Phil994

The king of the latest 116610LV Submariner’s

BackInHisBox

I’ve been looking a lot at all of the options out there and I’m most impressed by the Noob V8. It appears, to me, to be the bang for buck.

I don’t care about Clones movements when they’re hidden within the case. From pictures I can’t see an ounce of difference in color between any of them that isn’t just lighting differences, and I guess i just really don’t care to be that exact. The case looks right, the bracelet looks right, the markings look accurate and it is al that for under $300. So I’ve made my choice.

nunu78
25 minutes ago, BeyondTheBox said:

I’ve been looking a lot at all of the options out there and I’m most impressed by the Noob V8. It appears, to me, to be the bang for buck.

I don’t care about Clones movements when they’re hidden within the case. From pictures I can’t see an ounce of difference in color between any of them that isn’t just lighting differences, and I guess i just really don’t care to be that exact. The case looks right, the bracelet looks right, the markings look accurate and it is al that for under $300. So I’ve made my choice.

Let me make your decision bit easier:)

26 minutes ago, BeyondTheBox said:

Let me make your decision bit easier :)

nunu78
27 minutes ago, BeyondTheBox said:

Here you go,  my V8s says hello.

49883671921_5887f98f85_b.jpg

• Like 1

BackInHisBox
8 minutes ago, nunu78 said:

Here you go,  my V8s says hello.

49883671921_5887f98f85_b.jpg

Looks great! Any reason you would want to upgrade to any of the others like V9, V10, ARF or ZZF?

Like what would you say is lacking or just not quite right, if anything?

nunu78

I can’t find anything as it got the same bezel as Noob V10 that’s why they are calling it V8s , it’s comes with 318 steel instead of 904. Frankly speaking this difference of steel is nothing in my eyes as I’ve tried everything to differentiate b/w these two.

• Like 1

BackInHisBox
10 minutes ago, nunu78 said:

I can’t find anything as it got the same bezel as Noob V10 that’s why they are calling it V8s , it’s comes with 318 steel instead of 904. Frankly speaking this difference of steel is nothing in my eyes as I’ve tried everything to differentiate b/w these two.

Thanks for that. The steel difference also means nothing to me and I highly doubt that they’re really using 904L as claimed anyway.

Flinnt
3 hours ago, BeyondTheBox said:

I highly doubt that they’re really using 904L as claimed anyway.

A metallurgist over on RWI took a scraping from a case (I think it was a Noob case) and analysed it and found it was 904L. 
The bigger point is whether anyone knows or cares about which SS it is on your wrist. 

• Like 1

wobble44

Here is my new ZZFv2s received last week.

To me the most important factors are dial and insert and from research I think ZZF are winning at the mo.

I will be upgrading the crystal to Gen and the bracelet to an ARF - If anyone has either that they want to sell then please let me know. Thanks.

4471cb09389920e8d79cb4f5f51781aa.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

iceberg1459
On 23/05/2020 at 10:53, Cookie88888 said:

Here is my new ZZFv2s received last week.

To me the most important factors are dial and insert and from research I think ZZF are winning at the mo.

I will be upgrading the crystal to Gen and the bracelet to an ARF - If anyone has either that they want to sell then please let me know. Thanks.

4471cb09389920e8d79cb4f5f51781aa.jpg

how does the insert look in low light? a pic would be great

wobble44
how does the insert look in low light? a pic would be great

Like this:

24680fe75ea2e8bce54639a698ad55aa.jpg1b94ccdf9071c451cd77c6d49700e8ae.jpg

iceberg1459

this guy on RWI is comparing appearantly his gen vs both ZZF LV and LN. the difference looks huge. but in your pics they dont look so dull.

is it possible that ZZF can really look so dull irl?

GingerApple

That's a great video, thanks for sharing.

The xtal looks a lot worse on the ZZF (but easily fixed with a Prof or Gen) and the insert silver is way less bright - a good paint mod (or plating) should sort that. Personally a Prof xtal and paint mod would get me close enough.

• Like 1

Lagger

@Genius cracking video above mate

OJHorology

@iceberg1459 you beat me to linking that vid - I've already messaged the guy about the breit at the end

LN wise it looks fine in the sun/lighted room, not so great in dim lighting/room.

His LV also looks unusually "dull" though.

• Like 1

BackInHisBox

kpRqt.jpg kpfX2.jpg

Well I actually went a different route, not sure if the rehaute looks right. What’s your thoughts about the watch? Good rep or nah?

GingerApple

I think you saved a hundred bucks.

• Like 1

BackInHisBox
4 hours ago, TheGingerFerret said:

I think you saved a hundred bucks.

Truth. The bezel has a tiny bit of slip and misalignment, but overall it’s really quite nice. Excellent butter smooth movement and finally not a loud one. I think I can have the bezel insert adjusted to align better at some point.

GingerApple
6 minutes ago, BeyondTheBox said:

Truth. The bezel has a tiny bit of slip and misalignment, but overall it’s really quite nice. Excellent butter smooth movement and finally not a loud one. I think I can have the bezel insert adjusted to align better at some point.

Well if you’re  happy with it, and your saved $100 as well, top result! Enjoy it.

• Like 1

BackInHisBox
1 hour ago, TheGingerFerret said:

Well if you’re  happy with it, and your saved $100 as well, top result! Enjoy it.

Got it for $253 shipped, and it arrived in two weeks. Amazing really! Thanks for the kind words, seems a little off for you. You feeling okay? Feel free to rip into it and point out any flaws I might not recognize or be seeing. I’d rather address them now and fix what I can.

nunu78

What version is this?

BackInHisBox
5 hours ago, nunu78 said:

What version is this?

Mine you mean? Mine is BP.

After all that debating about the other three I saw this and couldn’t resist. 253 shipped and I had in under two weeks. Looks great and movement is silent and buttery smooth.

Edited by BeyondTheBox