posts on this already by the way - its all really about opinion. As @Flinnt mentioned, can't go wrong with any of those 3 factories (unless you pick wrong and don't buy a zzf).

Forgot to add, the same applies to LN.

Edited by OJHorology

GingerApple
32 minutes ago, thejudge said:

On the movements is there anyway to tell between a A2836 and SH/SA3315 without opening the watch?

Don't quote me on this because I know naafink, but do the hands on the clone movements rotate in the same direction as Gen (whereas they rotate in the opposite direction on the various ETAs)?

splke
3 minutes ago, TheGingerFerret said:

Don't quote me on this because I know naafink, but do the hands on the clone movements rotate in the same direction as Gen (whereas they rotate in the opposite direction on the various ETAs)?

what like the watch goes anti clockwise :daffy:

• Like 2

Lagger

Zzf easily the best, with an arf bracelet and hands perfect.........noob is behind at the moment

OJHorology
27 minutes ago, TheGingerFerret said:

I WILL quote you - because...you are correct.

16 minutes ago, Lagger said:

Zzf easily the best, with an arf bracelet and hands perfect.........noob is behind at the moment

After a clean/oil bath the zzf feels as good as the arf.

• Like 1

Flinnt
14 hours ago, OJHorology said:

As @Flinnt mentioned, can't go wrong with any of those 3 factories (unless you pick wrong and don't buy a zzf).

Gotta agree. The ZZF wasn’t around when I bought mine, and once it was I converted mine to look like the ZZF with dial and insert. If I was buying now I’d buy ZZF. 

Intresting

ZZF latest releases seem to have some minor (or major?) issues.  Posted elsewhere.

Ferax

I have the ARF v3 Submariner Hulk. 

I was really pleased when I first saw it. But then I noticed that it doesnt work!! The 6 hour indicator was too high and the minute hand was blocked and couldnt move further. 

However my watchsmith fixed it and now I am really happy with this watch. The bracelet feels just perfect. 

Don't know if I would buy it again. Looks really good, everything is perfectly aligned, but as I said I had some problem with it. 

I love submariner. I really need a black one. But don't know which one to choose. I think I will order one from BK next time... 

OJHorology
2 hours ago, Intresting said:

ZZF latest releases seem to have some minor (or major?) issues.  Posted elsewhere.

They were supposed to fix the X issue with the serials but they didn't...gotta save some defects for some more releases 

Phil994
On 06/05/2020 at 16:52, OJHorology said:

I just got a zzf v2s so 100% not biased.

I would say:

1. ZZF v2s
  2. ARF v3
  3. Noob 10 (even with the discount)

There's heaps of posts on this already by the way - its all really about opinion. As @Flinnt mentioned, can't go wrong with any of those 3 factories (unless you pick wrong and don't buy a zzf).

Forgot to add, the same applies to LN.

Haha, Thanks for all the replies 

I ended up going for the ARF V3.. I don't know if was the best choice however I will see it in person when it arrives. 

@OJHorology You think for a ZZF for the 114060 LN? 

OJHorology
3 hours ago, Phil994 said:

Haha, Thanks for all the replies 

I ended up going for the ARF V3.. I don't know if was the best choice however I will see it in person when it arrives. 

@OJHorology You think for a ZZF for the 114060 LN? 

No worries - you can't go wrong with that ARF I'm sure you'll really enjoy your watch.

Yeah, I would recommend the ZZF LN. 

I got the one below from M2M - ZZF v2 with a 2836 movement. The 2836 movement is slightly cheaper and very reliable.

If you were to get one, you could compare them ;)

MetalMickey

Ooh. A “best sub” thread! 

OJHorology
On 13/05/2020 at 23:29, MetalMickey said:

Ooh. A “best sub” thread! 

You can never have too many...

And even though you don't want to...you still check the thread out hahah

DJ Khaled with Cigar and finger indicating ANOTHER ONE | Another ...

Phil994

Haha

the competition is changing daily got to stay on the rise ;)

Edited by Phil994

nunu78

what about the newest Noob V10? is the insert  color is same as ZZF.

MetalMickey
18 hours ago, OJHorology said:

You can never have too many...

And even though you don't want to...you still check the thread out hahah

Always. I have absolutely no idea about the current Rolex rep market

GenTLe

This is just my small view: I just don't think that the 100/200$ difference are justified between even the Noob V8 on sale now (with A2836) and the Arf/Zzf.

Lagger
9 minutes ago, GenTLe said:

This is just my small view: I just don't think that the 100/200$ difference are justified between even the Noob V8 on sale now (with A2836) and the Arf/Zzf.

I had a V8 no date, as well as owning V5,6,7 and 9s LN and LV............NOOBS are decent but well behind both ARF and ZZF

• Like 1

GenTLe
I had a V8 no date, as well as owning V5,6,7 and 9s LN and LV............NOOBS are decent but well behind both ARF and ZZF
Not saying the opposite, it's just that personally those differences don't justify such price difference :)

Lagger
8 minutes ago, GenTLe said:

Not saying the opposite, it's just that personally those differences don't justify such price difference :)

Yeah I know where you are coming from, personally I think reps are grossly overpriced, and circa $300 is where they should be at, I baulk at buying them at 400 plus.

Just got a GFbreitling colt from Toro, for 308.....its first class, and exposes the prices of the others

• Like 2

BackInHisBox
On 04/05/2020 at 23:05, Phil994 said:

With Noob having a discount on the 116610LV Sub with A2836 movement is it worth considering this piece over the popular factories pushing the hulk like ZZF with the V2S or ARF Hulk..

This is a general discussion about the three that seem to be leading the way for the hulk

post your thoughts :) 

I’m currently in the same debate. I definitely lean toward the Noob V8 with A2836, because I really can’t see a difference between it and the ZZF or ARF. I see people claiming that the ZZF dial is cleaner, but that really doesn’t say anything to me. I mean in what way? How? I see zero difference in pictures.

On 04/05/2020 at 23:25, Flinnt said:

I have a Noob V9 hulk which I’ve replaced the bezel insert and dial with Clean Factory (which is what’s on the ZZF), as well as installed a gen ETA 2836 and a Prof crystal. 

I’m far from any sub expert so can’t comment on “gen like”, but in my opinion the Noob case is excellent. The 2836 was a must for me as I wanted gen ETA. Without doubt the Clean Factory dial is better than the Noob. The bezel insert is more personal taste. The Clean is more silver/platinum in the engravings compared to Noobs more white. The Noob has a darker green more towards olive green whereas the Clean has a lighter green more like emerald but still not the same colour as gen and not as saturated looking.  I prefer the Clean but others may not. 

Keep in mind this is V9 Noob I’m comparing with. 

In the end I reckon you can’t go wrong with any of Noob, ZZF or ARF. But you can improve them all so maybe look at what you would improve on each and how easy/what it costs to do. 

Why did you replace the dial and bezel insert? Color off?

Flinnt
5 hours ago, BeyondTheBox said:

Why did you replace the dial and bezel insert? Color off?

I didn’t like the colour of noob insert, too dark and olive. I do like the colour of the clean insert, even though it’s lighter and less saturated than gen. Just personal choice. 
I ordered the clean dial just to see and was going to sell it if I didn’t think it was significantly better. When it arrived I saw it was significantly better. Everything about it is crisper and cleaner, the indices look more refined, the sunburst effect looks better, it looks darker in certain light like gen. I can confidently say it’s a better dial. Is it worth spending the extra money for it?...probably not but it is better. 

• Like 2